There are 256 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

If I was the GM in KC I would def throw my name in the hat for Nicks or Gordon. People are prob writing the Broncos off as the AFC Champs but I think the Chiefs defense could keep them under 30 points if Flowers is healthy. Put Nicks on the other side to keep some of the double team off of Bowe and the offense should be instantly better. I would also see if a RB like Mike Turner is willing to play for cheap to bring down Charles carry count.
Chiefs won't go undefeated, but they should still make the playoffs and have a really good shot at that time to fully gel into Reid's offense and make a possible run to the Super Bowl.

They badly need a TE. With Moeaki gone, and Fasano and Kelce continually hurt, that's really hampered them. McGrath is inconsistent as you'd expect from a rookie UDFA. Think of what KC could do next season with a true bruising RB to take some heat off Charles, a 2nd WR weapon, and a legit TE. Although, more importantly, they could use OL help.
KC is in the driver's seat for homefield in the playoffs.

That could mean really good things for the Chiefs.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Some, not all, of the guys saying they want the Chiefs to lose all but 8 games are the old anti-Smith group. They are posting to get a rise out of pro-Smith fans and boy have they succeeded!

But the mods should try and refrain from personal comments...or maybe take off your mod hat and invent a new character to post by. Many of you are very reasonable in other threads but things have gone off the rails in this one.

FWIW, I always supported Smith. Stop trying to lump people into divisive groups.

This. I support smith and have been accused of being a pro-smith mod. The whole point started from people saying guys were wrong for wanting the pick and not caring about the chiefs success. There is always two sides to every argument. Some people just can't see that.

The point that people forget is that not all humans remain attached to people, stories, etc. for some, when Alex left they detached their-self from the story. So the pick is more important. (Would you take a 57th or a 69th?) for some, they root for the chiefs to lose because of Alex, and use the pick as a crutch. (That's a sad life). For others, they generally don't see a problem with a later pick given the enjoyment of the chiefs and Alex's success. For some, they are so conflicted with the way the QB change was handled, they are taking it out on the niners and Kap. (Most won't admit that.)

I lie in the middle. I want Alex to have a great year, which I believe it is, regardless of what some think. I also want to preserve the best pick because I know we need it. (Paying big players, FAs, etc). If the pick was not attached and the niners didnt win the Super Bowl, I would absolutely cheer for Alex to win it. He was a class act.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Oct 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
KC 1st round pick for Frank Gore

The Niners will never trade the "mystical man."

Pretty sure that KC is happy with JC.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Chiefs won't go undefeated, but they should still make the playoffs and have a really good shot at that time to fully gel into Reid's offense and make a possible run to the Super Bowl.

They badly need a TE. With Moeaki gone, and Fasano and Kelce continually hurt, that's really hampered them. McGrath is inconsistent as you'd expect from a rookie UDFA. Think of what KC could do next season with a true bruising RB to take some heat off Charles, a 2nd WR weapon, and a legit TE. Although, more importantly, they could use OL help.

I think Fisher will get better next season...what they need is interior linemen....and badly. It's like they have a bunch of Chilos playing in the middle. I've seen sieves provide more resistance...after that a legit TE. Davis was brought in to be that bruiser...but I don't know if he's going to work out. You can always get better at WR, but honestly, I think what he has there is better in that regard than what he had here for the most part.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
FWIW, I always supported Smith. Stop trying to lump people into divisive groups.

Not lumping folks together unless the shoe fits. My point, if you did not get it, is that mods and posters should stop taking the bait when the few hard line trollers throw it out. Don't care which side it's on. There have been post after post the last few days putting people down and being smurky...if you didn't notice it good for you. My post was a reaction to those negative posts that were inclined to incite...not inform.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This. I support smith and have been accused of being a pro-smith mod. The whole point started from people saying guys were wrong for wanting the pick and not caring about the chiefs success. There is always two sides to every argument. Some people just can't see that.

The point that people forget is that not all humans remain attached to people, stories, etc. for some, when Alex left they detached their-self from the story. So the pick is more important. (Would you take a 57th or a 69th?) for some, they root for the chiefs to lose because of Alex, and use the pick as a crutch. (That's a sad life). For others, they generally don't see a problem with a later pick given the enjoyment of the chiefs and Alex's success. For some, they are so conflicted with the way the QB change was handled, they are taking it out on the niners and Kap. (Most won't admit that.)

I lie in the middle. I want Alex to have a great year, which I believe it is, regardless of what some think. I also want to preserve the best pick because I know we need it. (Paying big players, FAs, etc). If the pick was not attached and the niners didnt win the Super Bowl, I would absolutely cheer for Alex to win it. He was a class act.

I don't disagree with anything in your post, but it is totally unrelated to my post. It seems there has been a piling on regarding people "not being true 49er fans if..." Even some mods became engaged which seemed very counter productive. Too many folks are touchy...but when you start pointing out a posters age, or where they live to make points...just dumb...childish...unnecessary! And, I might say it has been weird and/or surreal.

I don't disagree with anything in your post, but it is totally unrelated to my post. It seems there has been a piling on regarding people "not being true 49er fans if..." Even some mods became engaged which seemed very counter productive. Too many folks are touchy...but when you start pointing out a posters age, or where they live to make points...just dumb...childish...unnecessary! And, I might say it has been weird and/or surreal.

Alex has always been a touchy subject on this board. Everything I stated was common knowledge, no special mod powers used to gain secrets. Also, if you read the whole story, you would be better equipped to do as you are doing now, passing judgement. The point of fandom is relevant to some, which is how the discussion started, which I was not involved in. I chimed in because people cannot understand the other side of the discussion, that by rooting for a lesser valued pick is rooting against your team. Slightly, but I can see that side. Anyways, I don't hold grudges, it's not my way. People who are married have less than desirable exchanges with their significant other and still love them. Its life. I don't have time to hate folks because they differ in opinion.
Also, for those that think the defense is the only reason the chiefs are 7-0;

The chiefs offense has averaged a leagues best 10:43 of offense in the 4th quarter. That is partly good defense, but also the offenses ability to sustain long drives resulting in first downs, time off the clock, and you guessed it...wins.

Alex has always been a touchy subject on this board. Everything I stated was common knowledge, no special mod powers used to gain secrets. Also, if you read the whole story, you would be better equipped to do as you are doing now, passing judgement. The point of fandom is relevant to some, which is how the discussion started, which I was not involved in. I chimed in because people cannot understand the other side of the discussion, that by rooting for a lesser valued pick is rooting against your team. Slightly, but I can see that side. Anyways, I don't hold grudges, it's not my way. People who are married have less than desirable exchanges with their significant other and still love them. Its life. I don't have time to hate folks because they differ in opinion.

No hard feelings and I respect you as a mod...always been very reasonable. When folks began defining who was a fan and who was not it seemed THEY were judging. My intent is not to judge but to try and get things back on an even keel.
No hard feelings and I respect you as a mod...always been very reasonable. When folks began defining who was a fan and who was not it seemed THEY were judging. My intent is not to judge but to try and get things back on an even keel.

Word dude!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Word dude!
Nah f**k this. As a former mod, I decry this peace and collegiality. I expect you to roll into the ring..

Hit the f**king stunner on Santa Claus and roll out that b***h!

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD FRO SAID SO! HIT MY DAMN MUSIC!

lol, fro is crazy.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Nah f**k this. As a former mod, I decry this peace and collegiality. I expect you to roll into the ring..

Hit the f**king stunner on Santa Claus and roll out that b***h!

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD FRO SAID SO! HIT MY DAMN MUSIC!

Wrestled a bit in HS...no thanks! Way too old to be twisted into a pretzel!
Share 49ersWebzone