LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Surprising score.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Worst 9-1 team ever

You are what your record says you are.Its like me saying the Jaguars are the best 1-9 team ever.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Surprising score.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Worst 9-1 team ever

You are what your record says you are.Its like me saying the Jaguars are the best 1-9 team ever.

ive seen better lol
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
wow...Manning weapons are just nuts...

one of the Fastest Big Receivers. D. Thomas
one of the quickest route running Receivers. Welker
one of the fastest Big TEs. Julius Thomas

Then you have Decker.

edit- dammit yall got me making mistakes now..lol. wrong thread.

Makes me want to cry! So many WRs were ahead of Jenkins on most draft boards...and they are doing pretty well!

Jeffrey set Bears single game record--218 yards
Sanu has a perfect passer rating of 158.3, 47 receptions
Hilton has 84 receptions for 1394 in his young career
Givens 42 receptions
Wylie has 53 receptions
Graham with 49
Randle has 39
Jenkins has caught 1...is that really correct? 1?

I think that's called a miss. Don't write anything down this next draft Trent...or, if you do, burn it!

the guy I liked Stephen hill looks like a superstar compared to aj Jenkins but in reality hasn't done anything
Originally posted by Jakemall:
They need to vent because of how poorly Kaep did today.

Yeah, lol.. what I was thinking too.

Watched this one with friends, so I will have to watch again to really focus. Seemed like they did okay, but ultimately couldn't run, block, or hang onto passes well enough to keep up. Not a huge surprise. I wasn't thinking the Chiefs would dominate such a opponent on the road. Chiefs have come a long way, and while they may not get it all together this season, they have emerged as a top 5 AFC team... pretty nice start.
  • Jiks
Keys to the loss
1) poor first and third quarter offense
2) McGraths Fumble
3) dropped passes

I think Alex played "ok" but not well enough to win this game. I just don't see why he doesn't go downfield more. All but his overthrow to McGrath, were pretty good passes. He hit Avery on a spectacular pass to the back shoulder(drop), he hit Avery in stride on another but the defense was just a bit better. He hit Bowe perfectly in stride for a drop. And he made some other really nice throws through out.

IMO he can make every throw in the book. Not sure why he plays so conservative most of the time when he can make these passes.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Keys to the loss
2) McGraths Fumble
3) dropped passes

I think Alex played "ok" but not well enough to win this game. I just don't see why he doesn't go downfield more. All but his overthrow to McGrath, were pretty good passes. He hit Avery on a spectacular pass to the back shoulder(drop), he hit Avery in stride on another but the defense was just a bit better. He hit Bowe perfectly in stride for a drop. And he made some other really nice throws through out.

IMO he can make every throw in the book. Not sure why he plays so conservative most of the time when he can make these passes.

Agree but also want to point out that Denver had as many turn overs...but not as many drops.

As for Smith playing conservatively...that's the way he has learned how to play and what he trusts to do. As (if?) the team brings in some more dependable WRs he will be more apt to make deeper throws. But he does the typical WCO now...use the short stuff to set up the run and the occasional deep ball. Who among the KC WRs are dependable deep threats? None? None! McCluster may become better but right now he is not dependable.

According to advanced stats McCluster has a 45% success rate and is 69th among receivers. Bowe is 49th with a 50% rate. For comparison--Boldin is 16th at 57% and Miami, GB and Pittsburgh have two players in the top twenty--Denver has three in the top fourteen. That might correlate to drops and/or QB accuracy...we've seen how many drops KC has.

Edit: KC still won the time of possession but not by much. Too small a gap for their sluggish offense.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM ]
^ yeah, KC would greatly benefit from drafting/acquiring a good WR that would push Avery to # 3.

Mostly though, the KC OL has been the problem. Didn't help that Manning wasn't touched all night.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Keys to the loss
2) McGraths Fumble
3) dropped passes

I think their idea is to take the importance of a conversion over a deep pass. Unless the deep pass is totally there for the taking, Smith/Reid will take the higher percentage short to medium pass to make the conversion. We are talking about at most 10yards, unless there are penalty yards added. String those conversion together into scoring drive is the main purpose. The rest is secondary-- if it's there take it but don't force it.

There are drawbacks to this. As an example, last night --the Chiefs were 3 scores down. They strung together a nice scoring drive to make it 17-27, but it took too long. By the time they finished there was a little over 4minutes left. They are not a quick strike offense.

Even Manning on the other side took some shots down field, but he didn't connect on most of them. That took away a higher percentage pass that they could have tried to make for a conversion for the first. The widow for the deep passes were there for Manning but the passes were just a bit off, or the receiver just a step short. So it maybe there but low percentage for a connection.

I don't think the idea is Smith alone. It comes from Reid himself. In one of the preseason games, Smith took a deep pass down the sideline that didn't connect. He got a talk to by Reid immediately on the sideline, because it was easily converted down had Smith took a pass underneath. I think if they go deep, they would scheme for it. I don't think Smith has the reign to take a deep pass based on something he sees pre snap. I think it would be almost secondary to the play that is called on his drop back if he sees it.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
^ yeah, KC would greatly benefit from drafting/acquiring a good WR that would push Avery to # 3.

Mostly though, the KC OL has been the problem. Didn't help that Manning wasn't touched all night.

Can't believe the Chiefs couldn't get to Manning! I didn't see many blitzes...which may have been giving Peyton too much respect. An immobile QB is untouched by a great D while a very mobile QB is sacked three times! Argh!

I have to say, it was a good game and Smith looked good for most of it. He appeared relaxed and in control...just can't afford so many drops in the WCO offense. There was some very good DB play by Denver but not THAT good!

Maybe the Chiefs could move the pocket more using those mobile young linemen...certainly couldn't be worse...what am I saying...yes it could...9-1!
Chief O-line gave Smith some very good pockets last night. There are a few plays that they didn't. But there were some good times afford to Smith. Then they had 2 injuries (Fisher and Asamoah) late in the game at the most critical time. When they were trying to pass their way on a comeback late in the game.

Originally posted by hofer36:
the guy I liked Stephen hill looks like a superstar compared to aj Jenkins but in reality hasn't done anything

He's been injured hasn't he?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Can't believe the Chiefs couldn't get to Manning! I didn't see many blitzes...which may have been giving Peyton too much respect. An immobile QB is untouched by a great D while a very mobile QB is sacked three times! Argh!

I have to say, it was a good game and Smith looked good for most of it. He appeared relaxed and in control...just can't afford so many drops in the WCO offense. There was some very good DB play by Denver but not THAT good!

Maybe the Chiefs could move the pocket more using those mobile young linemen...certainly couldn't be worse...what am I saying...yes it could...9-1!

The Chiefs can go 16-1 for all it's worth, but come playoffs they'll be 1 and DONE, because the game is always placed on the QB's shoulders.

For the record, the Niners are pretenders too, we just happened to play 4 playoff teams already.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Denver O already scored more than the KC offense averages. Alex needs to throw deep. Too bad he doesn't.

the chiefs took more shots deep than they have all year--i recall the one pass deep to avery (i think) that was well placed but rodgers cromartie was right there with the receiver stride for stride and knocked it down...then they had mccluster one on one vs adams and again the coverage blanketed the receiver...no qb is going to complete deep passes vs that coverage....point is that like the niners the chiefs suffer from fact that their receivers dont get much seperation on their deep routs....

the one valid criticism i heard last nite re smith was collinsowrth point that when he had the wr wide on a lb, he didnt exploit the mismatch, rather throwing to the inside wr..id like to hear smith's explanation for his decision..maybe the inside receiver was his AR1
[ Edited by hofer36 on Nov 18, 2013 at 8:00 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
the chiefs took more shots deep than they have all year--i recall the one pass deep to avery (i think) that was well placed but rodgers cromartie was right there with the receiver stride for stride and knocked it down...then they had mccluster one on one vs adams and again the coverage blanketed the receiver...no qb is going to complete deep passes vs that coverage....point is that like the niners the chiefs suffer from fact that their receivers dont get much seperation on their deep routs....

the one valid criticism i heard last nite re smith was collinsowrth point that when he had the wr wide on a lb, he didnt exploit the mismatch, rather throwing to the inside wr..id like to hear smith's explanation for his decision..maybe the inside receiver was his AR1

LOL!

.... and it was Jamaal Charles vs a LB, which Smith should have tested, yeah. Alex could be doing better, but he's still showing that.. like most QBs.. he can't carry an offense that has issues all around him. At least, not this season. Good Chiefs team for sure, but not world-beaters in year 1.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
The Chiefs can go 16-1 for all it's worth, but come playoffs they'll be 1 and DONE, because the game is always placed on the QB's shoulders.

For the record, the Niners are pretenders too, we just happened to play 4 playoff teams already.
if the chiefs get a home game they will win at least one game in post season. kansas city in january is tough to play in. i think they can get a wildcard but still get a home game if they only lose one more game the rest of the way? alex was alex, did some nice things and then not so much. was surprised they did not get to manning on defense
Share 49ersWebzone