LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 435 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by 49Fever:
The chiefs have somewhat of a tough schedule after mid season so they could certainly lose some and hopefully miss the playoffs so we have a middle 2nd round pick
Their offense looks anemic sometimes they win cos of their defense they are stud

Isn't his wife a former Raiderette? That would make him 4-0! http://www.hiyoooo.com/
  • dj43
JC is not a power back by any means. He is very quick and shifty and plays out of the backfield very well.

The Chiefs could use a big strong back to spell Charles and make those tough runs on 3rd and short.

As to 3rd down conversion rates; the Chiefs must be near the top of the league in dropped passes. That not only hurts on all 3rd downs but makes the yardage longer as well. However, it is notable that when KC has needed to make a long drive with the game on the line, they have done it.
Originally posted by dj43:
JC is not a power back by any means. He is very quick and shifty and plays out of the backfield very well.

The Chiefs could use a big strong back to spell Charles and make those tough runs on 3rd and short.

As to 3rd down conversion rates; the Chiefs must be near the top of the league in dropped passes. That not only hurts on all 3rd downs but makes the yardage longer as well. However, it is notable that when KC has needed to make a long drive with the game on the line, they have done it.

I think that's why they drafted Knile Davis (5-10 227); he's definitely a big back.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think that's why they drafted Knile Davis (5-10 227); he's definitely a big back.

True... though I think Reid is having trouble trusting in Davis to hang onto the ball. Again, the constant shotgun/pistol looks on 3rd and short have been unhelpful. Makes no sense to keep a lead FB like Sherman off the field for an extra WR like McCluster or Hall outside.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
The chiefs have somewhat of a tough schedule after mid season so they could certainly lose some and hopefully miss the playoffs so we have a middle 2nd round pick
Their offense looks anemic sometimes they win cos of their defense they are stud

Sounds like another team I know.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Dude, maybe we are the same person. I was just thinking the same thing. I know from watching their games they have a ton of 3rd and 1's, I'm willing to bet that Jamaal is accountable for most of those failed 3rd down conversions. Can you do this for the 9ers as well?

Depends on how much time I have.. maybe. I don't really care about the SF issues at play. We all know what the problem is with that offense... and it isn't the run game.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Rushing&rank=071&year=

Alex Smith ranks 20th in the AFC (3/9) for rushing. JC doesn't rank for rushing. H'es 1 for 4 on 3rd and short (less than 3).
Passing:
In the NFL Alex ranks 18th for 3rd and long 6/21
In the NFL Alex ranks 20th for 3rd and medium 12/27
In the NFL Alex ranks 16th for 3rd and short 3/6

Basic Math:
25 1sts 75 Attempts 33.3% Total 3rd down conversions (ESPN.com)
63 attempts from Alex = 12 attempts by Jamaal Charles
24 Successes by Alex smith = 1 success by Jamaal Charles.

So Jamaal Charles has failed to run for a 1st down with the exception of a single 3rd and short situation.

It is obvious that the only thing Alex is doing to help KC win is not turning the ball over. Any uber safe QB can with with the talent on this team. Any careless team on my shoulders QB can lose with this team.

It is Alex's way of play that has made this team better. I agree to that. This does not make him a top QB. This is also why he won't win in the playoffs...

...unless his team around him plays lights out.

If you ever quote me on that last sentence, do not leave out the second portion of it. "Real" Chiefs fans will eventually realize they need an upgrade at QB. The bandwaggoner's will blame 52 of the 53 players that are suited every week.

You mean like the Saints game when our defense gave up less than 2 touchdowns to Brees and gang? Dude there is so many holes in this I'm not going to bother.
It is obvious that the only thing Alex is doing to help KC win is not turning the ball over. Any uber safe QB can with with the talent on this team. Any careless team on my shoulders QB can lose with this team.

It is Alex's way of play that has made this team better. I agree to that. This does not make him a top QB. This is also why he won't win in the playoffs...

If you ever quote me on that last sentence, do not leave out the second portion of it. "Real" Chiefs fans will eventually realize they need an upgrade at QB. The bandwaggoner's will blame 52 of the 53 players that are suited every week.

"Real Chiefs fans"? So you have to divide that fan base as well?
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by dj43:

Yes, and he has been a disappointment so far. He does not read or set up blocks very well. He also has put the ball on the ground too much. He certainly has talent but so far has not shown the level expected of him.
Even Gore has a tough time converting 3rd and 1 too. That's why they had to try Jacobs and then Dixon on short yardage. Charles is a good back, but at 3rd&1, you just want some one to plow through for the first down.
Originally posted by English:

This seems to be a perverse need for some. Alas..?

We can now bank on that second round pick.
Originally posted by English:

He's just bitter that Smith continues to prove him wrong time and time again.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
He's just bitter that Smith continues to prove him wrong time and time again.

I think there's enough bitterness to go around on both sides of this useless argument. Let's not pretend that some people who call themselves Chiefs fans here on a Niner board aren't harboring some degree of bitterness. I'm old enough to remember that this has all happened before. The only difference between this time and the last time is that there wasn't a Web Zone for new Chiefs fans to enjoy talking about how well the former Niner QB was doing with his new team. But, every day around the water cooler, I used to hear bitter speeches about what a huge mistake the Niner franchise had made. This all just has such an element of deja vu for me.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I think there's enough bitterness to go around on both sides of this useless argument. Let's not pretend that some people who call themselves Chiefs fans here on a Niner board aren't harboring some degree of bitterness. I'm old enough to remember that this has all happened before. The only difference between this time and the last time is that there wasn't a Web Zone for new Chiefs fans to enjoy talking about how well the former Niner QB was doing with his new team. But, every day around the water cooler, I used to hear bitter speeches about what a huge mistake the Niner franchise had made. This all just has such an element of deja vu for me.

Maybe for a rare one or two... Me? I am now liking the way things have gone. Didn't like at first.. but it's been pretty cool the way things played out.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Most Smith/KC fans are Smith/KC fans after being 9ers fans...in other words, we are niner fans first and foremost, but have appreciated all Smith went through with the sub-par coaching, etc.

Those who continuously try to make this "two sides of equally irrational" posters are doing a disservice to all. Try to address the individuals not the groups and you will be happier and less offensive to the whole.

I really like Alex Smith...his character and his toughness...and his game. That doesn't mean he is the second coming of Montana, nor does it make him the worst QB in history when folks don't care for his style.

If you think people are bitter point out the offenses at the time. I am not bitter but am guilty of thinking it would be great to have two really good QBs on the niners in case one is injured or goes into a slump. That isn't very likely in this day of salary cap so I'm OK with the way it turned out.
Share 49ersWebzone