LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• vaden
  • Veteran
Another good game by Alex and this time the stats showed it, because he actually got decent protection and receivers didn't have that many drops. He would've had 4 TD passes but Charles, among the league leaders in drops, dropped an easy TD.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I still think the KC defense wasn't really tested. Now KC has finally played teams with real starting QBs two weeks in a row and two straight losses. They played well vs Manning and that was off a bye and they were well prepared. Rivers ripped them a new one. Manning is about to make it three straight.

Keep losing KC.

Alex played solid but it wasn't enough. Obvious the defense lost this game but the defense also won about 8 games too.

Yes, it's a really good test to lose both your pass rushers! That will predict future success. Why on earth do you feel it necessary to make these odd assertions?

Less see, if the niners lose Aldon and Brooks, two starting linemen...say staley and Iupati...then we can really tell if they are as good as their record indicates? Hmm...'Calling Mr.Cool, calling Mr. Cool...your agenda on line one!" In the voice of Cleavon Little.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I still think the KC defense wasn't really tested. Now KC has finally played teams with real starting QBs two weeks in a row and two straight losses. They played well vs Manning and that was off a bye and they were well prepared. Rivers ripped them a new one. Manning is about to make it three straight.

Keep losing KC.

Alex played solid but it wasn't enough. Obvious the defense lost this game but the defense also won about 8 games too.

Yes, it's a really good test to lose both your pass rushers! That will predict future success. Why on earth do you feel it necessary to make these odd assertions?

Less see, if the niners lose Aldon and Brooks, two starting linemen...say staley and Iupati...then we can really tell if they are as good as their record indicates? Hmm...'Calling Mr.Cool, calling Mr. Cool...your agenda on line one!" In the voice of Cleavon Little.

Yeah. Now KC defense may be as bad as SD defense. Too bad KC doesn't have the better QB.
  • dj43
"Quarterback Alex Smith deserves a ton of credit for putting the Chiefs in position to win. Kansas City repeatedly converted third-and-long plays throughout the game. He put the Chiefs in the lead with a touchdown with 1:28 left in the game. " Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
jamaal charles deserves all of the credit
  • dj43
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dj43:
That is the equivalent of the 49ers losing Willis and Bowman.

don't know about that! as good as those two are at ILB, a 3-4 losing their pass rushers outside is death.

I won't quibble over the difference. I was only trying to express for those who do not follow the Chiefs the impact of losing those two guys. They, along with Dontari Poe, are the engine that defense runs on. As we all know, if you can't pressure the QB your secondary is going to look bad.

Still Keenan Allen was having a pretty good day before those two went out. Losing them just allowed him to continue. However, in a field goal game decision, their absence certainly had an impact.

What we saw today was the answer to those who questioned if Alex Smith could compete in a shootout with a good QB. Rivers is having a career year this year and Smith was right there matching touchdowns.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM ]
Originally posted by xtm059:
jamaal charles deserves all of the credit
You mean, back then, when he dropped an easy TD?

I don't know what Joecool is trying to argue about. Losing not just "your" passing rushers but Hali and Houston, whereas at least Hali is regarded as one of the best pass-rushers in business, is huge. It indeed affects the game of the opp offense.
It's like losing Aldon and Brooks. Sorry, that's a huge hit.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM ]

What we saw today was the answer to those who questioned if Alex Smith could compete in a shootout with a good QB. Rivers is having a career year this year and Smith was right there matching touchdowns.

no quibble quibble, dj dizzle...

... and yes! Even though they lost, I was very encouraged by what I saw of their offense and the overall ability to get chunk yards when they need to. Like I told KC fans and SF fans all over back in the day... if the OL blocks half decent... if the targets catch most of what comes their way... that QB can handle his business and get lots of wins.

Of course, when a defense plays as badly as KC's did today? NO quarterback is winning many of those.

no quibble quibble, dj dizzle...

... and yes! Even though they lost, I was very encouraged by what I saw of their offense and the overall ability to get chunk yards when they need to. Like I told KC fans and SF fans all over back in the day... if the OL blocks half decent... if the targets catch most of what comes their way... that QB can handle his business and get lots of wins.

Of course, when a defense plays as badly as KC's did today? NO quarterback is winning many of those.

He had them in the lead at the end. All the defense has to do is prevent the touchdown, but then they come out in bump and run man coverage and blow it.
Worst 9-2 team ever

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He had them in the lead at the end. All the defense has to do is prevent the touchdown, but then they come out in bump and run man coverage and blow it.

Yeah... the D was getting molested since the 2nd Q... was no surprise to me that Demps would not be over the top in time. Tough loss for them, but they really do have to be encouraged by some things on offense. They really showed that they can hang with teams in shootouts.
Still shaking my head at how the KC defense was spectacularly ....

Yeah... the D was getting molested since the 2nd Q... was no surprise to me that Demps would not be over the top in time. Tough loss for them, but they really do have to be encouraged by some things on offense. They really showed that they can hang with teams in shootouts.
Still shaking my head at how the KC defense was spectacularly ....

I didnt get a chance to atch really untill the end....

How many drops did Bowe have today? Last week he was droping em left and right.
Wait I thought AS made the defense better...since I'm on the chiefs train now.. I need to get the facts straight

Anyways who cares if the chiefs lost right..Alex did good
I didnt get a chance to atch really untill the end....

How many drops did Bowe have today? Last week he was droping em left and right.

I can only remember one pass that was... as is frequent with Bowe... "dropped" but really called "broken up" by contact.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Wait I thought AS made the defense better...since I'm on the chiefs train now.. I need to get the facts straight

Anyways who cares if the chiefs lost right..Alex did good

trollolololol
Share 49ersWebzone