Originally posted by valrod33:
7-0

Awesome. Getting a 2nd round pick fa sho

Watch them go 7-9
I eat crow....
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Muggins:

Steve Young did this once AND scored

But that one wasn't sideways...and he still had his line in front of him. But yeah, that was awesome.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I eat crow....

Say it!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Who's downplaying? Smiths stats speak for themselves. If you go by the stats, he is over rated by some in here.

Joe, just curious what do you think about all these NFL analysts on TV, most of which were NFL QBs or coaches, who say Alex is playing very well, orchestrating this offense, is in total charge, and his play leads to wins. Do you think they just know less about football than you?

He was playing solid and not losing games. He has always been a solid QB. But his play has declined as the season has progressed. It is a situation where the talent on the team has gotten the Chiefs through some games. Credit to him for NOT playing like Matt Cassell. That is a big difference than crediting him for playing like Drew Breese.

His play this year is actually worse than last year. If he keeps playing this, coaches will always be looking for a replacement.

I am happy he is helping the Chiefs get 8 wins.

Lol didnt answer the question, and ignored the fact that your opinion differs from ex-players and analysts.

The most credible one, Cossell doesn't think Alex is all that either. The talking heads that are on shows to get ratings...analysts? Maybe. They sure aren't saying he is an elite QB. His team is 7-0 so you can't technically rip the dude but let's stop ignoring the obvious and that is his play has declined and he's not playing as we'll as last year.

Lol.

Alex just PMd me and told me to ask you, "joke cool, tell me how my ass tastes"

Not sure what he meant.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I eat crow....

Say it!

Pictures or we won't believe it!
That QB draw Smith ran was a pretty awesome thing. He's quick.
Lol.

Not sure what he meant.

Stay classy, moderator.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Lol.

Not sure what he meant.

Stay classy, moderator.

Lol. Sorry we also have a sense of humor.

Yeah, I know. Real funny.... and classy!

Yeah, I know. Real funny.... and classy!

Lol. Internet is cereal bidness
Originally posted by captveg:
Impressive 97-yard drive, but LOL at Charles going to the wrong side so Smith had to run it in.

That was a fake... just like how the Niners run it, only Gore can make that quick cut from a yard behind the QB to take the counter. The niners have run it a couple times now, once where Gore took it, and another where it was a fake.

First time I saw it, the commentators were talking about how the Niners made something out of a mistake and what not, but if you watch it again, you start to see the choreography. Then, you see it a couple weeks later as a fake and you know it's a legit play.
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Was Smith's TD run a busted play?

no.
That QB draw Smith ran was a pretty awesome thing. He's quick.

We've run it, I think we passed out of it. We ran a counter off it too. That was a pretty awesome thing.
Lol. Internet is cereal bidness

You know, when I see you and some other moderators around here treating Alex Smith jokes with the same attitude, I'll be surprised. But, you guys seem to lose your generous senses of humor if anyone comes around here criticizing Smith even with humor. I'm not one of those guys. I don't come around here and criticize Smith. I'm just saying there's a double-standard to your sense of humor.
Share 49ersWebzone