There are 162 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex needs to work on his accuracy...that one needed to be stuck in his visor.

They're having some line issues and some drop issues...and honestly Alex hasn't been as good as he was last year.

On the other hand, it's a new playbook, new player chemistry and they have more time to get it straight. As it stands, the offense is about average statistically in the NFL. They don't need to get much better to have a chance...and they've demonstrated that.

Seriously dude....

Why are you in this thread again?

He's been trying to get banned but can't seem to hit the right note!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Their schedule will be quite difficult from here on and that will tell the tale. If they win most of their games they'll be in the playoffs, if they lose them all they won't. I wouldn't bet against their chances at this point. But will enjoy watching both the 9ers and the Chiefs. And for crying out loud...can someone beat the *9&(^! Seahawks when they have a huge lead?

They are going to really use these next 2 weeks to get some major issues worked out... mainly from the OL. Better work on the chemistry between QB and receivers also.

Great time for them to have a bye week.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I don't think they're a typical 9-0 team. Do you? I mean most 9-0 teams would be mentioned in the same breath as a Superbowl contender. I don't think the Chiefs are a Superbowl contender.

Take a look at the SOS of the Miami Dolphins in 72. It is amazing....

lol, yes you're right, I lost track. But that's largely because I found the link irrelevant. We played good teams in 2011. Remember when we beat the Saints in the playoffs, and lost to the Ravens on the road, or lost to the Giants in the NFCCG?

The season isn't over for them, but the one good team they played, they beat. They have beaten a lot of crappy teams and some average teams. Hard to make those comparisons at this point..but what I can say is the SOS in 2011 for the niners isn't much different than what the Chiefs are playing now. So I don't know how you think it is irrelevant.

I don't need to check out the '72 Dolphins SOS. They played and beat good teams in the playoffs. As did the '11 Niners. The Chiefs have yet to beat, let alone play a good team. Please point out the one team you are referring to because I only see average and below average teams (lol if referring to Cowboys). Bottom line is they squeaked out a win against a really bad team that outplayed them today. Color me unconvinced.

I guess the conversation is worthless, because we're not in the play-offs yet. All the teams you point out were play-off teams with one exception..and the niners lost that game as I recall.... doesn't mean much if you play good teams and lose.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Their schedule will be quite difficult from here on and that will tell the tale. If they win most of their games they'll be in the playoffs, if they lose them all they won't. I wouldn't bet against their chances at this point. But will enjoy watching both the 9ers and the Chiefs. And for crying out loud...can someone beat the *9&(^! Seahawks when they have a huge lead?

They are going to really use these next 2 weeks to get some major issues worked out... mainly from the OL. Better work on the chemistry between QB and receivers also.

Great time for them to have a bye week.

gonna need it against Denver in Denver.
I don't think they're a typical 9-0 team. Do you? I mean most 9-0 teams would be mentioned in the same breath as a Superbowl contender. I don't think the Chiefs are a Superbowl contender.

Yes, we will definitely know more about them as the season progresses. I think they're a shoe-in for the playoffs, but based off what I've seen, they are one and done. If they keep winning the games they should have no less than 4 losses, however, which is quite an accomplishment and a great foundation to improve upon for year two under Alex and Reid.

A shoe in for the playoffs but not a SB contender? I think that a team on track for a first round bye and hfa in that stadium has to be considered a contender.

I think they have flaws, but unlike every other team in the league, they have beaten every team that they have played. That's more than coincidence or luck.

Second half is going to say a lot. That schedule is about to get brutal.
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by strickac:
They still won't win their division, which should put them in the wildcard hunt. IF they make the playoffs, it should be a quick exit. I'm expecting a pick in the early 20s of the 2nd.

How do you "know" that they won't win their division? They have to lose all of their games to not make the playoffs. The AFC is weak this year. I don't think they make it past the championship game, but that is not to say they can't. I still say defense wins championships.

They can't keep pace with Denver. The Chiefs are barely winning. Their defense has already scored 6 TDs. That's crazy and not sustainable.

The 2nd half of the year is going to be a test for KC. They Denver and SD twice and Indy.

lol, yes you're right, I lost track. But that's largely because I found the link irrelevant. We played good teams in 2011. Remember when we beat the Saints in the playoffs, and lost to the Ravens on the road, or lost to the Giants in the NFCCG?

The season isn't over for them, but the one good team they played, they beat. They have beaten a lot of crappy teams and some average teams. Hard to make those comparisons at this point..but what I can say is the SOS in 2011 for the niners isn't much different than what the Chiefs are playing now. So I don't know how you think it is irrelevant.

I don't need to check out the '72 Dolphins SOS. They played and beat good teams in the playoffs. As did the '11 Niners. The Chiefs have yet to beat, let alone play a good team. Please point out the one team you are referring to because I only see average and below average teams (lol if referring to Cowboys). Bottom line is they squeaked out a win against a really bad team that outplayed them today. Color me unconvinced.

How are you going to sit there and make the argument that '72 Miami beat good teams in the playoffs and somehow use that to negate a 9-0 team, halfway through the season, before the playoffs happen?

I just remembered why I don't frequent this board too often anymore. Sense is not all that common.

The simple fact of the matter is "good teams" and "bad teams" make no difference. The only thing that matters is THAT SUNDAY. The Jets just beat the Saints. The Browns just beat the Ravens.Tampa took Seattle to OT.

You either win on Sunday or you don't. Strength of schedule doesn't matter, the record of the teams you play against don't matter, this stupid argument doesn't matter. The Chiefs are a contender. FACT.
[ Edited by mkmasn on Nov 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]
they can stop winning now
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by strickac:
They still won't win their division, which should put them in the wildcard hunt. IF they make the playoffs, it should be a quick exit. I'm expecting a pick in the early 20s of the 2nd.

How do you "know" that they won't win their division? They have to lose all of their games to not make the playoffs. The AFC is weak this year. I don't think they make it past the championship game, but that is not to say they can't. I still say defense wins championships.

i think theyll win the division. denver has a great offense, but KCs defense can stop them. KC can run and Alex will not turn the ball over and hes moving the chains. the KC chiefs this year are the 2011 49ers pretty much
I remember in 2011 thinking we were going to lose some games because we weren't lighting the field on fire and getting a lot of turnovers. As it turned out, we sustained a pretty good run, even getting the win against the Saints at home on Smiths arm and VDs hands. The Chiefs are every bit the same team. Smith throwing for 124 yards? Eerily similar. I do think Denver will beat them both games, but I could see them winning the others and their division on a better overall record as the weather gets colder.

Yes. They are a shoe-in because they already have 9 wins and some fairly soft competition still to play. I think they go 12-4 and earn a WC birth. This is just my opinion, and I will have no problem admitting to being wrong if they become a legit contender. At this point, I am unconvinced they can best elite competition. So while they have beaten every team they have played, again, I look forward to seeing how they fare when their opponent is better than the Dallas Cowboys.

I know great teams have bad games and KC was on the road, but they got outplayed by Buffalo today and didn't look very good. I eagerly await when they are facing off against Manning and not some noodle-armed UDFA rookie gifting pick sixes. We'll see how confident people are that they are contenders then.

I think we are splitting hairs in discussing this. If they make the playoffs, aren't they contenders? I say yes, you seem to say no. Fair enough.

Also, iirc, they have the toughest or second toughest SOS in the league over the second half, so I disagree that they have an easy schedule going forward.

If that offense starts to gel, they could be dangerous. If they continue to sputter, they will be one and done.
When are the chiefs going to play vs a starting QB?
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by mkmasn:

How are you going to sit there and make the argument that '72 Miami beat good teams in the playoffs and somehow use that to negate a 9-0 team, halfway through the season, before the playoffs happen?

I just remembered why I don't frequent this board too often anymore. Sense is not all that common.

The simple fact of the matter is "good teams" and "bad teams" make no difference. The only thing that matters is THAT SUNDAY. The Jets just beat the Saints. The Browns just beat the Ravens.Tampa took Seattle to OT.

You either win on Sunday or you don't. Strength of schedule doesn't matter, the record of the teams you play against don't matter, this stupid argument doesn't matter. The Chiefs are a contender. FACT.

Maybe if you didn't misrepresent my argument, it would make better sense. I'm not using the '72 Dolphins to compare against the Chiefs. Another poster brought up that comparison regarding strength of schedule. I argued that while the Dolphins may have had a similar SOS, we could look back and see that they beat all their playoff competition. Again, and I don't know why this is so difficult to understand, the quality of the opponent is a huge factor in why KC is 9-0. And I'll state my argument again; it is because of the quality of their opponent has been so weak that has allowed a good team in the Chiefs to go undefeated through the first 9 weeks. And I give them a huge chunk of credit for winning games they should win. That being said, until they face off against a good to elite team, we cannot simply say they are contenders. They have beat a bunch of crappy teams, and not very convincingly in some instances. It is my belief they are overrated and not an elite team and the coming weeks will prove that to be true.

And the quality of opponent certainly matters. Yes, this is the NFL, but let's not pretend that playing VS the Bills and playing VS the Broncos are similar. Again, I think KC is a good team and they are winning the games they should, which is not an easy accomplishment. Let's see what happens when they face off against a powerhouse.

Nobody is misrepresenting your argument.

I argued that while the Dolphins may have had a similar SOS, we could look back and see that they beat all their playoff competition.

You are directly comparing the 2013 KC Chiefs to the '72 Dolphins, "similar SOS," but they beat all their playoff competition. Then you say that the 9-0 Chiefs aren't a superbowl contender, even with the best record in the league.

Quality of opponent makes absolutely zero difference. Injuries, weather, game time, referees, coaching, etc ALL factor in more heavily than quality of opponent. As I already said, if the Steelers can beat the Jets and the Jets can beat the Saints, and the Vikings can beat the Steelers, The Chargers and the Dolphins can beat the Colts, the Colts can beat the Broncos, then please explain to me how SOS matters whatsoever.

Name all the teams you would consider "elite," then spout off their record.

The only elite team in the NFL right now is the KC Chiefs.

Game. Set. Match.
Originally posted by Joecool:

keenum and campbell were better than the qb s who were starting--forgot to point that out joe, didnt you
[ Edited by hofer36 on Nov 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

Exactly. They have 4 victories against backup quarterbacks.
Share 49ersWebzone