LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

still pretty confident in them to win the division. just need a home win vs denver.
  • dj43
To put yesterday's game in perspective we need to recall that Philip Rivers has always been a very good QB. He has had poor performances the past two years due, in large part, to the fact Norv Turner had hit the wall. He had no answers for a talented team that needed a bigger vision and a fresh approach. Mike McCoy has brought that and with it has come a great deal of confidence. Rivers is once again playing like a top 5 QB talent and yesterday it showed. Yes, the injuries to KC's defense made his job easier but the Alex Smith-led Chiefs offense proved it can score at a high level if needed.

The upcoming Denver came is going to be a big test for both teams. Last night's grinding loss certainly took a lot out of Denver both physically and emotionally. They will also be on a short week. This game sets up to be very telling about which team will be the #1 seed in the AFC. (can't believe we can say that about KC given where they were last season but that is what a good QB and coach can do for a team.) I understand that KC continuing to win may move the 49er pick back a few spots but if Baalke is on his game, it should not matter. There will be very little value difference between 25 and 29. Of course if the 49er offense doesn't pick up, they may have the higher pick anyway.
Originally posted by niners94:
Alex with a nice game but the Chiefs lost. Win all the around for Alex and Niner fans.

Nice positive perspective!
Originally posted by A-broken-Mir:
Originally posted by Heed49er:
With the Broncos losing to the Pats, the Denver @ KC game is going to be huge.

lol alex is 0-2 against good teams. what makes you think he's gonna beat Denver?

you know, to some people's way of thinking alex is 0-2 against "good teams" and the chiefs are 9-0 against other teams
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Smith to Bowe on that TD... Back shoulder throw by Smith. Bowe one armed the catch

smith also looked off the coverage before making the throw
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by A-broken-Mir:
Originally posted by Heed49er:
With the Broncos losing to the Pats, the Denver @ KC game is going to be huge.

lol alex is 0-2 against good teams. what makes you think he's gonna beat Denver?

you know, to some people's way of thinking alex is 0-2 against "good teams" and the chiefs are 9-0 against other teams

its pretty pathetic how badly some 49er fans hate the guy.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Alex obviously sucks and caused the Chiefs to lose. I mean, who leads their team on a game-winning drive with less than a minute and a half to go and then lets the opponent come back and score a touchdown in less than a minute? Sucky Alex Smith defense.

All kidding aside, it's nice to see the media giving Alex humungous props for an incredible game by him. Straight up clutch player.

on chiefs go ahead drive ending with the smith to bowe td, andy reid called a time out right before the play where the chiefs scored (i think it was after the nice gainer to charles)---not sure why he called time out---it seems to me that the chiefs could have given the ball back to chargers with a lot less time if he hadnt called time
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:
what's his stat when the opponent score 24 or more points. 2 and f**kin terrible i think?

Find me one QB that has a winning record when the oppenent scorea 24 or more points.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by niners94:
Alex with a nice game but the Chiefs lost. Win all the around for Alex and Niner fans.

Nice positive perspective!

1st time ever about Alex lol
Originally posted by captveg:
what's his stat when the opponent score 24 or more points. 2 and f**kin terrible i think?

Find me one QB that has a winning record when the oppenent scorea 24 or more points.

2-25?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
alex did good which is no surprise because he did prove in a niner uniform he can compete when the game is a shootout.. but i am wondering what happened the famed d of the chiefs? the chargers are really a hard team to figure. they can really stink it up( always thought it was norvs fault) and then they play lights out like they did yesterday against maybe the best defense in the nfl.
Originally posted by captveg:

Brady
Mannings
Romo
Rivers
Flacco
Stafford
Dalton
Big Ben
Kaep
Russel Wilson
Luck

lol
  • Jiks

Let's also fail to mention that 23 of those 27 games lost were before 2011.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 25, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]
^ is that for all teams? So under 50% win when the other team scores more than 17 points?
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
^ is that for all teams? So under 50% win when the other team scores more than 17 points?

To calculate WOA, we first need a baseline to determine what 'NFL average performance' looks like. For our purposes here we'll use the league average winning percentage in regular season games between 2008 and 2012. In the table below I've crunched the numbers for all 2,560 NFL regular season games for the last five seasons, and I've formed five clusters by points allowed for which I've calculated the winning percentages for the offenses.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/9/25/4751588/QB-wins-over-average-tom-brady-peyton-manning-aaron-rodgers-tony-romo
Share 49ersWebzone