LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

I haven't been in here in a while but felt I needed to eat some crow because of my 7-9 prediction! SO wrong.

Congrats to the Chiefs fans!

Still don't miss Alex though.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Um, you better check the bold once again.

As for Smith "having it in him" one or two games in a career doesn't mean a player is capable of doing something on call.

I can totally understand why Chiefs fans are not buying into their QB or their offense. They know their schedule is easy right now and these wins are nice but they are struggling and still haven't been tested yet. That is not good. That will get them a worse draft pick and be sort of a "phony" team.

If the Niners offense was barely doing anything vs weak teams, I would also worry but they had a brutal schedule and they are worse off at the WR position...so there's time.

Keep whining Alex is 6-0.
Chiefs just got lucky they played a crappier QB and nearly all of its OL injured. Chiefs passing game has been struggling for the past two games. For a player who revels on efficiency, he has only had 2 games with a percentage higher than 60%. Not good for a player who only averages 6.16yds.

In the last 4 games, he has 3 TD's and 3 INTS with 3 of those games being 0 TDs. So, I guess Alex is doing just fine?

Smith has had some poor games every season in the league.

Sometimes with divisional opponents, it is what it is.

It will be very, very interesting to see the game plan vs. Denver.

As I've said before, I think Smith's most impressive season was 2011. He showed an ability to open it up and attack deep within his game manager style. Have not seen a whole lot of that the last two seasons, and don't know why.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:

As for Smith "having it in him" one or two games in a career doesn't mean a player is capable of doing something on call.

I can totally understand why Chiefs fans are not buying into their QB or their offense. They know their schedule is easy right now and these wins are nice but they are struggling and still haven't been tested yet. That is not good. That will get them a worse draft pick and be sort of a "phony" team.

If the Niners offense was barely doing anything vs weak teams, I would also worry but they had a brutal schedule and they are worse off at the WR position...so there's time.

Keep whining Alex is 6-0.

KC is 6-0. Who's whining? Why don't you stick to the topic?

I'm agreeing with you more than I'm disagreeing.

I looked at Cassel's 2010 stats and they were impressive....27 TD, 7 INTs. Yardage about the same as Smith (3100), but near 4:1 TD/INT ratio which is better than what he's done.

So somehow he became a relentless INT machine.

Someone I know joked that Alex Smith is the Anti-Eli....making Jason Campbell seem like a gunslinger. Protecting the football is great but with the amount of punts subjected to by a Smith led offense in SF/KC, where is the risk of making more downfield throws or tighter throws in traffic a bit more often?

Or can they at least scheme to get Bowe/Avery open on a bomb? They have the speed to get "college open" deep I'm sure....

It's so frustrating to watch. The guy can be a top 10-12ish QB in this league with a bit less risk aversion, and it's a shame he won't even try.
Two more wins from KC and we get our second second round pick. So keep winnng for 2 more games.
If KC goes above 8 wins it weakens the 2nd rounder. They only have to go 4-6 the remaining schedule for 10 wins. That's a cinch IMO so the draft pick will be middle of the round most likely.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If KC goes above 8 wins it weakens the 2nd rounder. They only have to go 4-6 the remaining schedule for 10 wins. That's a cinch IMO so the draft pick will be middle of the round most likely.

Late 2nd is more likely.
1 of 2 undefeated teams remaining in the league. That's impressive no matter how you want to critique it.

Keep it up Chiefs!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HomerJ:
1 of 2 undefeated teams remaining in the league. That's impressive no matter how you want to critique it.

Keep it up Chiefs!

NO! DON'T KEEP IT UP!!! We just need them to win 8 games. The more they win after the 8th, the worse our draft pick in the 2nd will be. 8-8 would be the ideal record.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Keep it up Chiefs!

NO! DON'T KEEP IT UP!!! We just need them to win 8 games. The more they win after the 8th, the worse our draft pick in the 2nd will be. 8-8 would be the ideal record.

Should have said keep it up for 2 more games, lol.

It's good to see Smith succeed though after all he's been thru
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Keep it up Chiefs!

Not ashamed to say that I hope that they go all the way to the Superbowl and lose to us if we're there. Don't much care about the difference of 15 picks between the mid round 2nd (which is about as much as anyone could realistically hope for) and pick 63.
Go Smitty, Go Go Go! Smitty be good!
I don't really care if they win more than 8 games.

But if they only have two wins left, I hope they use both of them to beat the sh*t out of Peyton Manning.
They should be able to beat Houston and Cleveland at home and Buffalo on the road. That takes them to their bye week at 9-0. I'd bet against them for the 2 Denver games and against the Colts, but barring serious injuries, they could easily go 13-3.

The smart way to play Denver is to keep the ball away from them That fits with Alex's style, but they will still lose.
Share 49ersWebzone