There are 149 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by SofaKing:
They're about to pull a '09 Broncos and go 2-8 from here. Just watch.

Care to wager on that?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
10 sacks. 10 sacks??!! Who does that?

pryor sacked himself like 4 or 5 times
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
They're about to pull a '09 Broncos and go 2-8 from here. Just watch.

Care to wager on that?

Nope
Smith looked awful. He had open receivers but was off on many of his throws. If the Chiefs has lost I am sure he would be taking a pounding. Pryor was just as bad or worse. It was a hard game to watch.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Smith looked awful. He had open receivers but was off on many of his throws. If the Chiefs has lost I am sure he would be taking a pounding. Pryor was just as bad or worse. It was a hard game to watch.

Aside from several throws (a couple that won't show up on the stat sheet as interference calls), yeah, Alex wasn't very good.

To say that he was as bad or worse than Pryor is pretty silly though. Pryor killed his team with 3 INTs, delay of games penalties, and plenty of lunatic scrambling for sacks.

Alex was far from good... but he answered the 7-0 deficit... he drove the team well early in the 3rd but Avery fumbled the ball away as they were about to score again. Things on the offense were a mess all over.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Aside from several throws (a couple that won't show up on the stat sheet as interference calls), yeah, Alex wasn't very good.

To say that he was as bad or worse than Pryor is pretty silly though. Pryor killed his team with 3 INTs, delay of games penalties, and plenty of lunatic scrambling for sacks.

Alex was far from good... but he answered the 7-0 deficit... he drove the team well early in the 3rd but Avery fumbled the ball away as they were about to score again. Things on the offense were a mess all over.

Agree completely! He did enough to win against a semi-bad team. Needs to up the anti against better teams. Some drops and Avery's fumble hurt the team and his stats but a win is a win!

Offensive line was like a sieve..hard to really be mad at Alex on that one..but no question it was an off day for him regardless of the reasons.

they had the one play set up for avery where he got open deep on a stop and go and alex smith overthrew him...like kaepernick i wish hed put more air under the longer throws
  • Jiks
Originally posted by hofer36:

they had the one play set up for avery where he got open deep on a stop and go and alex smith overthrew him...like kaepernick i wish hed put more air under the longer throws

I wish he would attempt more than 0-1 per game. I think the risk is well worth it, but he just never tries them because he takes the for sure yards. Sometimes I think it would be the same thing as gaining 3 yards, and taking a shot for 20+.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Oct 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by hofer36:

I wish he would attempt more than 0-1 per game. I think the risk is well worth it, but he just never tries them because he takes the for sure yards. Sometimes I think it would be the same thing as gaining 3 yards, and taking a shot for 20+.

It will also back defenses up. Attempting more deeper passes will also better calibrate the accuracy and WR/QB chemistry.

Alex was god awful in that game. If they had lost, it would be all on him. He has to make those deep throws down the sidelines. Even if it's underthrown, at least make sure it gets to the receiver. Overthrowing them by 3 yards is a huge issue.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we need them to start losing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this

soft schedule is helping them big time.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this

soft schedule is helping them big time.

Even with that, Chiefs could have a collapse. I want them to hurry up and win 8 because I have a bad feeling Reid is getting figured out. Teams are focusing on the underneath routes and forcing deep throws.

Chiefs passing game has gotten worse with each game.

With HOU, CLE, BUF, DEN, WAS in the next 5 weeks, and the way their passing game is struggling, they may be lucky to get 1 or 2 wins out of that.
Originally posted by Method:
Alex was god awful in that game. If they had lost, it would be all on him. He has to make those deep throws down the sidelines. Even if it's underthrown, at least make sure it gets to the receiver. Overthrowing them by 3 yards is a huge issue.

I love Alex, but this ultra risk averse attitude is going to be a problem down the road.

At worst I think he has to be at least average in his deep ball accuracy (I think he's better than average). There are highlight clips of Cassel, Flynn, Fitzpatrick, even Rex Grossman airing it out their fair amount deep with some success.

I recall seeing an article on the deep ball and how there are certain situations where getting picked off isn't such a big deal (3rd down and long around midfield) except to the stat sheet. When combined with the percentages of deep sheet attempts to conversions it is often very beneficial to do so. And this was with Rex f'n Grossman as the subject too!

So in other words, unless you completely totally suck at it, you are hurting your team by not attempting it.

When I see the Saints on offense, the amount of room their receivers have in the short to intermediate range is frightening because of the threat of going deep.

I apologize for not catching all of Smith's games in 2009 and 2010 but was he really an INT machine like people make him out to be? Yes, he's thrown more picks than now but was it really that he was worse than average or was he really not connecting downfield at all? I highly doubt that's the case.

I'll probably watch more of his games from those two seasons on rewind.
Share 49ersWebzone