LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Chiefs are a damn good team, but if they played the Niners right now, they would get absolutely dismantled!

FTFY.

I bet they take the Chickens. Have you watched their last two games?

Yes I have. Have you seen the Chiefs last 9 games?
I'm officially buying the Chiefs as a legitimate SB contender. Indy and Cincy were actually my top 2 in the AFC, but the injuries to Wayne and Atkins force me to look elsewhere.

I just don't have a good feeling about Denver. I've seen this script before. Team puts up historic passing numbers, plays awful defense, gets beat in playoffs by a tougher, more balanced team. Rinse, wash, repeat.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM ]
The Chiefs have the best turnover ratio in the league by far at plus 15. The closest team to them is Dallas at plus 10. Kind of reminds me of the 2011 Niners although that Niners team actually had a better defense and offense statistically.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Kind of off topic..but since all the Alex stuff is here, I thought I'd share what I thought was a good interview.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/alex-smith-in-the-right-place/

I like this part of the article:

"On adversity Smith: I think it's helped me, honestly. It's easy to do the right thing when things are going well. Having been in so many stressful times, when you're losing, when the situation is rough, it's hot, it's uncomfortable, having gone through those—I had never gone through those before I got to the NFL. In high school, in college, it was the same situation. I had never been in adversity like that. Ever. I think I almost needed it. I learned so much about life and people and dealing with adversity. And losing and stress. It does funny things to people."

This is what admires me the most about Alex. I can't think of another late bloomer like Alex, where he went through so much adversity early on. Most would crumble and be out of the NFL in a few years, however he continued to work on his craft, and is now a good QB.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Love all these stats. They support the old saying "Their are liars, damned liars then there are statisticians".

All this to say KC is good or not. To me it bowls down to this:

If the Niners are in the Super Bowl, who would your rather face?

• NE
  • Cincin
  • Indy
  • KC

I would prefer KC and you?

cincinnati and new england would be easier games for niners than chiefs
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Love all these stats. They support the old saying "Their are liars, damned liars then there are statisticians".

• NE
  • Cincin
  • Indy
  • KC

KC for the storyline alone.
Originally posted by boast:

• NE
  • Cincin
  • Indy
  • KC

Yeah. None of those teams scare me. KC is the toughest of the bunch. That d.

• NE
  • Cincin
  • Indy
  • KC

KC would be a great storyline. Colts would be the scariest match up. Luck has beaten Seahawks, 49ers, AND Broncos!

He is the QB I do not want 49ers to face, ever.
I think it's pretty clear that D is legit and nobody wants to face them. It makes sense to play O the way they do. Poor Alex , for as long as I can remember his receivers have been top 5 in drops. If his boys start hanging on to his passes they will improve greatly.

• NE
  • Cincin
  • Indy
  • KC

KC would be a great storyline. Colts would be the scariest match up. Luck has beaten Seahawks, 49ers, AND Broncos!

If Wayne was healthy, I'd put hem above kc as the team not to face.

• NE
  • Cincin
  • Indy
  • KC

Cincin (6-3)
NE (7-2)
Indy (6-2)
KC (9-0)

KC has the best defense, best record and are under rated on offense. Cinci and NE are very beatable though Brady gives NE a chance every game. Indy will be very scary in a couple of years.

I'd take a gamble on KC in any game and believe their biggest hurdle is Denver...not on your list.

• NE
  • Cincin
  • Indy
  • KC

If Wayne was healthy, I'd put hem above kc as the team not to face.

You right...but even without Wayne, Luck is producing 4th quarter comebacks, dude is simply amazing.
You right...but even without Wayne, Luck is producing 4th quarter comebacks, dude is simply amazing.

Yeah. I won't downplay that guy. He is a great talent. But against our D in a clutch situation, you know who I side with.
9-0 with check down charlie
Might be best to keep the meltdowns and deflections out of this thread.
Share 49ersWebzone