LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

So Reid is "holding back plays". Lol Hofer

Here's the bloody truth; Alex Smith makes the team competitive (enough to have a winning record) but FAR from a contender.

He does only what he's ask of, and that's his Achilles heel. Great QB's go above and beyond minimum requirements.

"Small Ball" play is not sustainable, and that is Alex Smith.

#whatsyourexcuse
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM ]
A bad game after four good ones...hysteria time!
Originally posted by hofer36:

and maybe you are right, maybe Kansas City isnt as good as people thought...if this is true, then alex smith is an even better qb than we thought, leading such a average team into the playoffs and posting career highs for tds and passing yards with the likes of dwayne bowe, donnie avery, atnony fasano...imagine what he might do with better talent

Interesting take (or spin-job) for some, but it's been accurate.

When the OL and receivers are doing an adequate job, we see the results with Alex. Last 4 games, the OL was showing much improvement, and the receivers were... well, at least catching somewhat better. And how did that work out? 119 passer rating... 12 TDs - 2 INTs.

Like I been saying... KC just needs to get their OL sorted out... get guys healthy.. figure out how to get their defense improved. The QB position is solid.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Good games against teams like the Raiders, bad games against real teams. lol

The Chiefs had the opportunity to establish relevance. But they couldn't protect their own house.

This is the time to get on a roll, and NOT the time to lose at home.

#seahawks
#chiefs
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Numbers identical does not equal similiar play. Two different teams.

And Cassell and Smith play nothing alike. I'm really surprised to hear that coming out of your mouth.

Watch Cassel in 2010, he had pretty much the same role, was a game manager, played smart, limited turnovers, KC made the playoffs. Smith has done the same thing, turning the ball over at a slightly higher rate, same result.
I thought the whole KC team suck balls against the Colts when I was watching the early part of the game. Bad on offense. Bad on defense. But then I realized both of these teams have already clinched for the playoffs in their respective positions. Very good chance they will meet again in the playoff so they are not going to show anything for the other team.
yeah because you were wrong-

Yeah, Cassel in 2010 was better.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
yeah because you were wrong-

Yeah, Cassel in 2010 was better.

Wait cassel sucking stats is smiths career year ?
Worst game of the year for Alex. Also one of the worst play calling efforts by Reid and co. They went from being super dynamic to super vanilla.
worst 11-4 team ever

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Good games against teams like the Raiders, bad games against real teams. lol

The Chiefs had the opportunity to establish relevance. But they couldn't protect their own house.

This is the time to get on a roll, and NOT the time to lose at home.

#seahawks
#chiefs

You establish relevance by winning Super Bowls. Still waiting and won't condemn a team or player without reason...I realize it is a habit for some...and a hobby! What would your day be like without a little Smith bashing? LOL!
One and done in the playoffs.
Colts Beat 49ers = Colts are a serious superbowl threat

Colts beat chiefs = Chiefs can't beat good teams

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
One and done in the playoffs.

I hope not. I would like them to make it to the SB. I just like them better than any other AFC team, and it would be great for Smith. But they will only go as far as the defense takes them, and that is not looking good right now. Until one or the other are eliminated, and I hoping for a SF vs KC super bowl.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I hope not. I would like them to make it to the SB. I just like them better than any other AFC team, and it would be great for Smith. But they will only go as far as the defense takes them, and that is not looking good right now. Until one or the other are eliminated, and I hoping for a SF vs KC super bowl.

If the defense gets healthy for the playoffs...
Share 49ersWebzone