There are 157 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Alice Smith 4 life!

Seriously though... any thoughts on Bowe coming to SF? Rumor has it he's not fitting in well in the Alex Smith/Andy Reid offense... We could really use a deep threat on the outside...

Not happening. Bowe was just signed long-term back in March. KC would have a ton of dead money against their cap if they traded him.

Bowe for Boldin would be a fairly even trade...though I doubt JH and TB are that crazy! Can't think of who the 9ers would give up for a trade...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM ]
I don't see the Niners doing anything rash for anyone but a speedster who can stretch the field. That's what they need. And, they don't have a lot of available money so these guys like Bowe or Nicks who are on contract are really out of the question.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm not telling you or anyone anything. I'm giving my opinion. All I'm saying is that a Niner fan wants what's best for the Niners. A Chiefs fan wants what's best for the Chiefs. A Seahawk fan wants what's best for the Seahawks. Am I wrong about that?

My only point is that if you'd rather see the Chiefs go 16-0 than 8-8, then by virtue of that, you'd rather the Chiefs win than the Niners get a better pick. Do you see anything wrong with that logic? If you do, I'd like to see the reasoning.

And, if you are a fan of more than one team, then the question is which team are you MORE of a fan for? If you're MORE of a Chiefs fan than a Niners fan, that's fine in my opinion. This is, after all, a Chiefs thread, so it's not surprising to find Chiefs fans here. But MY OPINION IS that if you'd rather see the Chiefs win a lot of games than the NIners get the best possible draft pick, don't at the same time pretend the NIners are more important to you than the Chiefs. I'd call that hypocrisy. And again, that's just my opinion.

I see something wrong with this logic, or at least with the connected logic you've applied which is that preferring more chief wins to a slight increase in 49er draft pick
value means one is more a fan of the Chiefs than the 49ers.

As a parallel, if you could choose between finding $5 yourself, or having a person who is in a bad financial situation find $1000, which do you choose? By your logic, someone who chooses the latter is more concerned with some stranger than with themselves, and so any real person would take the $5.

There are degrees at play between a team winning games, energizing a fanbase, critical validation and career success for a player who should be much admired in these parts...and a team getting to pick a few spots higher in a draft. They are not equal outcomes.

If someone wants to cheer for the Chiefs in a head-to-head with SF, with the same outcome on the line (e.g. a super bowl, or both teams needing to win to make the playoffs), then you can legitimately claim they are more Chief Fan than Niner Fan. In this situation, you cannot.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm not telling you or anyone anything. I'm giving my opinion. All I'm saying is that a Niner fan wants what's best for the Niners. A Chiefs fan wants what's best for the Chiefs. A Seahawk fan wants what's best for the Seahawks. Am I wrong about that?

My only point is that if you'd rather see the Chiefs go 16-0 than 8-8, then by virtue of that, you'd rather the Chiefs win than the Niners get a better pick. Do you see anything wrong with that logic? If you do, I'd like to see the reasoning.

And, if you are a fan of more than one team, then the question is which team are you MORE of a fan for? If you're MORE of a Chiefs fan than a Niners fan, that's fine in my opinion. This is, after all, a Chiefs thread, so it's not surprising to find Chiefs fans here. But MY OPINION IS that if you'd rather see the Chiefs win a lot of games than the NIners get the best possible draft pick, don't at the same time pretend the NIners are more important to you than the Chiefs. I'd call that hypocrisy. And again, that's just my opinion.

I see something wrong with this logic, or at least with the connected logic you've applied which is that preferring more chief wins to a slight increase in 49er draft pick
value means one is more a fan of the Chiefs than the 49ers.

As a parallel, if you could choose between finding $5 yourself, or having a person who is in a bad financial situation find $1000, which do you choose? By your logic, someone who chooses the latter is more concerned with some stranger than with themselves, and so any real person would take the $5.

There are degrees at play between a team winning games, energizing a fanbase, critical validation and career success for a player who should be much admired in these parts...and a team getting to pick a few spots higher in a draft. They are not equal outcomes.

If someone wants to cheer for the Chiefs in a head-to-head with SF, with the same outcome on the line (e.g. a super bowl, or both teams needing to win to make the playoffs), then you can legitimately claim they are more Chief Fan than Niner Fan. In this situation, you cannot.

He actually changed his stance a little on this issue in post #3741.
http://pulseofthechiefs.blogspot.com/2013/10/chiefs-vs-texans-3-keys-to-victory.html?spref=tw

If the Chiefs are going to have any success against the Texans offense, they're going to have to be careful not to over pursue. On running plays, the Chiefs defense must maintain backside pursuit. The key to slowing down Foster in the run game is taking away the cutback lane. The key for the Chiefs' defense is to be gap disciplined. As shown in both videos, both Foster and Tate have the vision to cut runs back for big yardage. The Texans much like the Chiefs run a WCO. So by design, the offense is built to attack the field horizontally. What the Chiefs' defense must do in this game is force the Texans to beat them throwing the ball down field. One of the reasons for the Texans alarming turnover rate is due to defenses sitting on the underneath routes. The Rams layed out an excellent blueprint on how to slow down J.J. Watt. They spent most of the game doubling him on pass plays and running from him on run plays. More than likely the Texans are going to try to line him up over on Fisher's side of the field. So it's going to be imperative for the Chiefs' coaching staff to give Fisher help by leaving a guard, back, or tight end on his side of the field.
The Rams laid 38 pts on the Texans That won't happen again, but it's still worrisome for the Texans. This is a 'back against the wall game ' for the Texans. I think this is going to be a good game. Chiefs need to better pass protect than last week.
They are winning too many games too fast. Our pick will be a very late 2nd. I was hoping for a mid 2nd which would be much more valuable. But I guess at least it's a 2nd.... You should start losing some games now though Chiefs.
I think there's a pretty good chance the Chiefs end up as the first team (since they went to 4 divisions) to win 13 games and still be a wild card.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
I think there's a pretty good chance the Chiefs end up as the first team (since they went to 4 divisions) to win 13 games and still be a wild card.

It's either them or Denver, but yes.
If you guys think losing 8 slots in the draft is gonna make or break the 49ers future, then you are guys are insane. Tell me who in the low 50s pick this year is killing it versus a high 50s/low 60s pick???

Many of you were doubtful KC would even be legitimately in the hunt for 8 wins, and now you're being freaking greedy wanting the Chiefs to go 2-8 from here on out.

Hate to break it to you, but the Chiefs have that 2011 49er recipe of success and Smith is one of the top QBs in the league to win regular season games with that formula. Thanks to a last place schedule that Smith probably has only seen since 2006, he has not had to battle the very top teams in the AFC. Next year, probably more so.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
If you guys think losing 8 slots in the draft is gonna make or break the 49ers future, then you are guys are insane. Tell me who in the low 50s pick this year is killing it versus a high 50s/low 60s pick???

Many of you were doubtful KC would even be legitimately in the hunt for 8 wins, and now you're being freaking greedy wanting the Chiefs to go 2-8 from here on out.

Hate to break it to you, but the Chiefs have that 2011 49er recipe of success and Smith is one of the top QBs in the league to win regular season games with that formula. Thanks to a last place schedule that Smith probably has only seen since 2006, he has not had to battle the very top teams in the AFC. Next year, probably more so.

Good point on the schedule...and the hysteria! LOL! One of my favorite things about the NFL is that teams can jump so radically based on a coaching change or a couple of players. The Chiefs looked defeated last year before the opening kickoff. This year they look like vets who are taking things in stride. I love the fact that they aren't going nuts about winning early in the season, but would expect that from Reid and Smith.

This ^

It does make a difference if we are taking about trading down. Even one pick makes a difference. Let's just give our 2nd round for another that's two spots higher for free.

I don't give a crap about the Chiefs. I want them to win ONlY 8 so that it maximizes anything the Niners can get. Let us care more about other teams and trade good talent for weaker compensation or give away a couple of spots in the draft. Hell no.

What I don't understand are folks who want to root for another team knowing that it will weaken our draft status.
Originally posted by Joecool:
It does make a difference if we are taking about trading down. Even one pick makes a difference. Let's just give our 2nd round for another that's two spots higher for free.

I don't give a crap about the Chiefs. I want them to win ONlY 8 so that it maximizes anything the Niners can get. Let us care more about other teams and trade good talent for weaker compensation or give away a couple of spots in the draft. Hell no.

What I don't understand are folks who want to root for another team knowing that it will weaken our draft status.

Oh noez! The 49ers would have to pick like 12 picks later!!! Whatever would they do if they really like someone, but don't want to use one of their dozen high picks to move up and get him?

C'mon, fellas... it is truly nobody else's business which or however many teams a fan likes. You do not get to dictate such things to others. WE are all 49ers fans.. and it is disgusting that some of you want to pull the "superior fan card" in times like this. I feel like others here, that KC is an intriguing story reminiscent of what SF did in 2011. I like this story, and would not begrudge KC's success just so that SF can move up a dozen spots with an extra 2nd rd pick. I have been through enough drafts to appreciate the flexibility in teams getting who they want.. one way or another.. and it's usually not a prospect I wanted them to get anyway.

Stick a cork in this... we all know what's really going on... and some are not hoping KC's success stops due to a dozen draft pick difference. They hope KC falls on their face because they hate... have always hated KC's quarterback.. and the more success he has? The angrier and more self-conscious they get.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Oh noez! The 49ers would have to pick like 12 picks later!!! Whatever would they do if they really like someone, but don't want to use one of their dozen high picks to move up and get him?

C'mon, fellas... it is truly nobody else's business which or however many teams a fan likes. You do not get to dictate such things to others. WE are all 49ers fans.. and it is disgusting that some of you want to pull the "superior fan card" in times like this. I feel like others here, that KC is an intriguing story reminiscent of what SF did in 2011. I like this story, and would not begrudge KC's success just so that SF can move up a dozen spots with an extra 2nd rd pick. I have been through enough drafts to appreciate the flexibility in teams getting who they want.. one way or another.. and it's usually not a prospect I wanted them to get anyway.

Stick a cork in this... we all know what's really going on... and some are not hoping KC's success stops due to a dozen draft pick difference. They hope KC falls on their face because they hate... have always hated KC's quarterback.. and the more success he has? The angrier and more self-conscious they get.

You are pulling the "superior fan" thing right now. You are such a good fan that I don't mind our team picking 12 spots later. The rest of us who want the best player available for our team, should get over ourself and root for a worse draft pick. What sense does that make? I root for Alex because I respect the player, but there is nothing wrong with fans wanting the best draft pick they can. Have you seen our WR situation? Our pass rush situation?

Seriously...
Share 49ersWebzone