LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

This is really great for Alex and Andy Reid. This is a classic win-win trade, since we should get a decent player with this years pick too.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
i don't understand what i said was so wrong. Even though i hate alex and think he's average at best, i still wanted the chiefs to win 8 games. Susweel too. Now that they have reached that goal, I want them to lose every game for draft slotting.

The alex fans should want Alex to do well but Chiefs to lose. What's so wrong with that?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Amir:
i don't understand what i said was so wrong. Even though i hate alex and think he's average at best, i still wanted the chiefs to win 8 games. Susweel too. Now that they have reached that goal, I want them to lose every game for draft slotting.

The alex fans should want Alex to do well but Chiefs to lose. What's so wrong with that?

Amir, my brother from another mother.

For them it is counter-intuitive for Alex do well, but the Chiefs lose. They see them as one and the same. I think for a remote few, they want him to win it all to prove their long beleaguered point that they were right. Again, I only think a handful remain this loyal to him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

this is a great man and he ain't never told a lie in his life.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
The irony is there's about a 90% probability the Chiefs will get the #5 seed, so this debate almost doesn't matter. Yeah, technically they could flame out at 9-7 or go 14-2 and win the division, but far more likely is they'll finish in the 11-13 win range and be playing at Cincinnati in round 1.
Nobody expected the Chiefs to be 8-0. Nobody
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

Keyshawn Johnson picked them to be in the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by vaden:
The irony is there's about a 90% probability the Chiefs will get the #5 seed, so this debate almost doesn't matter. Yeah, technically they could flame out at 9-7 or go 14-2 and win the division, but far more likely is they'll finish in the 11-13 win range and be playing at Cincinnati in round 1.

5 seed? So who are the teams ahead of them?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
The difference is between a mid 2nd round pick and a late 2nd is inconsequential. That means, that it just doesn't matter THAT much. So, just because I chose to root for Alex to do well, does not take anything away from my being a 9ers fan. When the two teams play each other, I'll be rooting for the 9ers.

Don't sweat the small stuff. It just doesn't matter. And if it does to you..well...

I totally agree. A perfect example. Last year for the 14th pick in the second round, the bills took Alonso who has started every game, has 70 tackles, and is playing at ROY level. The ravens at 24 in the second took Arthur Brown who has 3 tackles. I'm sure not a single ravens fan wishes they had a shot at Alonso, clearly inconsequential.

Was it the placement of the pick..or was it the scouting and the gm...or was it maybe just maybe just a little luck. Cuz I am sure I can find just as many examples that work the other way around.
  • dj43
9 NOV 3 12:00PMCST * AT BILLS. (I see win for the Chiefs)
10 BYE
11 NOV 17 3:05PMCST * AT BRONCOS. (In Denver, I see their first loss)
12 NOV 24 12:00PMCST * CHARGERS. (Tough game but its at home, win Chiefs but close)
13 DEC 1 12:00PMCST * BRONCOS. (In KC, I can see the chiefs winning this one with solid D and efficient offense)
14 DEC 8 12:00PMCST * AT REDSKINS. (RG3 can't handle the blitz, win KC)
15 DEC 15 3:05PMCST * AT RAIDERS. (Duh, win Chiefs)
16 DEC 22 12:00PMCST * COLTS. (Loss here, colts are tough)
17 DEC 29 3:25PMCST * AT CHARGERS. (In San Diego, I'll go chargers for the split)

By my own look, I see a 13-3 record. Wow. That's amazing thinking of last years record. Totally backs up the draft pick.

Thoughts?

Defense always trumps offense. I agree with you on all your picks but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they run the table except for Indy. That Colt defense is much better than many realize. Colts win by a field goal. Other than that, as Indy proved, you put pressure on Peyton and he is just another QB. KC has the secondary and the pass rush to do what Indy did him. San Diego is a bit of a wild card but I just don't see Rivers having the time and open receivers to win more than one game, if that.
[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by hofer36:
anyone rooting for the chiefs after this point is a fake ass fan. we got our 2nd. now lets hope for the highest possible 2nd round pick.

8-8.

were the "fans" rooting against smith when he was the niners qb fake ass fans too?

this lol this.

I'm rooting for Alex. Niners have shown they are capable of drafting the right players. I'll trust them to do it again next year.

Go Alex!

Ha!

yeah right..
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
every game for the Chiefs has been a grinder and ST/Def have came up clutch towards the end of the game.

every game could have been a lost, the but the ball keeps bouncing their way. i think they will finish 12-4

uh, that 28 yard TD pass was not a bouncing ball.
The difference is between a mid 2nd round pick and a late 2nd is inconsequential. That means, that it just doesn't matter THAT much. So, just because I chose to root for Alex to do well, does not take anything away from my being a 9ers fan. When the two teams play each other, I'll be rooting for the 9ers.

Don't sweat the small stuff. It just doesn't matter. And if it does to you..well...

I totally agree. A perfect example. Last year for the 14th pick in the second round, the bills took Alonso who has started every game, has 70 tackles, and is playing at ROY level. The ravens at 24 in the second took Arthur Brown who has 3 tackles. I'm sure not a single ravens fan wishes they had a shot at Alonso, clearly inconsequential.

Was it the placement of the pick..or was it the scouting and the gm...or was it maybe just maybe just a little luck. Cuz I am sure I can find just as many examples that work the other way around.

No you can't. It's the reason worst picks first. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to get a better player picking earlier. There is a reason its called an anomaly.

Originally posted by vaden:

5 seed? So who are the teams ahead of them?

If you're not one of the 4 division winners, you'd be a 5.

8 out of 10 on the NFL rules quiz, my ass.

7/10 here, and even I knew that...

yeah right..

He did bro. Not that it matters, but he did.
Share 49ersWebzone