LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Chiefs offensive line pass protect was very good the first half of the Cleveland game. Terrible the second half. Inconsistent. Kinda like us back when.

and how did Smith do when the OL protected him well in half # 1?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
That's not what I'm saying. I think they are overrated and will be exposed when they play a quality opponent. I think they are on the next tier of teams following the elite teams. I believe them to be in the same group as the Bengals, Lions, Panthers and Bears. That's quite an accomplishment following a 2 win season. No one is saying they suck balls (at least most people aren't that are calling them overrated). C'mon man. That being said, any of the aforementioned teams could get hot at the right time and win it all. Maybe the Chiefs do belong in the grouping of elite teams, I just don't see it. But we'll find out soon enough. I'll happily admit to being wrong.

Buh-huh! They are "frauds," to some.

I'm just playing. As usual, the extremists overshadow the reasonable folk. I agree that they are not "elite" (whatever that means), but don't think they'll be exposed. They may lose to an elite team, like the Broncos, but I'm not so sure that they couldn't take out Seattle or N.O. or N.E. At home, that is.

Even though they have one of the worst offenses in the league.

The best ST's move I made prior to this season is putting Succop on my fantasy squad. Too easy to predict. Succop is 6th in scoring out of kickers. LOL, dude gets 8.6 points per game.

The KC offense has only scored 23 TD's which is 15 points per game (6 pointers).

See? Ball-sucking FRAUDS! Not enough style points! Remove some wins! Release the Kraken! Death from above!

etc.
etc.
etc.

BTW, that 23 TDs is middle of the pack.
So far 9 teams couldn't figure out how to beat the Chiefs - the one with Alex Smith offense. You would think the whole league got Smith figured out just like the Zone by now.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Chiefs offensive line pass protect was very good the first half of the Cleveland game. Terrible the second half. Inconsistent. Kinda like us back when.

Mofo was all over the field. Running, scampering for chunks of yards, throwing to everyone. Even a TD to FB Sherman on a screen. McClusterdrops even had a long TD catch

Mofo was all over the field. Running, scampering for chunks of yards, throwing to everyone. Even a TD to FB Sherman on a screen. McClusterdrops even had a long TD catch

Hmmm.... maybe there's something to an OL making a big difference to a QB's play then...
This could be true as Norv's offense with us in 2006 pulled out Gore's best rushing year in his career but he didn't use complicated formations more than he did misdirection and the timing of those runs. It also could have to do with the fact that Gore is just a better consistent runner whereas Charles is more of a big gainer with a lot of little gains.

As for sacks, I wouldn't entirely fault the OL.

Alex in 8 games as a starter last year: 24 sacks.
Kap in 8 games as a starter last year: 14 sacks

Difference in 10 sacks is huge.

Would anyone argue that Smith's ability to avoid sacks and scramble/run is anywhere CLOSE to Kap's? I sure as hell wouldn't.
That's not what I'm saying. I think they are overrated and will be exposed when they play a quality opponent. I think they are on the next tier of teams following the elite teams. I believe them to be in the same group as the Bengals, Lions, Panthers and Bears. That's quite an accomplishment following a 2 win season. No one is saying they suck balls (at least most people aren't that are calling them overrated). C'mon man. That being said, any of the aforementioned teams could get hot at the right time and win it all. Maybe the Chiefs do belong in the grouping of elite teams, I just don't see it. But we'll find out soon enough. I'll happily admit to being wrong.

I'm just playing. As usual, the extremists overshadow the reasonable folk. I agree that they are not "elite" (whatever that means), but don't think they'll be exposed. They may lose to an elite team, like the Broncos, but I'm not so sure that they couldn't take out Seattle or N.O. or N.E. At home, that is.

The best ST's move I made prior to this season is putting Succop on my fantasy squad. Too easy to predict. Succop is 6th in scoring out of kickers. LOL, dude gets 8.6 points per game.

The KC offense has only scored 23 TD's which is 15 points per game (6 pointers).

I have the GB kicker Mason Crosby...guess what...more points that Succop (98 vs your 90)..and only 2 points more from Extra points than KC.

See? Ball-sucking FRAUDS! Not enough style points! Remove some wins! Release the Kraken! Death from above!

etc.
etc.
etc.

BTW, that 23 TDs is middle of the pack.

I'm not even sure if that's offense only produced points. Just checked, KC is ranked 29th in offensive TD's per game.

1.8 = 10.8 points per game from their offense scoring 6-pointers. http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game

Their defense is scoring 4.2 points per game.

So yes, no one is exaggerating when they say the KC offense is terrible. KC defense allows a league low 12 per game and they score 4.2 per game which means that nets to allowing 8 per game. KC offense is only scoring 10.8 points per game (special teams not included).

Hmmm.... maybe there's something to an OL making a big difference to a QB's play then...

That OL does so many wonders that KC only scored 3 points when it was playing well.
This could be true as Norv's offense with us in 2006 pulled out Gore's best rushing year in his career but he didn't use complicated formations more than he did misdirection and the timing of those runs. It also could have to do with the fact that Gore is just a better consistent runner whereas Charles is more of a big gainer with a lot of little gains.

As for sacks, I wouldn't entirely fault the OL.

Alex in 8 games as a starter last year: 24 sacks.
Kap in 8 games as a starter last year: 14 sacks

Difference in 10 sacks is huge.

Would anyone argue that Smith's ability to avoid sacks and scramble/run is anywhere CLOSE to Kap's? I sure as hell wouldn't.

No, but Alex Smith is considered a mobile QB. Stats already show that he is prone to take more sacks behind a top NFL OL.

Originally posted by Jakemall:

I have the GB kicker Mason Crosby...guess what...more points that Succop (98 vs your 90)..and only 2 points more from Extra points than KC.

dont be talkin s**t bout my bengals

When Dalton's flaming ginger hair is flaming that team is unstoppable

This, all of this.

These undefeated cinderella stories always get exposed, nearly every single year.
Why are some people in this thread so concerned about stats?? over in the Kaepernick thread and the thread about having the 32nd ranked offense, the motto is "who cares about stats? wins are the most important stat!"
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Why are some people in this thread so concerned about stats?? over in the Kaepernick thread and the thread about having the 32nd ranked offense, the motto is "who cares about stats? wins are the most important stat!"

That's not the motto over there. Check the stats or get back into that thread. Kap is ranked in the top 10 in passing, the real passing, not total yards.
Originally posted by HomerJ:

That's not the motto over there. Check the stats or get back into that thread. Kap is ranked in the top 10 in passing, the real passing, not total yards.

6 completions one game? 10 another game? sure it is...

and thanks for proving my point with the bolded
Share 49ersWebzone