LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Raiders week, Game Manager, blisters, AJ Jenkins, Poe used like the Fridge, and more blisters...

Linkage

i wonder who mrs. alex smith will be rooting for this week: chiefs or raiders?
  • dj43
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by hofer36:
if i can read between the lines, i think what you're saying is that posting something that rekindles the kaepernick-smith debate is akin to starting a land war in asia--am I correct?

... yeah, let's go with that.

The Tony Gonzalez trade rumors die down before they really even got started. The Atlanta Falcons TE and former KC Chiefs TE told Jay Glazer of FOX Sports that he does NOT want to be traded.
Here's the message from Glazer:
I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL

"Fine, Tony... be that way, who needs ya?!? Sean McGrath is awesome ANYWAY!"

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/8/4817382/tony-gonzalez-trade-rumors-chiefs-falcons

McGrath is a good story. Reid has him running good routes and the play calling fits him in well.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Afrikan:
imo, the 2013 Chiefs really remind me of the 2011 49ers.... defense and special teams. Offense...well they have a home run threat at RB at any given time..but no where near close at TE...at receiver they have a better bunch imo.

I think they'll beat the Texans...unless Schaub, tries to play like Alex. Texans can stop the run. If Andy is not creative, then Alex is going to need to hit his 3rd down passes against the Texans.

and I personally think they can beat the Broncos as well, NOT SAYING THEY WILL..lol..... some forget but the Chiefs a couple of years ago, stopped the undefeated high powered Packers...and that was with God knows who at QB..Cassell or another Backup.

I just think they can beat most teams, like the 2011 49ers were able to, as long as the opposing team plays undisciplined. 49ers lost to the Ravens that year Thanksgiving night because they played focused. They didn't take sacks, were patient with the run, took care of the ball, and converted key 3rd downs in the second half.

However Alex has shown this year that, although he might be careful with the ball...when the game gets close again...he will attack here and there. Like that 3rd and long vs the Eagles was it? and he threw it beyond the 1st down marker. As well as some mentioned in the Titans game...backed up against their own endzone...old Alex, just make room for the punter.....Chiefs Alex though took a shot deep and connected.

so yeah there is no guarantee that even if you do play smart on offense, that you can beat the Chiefs...but imo, that is your best chance.

Chiefs have better down field threats now than the 2011 49ers. Donnie Avery has been money.
  • dj43
Originally posted by drakan:
Moeaki 2.0. Never expected him to return this year from injury.

pitiful shame... especially with Fasano nursing his knee all season, and Bowe being lackadaisical now that he has his fat, long-term contract.

Bowe is getting doubled a lot, which is allowing Avery to put up some nice numbers.

Who would have thought that a TE that looks more like Duck Dynasty than a football player would be a key player in the Chiefs offense. Fasano isn't being missed much in that offense. Kudos to Reid and Smith for putting Sean McGrath in position to relieve pressure and move the chains. That is a good example of a coach taking advantage of an athlete's unique talent and matching them to a QB who looks for someone in that area.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Momentum and confidence play a big role for a locker room in breaking that next level barrier. chiefs have it now. The only reason I don't want them to win too many games is 12-14: the spots in the draft they may move back. :)

you sure that's the only reason?

Yes. If they started the season out playing Denver, NE, GB, the momentum and confidence would not be there by week 5. They would still be unsure of themselves sitting at possibly 2-3.
Would still be a strong team, but unsure of where they believe they stand on the totem pole.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by drakan:
Moeaki 2.0. Never expected him to return this year from injury.

pitiful shame... especially with Fasano nursing his knee all season, and Bowe being lackadaisical now that he has his fat, long-term contract.

Bowe is getting doubled a lot, which is allowing Avery to put up some nice numbers.

Who would have thought that a TE that looks more like Duck Dynasty than a football player would be a key player in the Chiefs offense. Fasano isn't being missed much in that offense. Kudos to Reid and Smith for putting Sean McGrath in position to relieve pressure and move the chains. That is a good example of a coach taking advantage of an athlete's unique talent and matching them to a QB who looks for someone in that area.

what makes it all the more better is that mcgrath was a seahawk cut---he is the seahawks equivalent to marcus cooper
Toss out the lowly Jags...Dallas Philly Giants and Titans are all respectable teams who were no rollovers and all played their asses off vs Chiefs...

Dallas - Romo and Bryant can beat anybody and just almost beat Denver put up a ton of points played hard vs Chiefs Alex and Chiefs D were better
Philly - Always a tough place to play Vick struggled but McCoy was on fire Philly played hard Alex and Chiefs D were better
Giants - Played their asses off loss to Chiefs meant out of the playoffs Alex and Chiefs D were better.
Titans - Tenn D and offense battled and played hard all the way Alex was up to the challenge Alex and Chiefs D were better

Chiefs may of had an easier start to their schedule than the niners but not buying the easy schedule excuse I seen all the games every team battled hard vs Chiefs.

Alex has been good top 10 in drops have hurt his stats but it's about the wins anyway kids.

Chiefs D plays hard because they know Alex gives them a chance to win every game and Alex's ball control offense keeps them fresher.
Chiefs have better down field threats now than the 2011 49ers. Donnie Avery has been money.

Just speculation from my observations, but in all seriousness, I think Kyle W is just a young Avery. I think he can do the same things Avery can.. KW is just far more unproven.

Agree with most here, but I do think KC is missing out on what Fasano provides. He's a good blocker with reliable hands.. and KC might just be utilizing more I-form (2 back/2 TE/ 1 WR) sets to run play-action out of. Sherman opening up rush lanes for JC... Alex, being the best PA passer in the league last season. At the least, they could run these on all of their 3rd and less than 5 to go downs. Instead, they are going with the shotgun and pistol looks (singleback) and getting their arse handed to them.

Ooooh.... the possibilities.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Toss out the lowly Jags...Dallas Philly Giants and Titans are all respectable teams who were no rollovers and all played their asses off vs Chiefs...

Dallas - Romo and Bryant can beat anybody and just almost beat Denver put up a ton of points played hard vs Chiefs Alex and Chiefs D were better
Philly - Always a tough place to play Vick struggled but McCoy was on fire Philly played hard Alex and Chiefs D were better
Giants - Played their asses off loss to Chiefs meant out of the playoffs Alex and Chiefs D were better.
Titans - Tenn D and offense battled and played hard all the way Alex was up to the challenge Alex and Chiefs D were better

Chiefs may of had an easier start to their schedule than the niners but not buying the easy schedule excuse I seen all the games every team battled hard vs Chiefs.

Alex has been good top 10 in drops have hurt his stats but it's about the wins anyway kids.

Chiefs D plays hard because they know Alex gives them a chance to win every game and Alex's ball control offense keeps them fresher.

I didn't say they are not as good as their record. I said the easier schedule has allowed them to gain major confidence and momentum, which are nice attributes for future success. They have that swag and feel they belong now.

If they played playoff teams and were now 2-3 or so, there would still be some uncertainty in the locker room even though the team was still strong.
  • dj43

Just speculation from my observations, but in all seriousness, I think Kyle W is just a young Avery. I think he can do the same things Avery can.. KW is just far more unproven.

Agree with most here, but I do think KC is missing out on what Fasano provides. He's a good blocker with reliable hands.. and KC might just be utilizing more I-form (2 back/2 TE/ 1 WR) sets to run play-action out of. Sherman opening up rush lanes for JC... Alex, being the best PA passer in the league last season. At the least, they could run these on all of their 3rd and less than 5 to go downs. Instead, they are going with the shotgun and pistol looks (singleback) and getting their arse handed to them.

Ooooh.... the possibilities.

Fasano is a good blocker. His experience also would help. In the meantime, I love the fact McGrath is proving to be a player. He's tough and he catches the ball.

Fasano is a good blocker. His experience also would help. In the meantime, I love the fact McGrath is proving to be a player. He's tough and he catches the ball.

Oh definitely. McGrath has been a huge surprise and help to the KC offense. I really liked Kelce as a prospect, but he has been a remarkable disappointment. It's a true blessing for them that McGrath has stepped up.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I didn't say they are not as good as their record. I said the easier schedule has allowed them to gain major confidence and momentum, which are nice attributes for future success. They have that swag and feel they belong now.

If they played playoff teams and were now 2-3 or so, there would still be some uncertainty in the locker room even though the team was still strong.

But isn't KC (2-14) considered an "easy" part of any other team's schedule going into this season? I'm pretty sure the Jags thought they had an advantage being at home, plus if they win that game they could've had that "swag". The Cowboys with all that talent probably thought they had a good chance of winning too. Chip Kelly and the Eagles were at home just like the Jags and were the talk of the NFL with their high powered offense, they had to feel confident about their chances that night. Giants probably saw this game as their chance to turn their season around and feel good by coming out with a victory. Finally the Titans more than likely felt they could pull one out at home as well.

There is no such thing as an easy schedule for a team that's considered to be easy for the team they are playing. If that makes sense.
[ Edited by KoolBeans on Oct 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM ]

In the first 5 games of the 2013 NFL season...................

49ers combined opponents record 14-10 2012 Playoff Teams that 49ers have faced-4

Chiefs combined opponents record 7-18 2012 Playoff Teams that Chiefs have faced-0

Once more, call me when the Chiefs actually deal with some high-quality teams such as Denver or Indy. Their defense is talented but they certainly aren't as good as some make them sound, they've had a ridiculously easy early schedule and have pounced. Good on them, let's see how they do when the competition gets tougher.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
As an Alex fan who's seen all their games, I agree the Chiefs are very overrated, but being 5-0 is a major boost to them going forward in terms of team chemistry and buying in to the new coach and QB. Decent teams that believe they're great and have great chemistry can become great.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In the first 5 games of the 2013 NFL season...................

49ers combined opponents record 14-10 2012 Playoff Teams that 49ers have faced-4

Chiefs combined opponents record 7-18 2012 Playoff Teams that Chiefs have faced-0

Once more, call me when the Chiefs actually deal with some high-quality teams such as Denver or Indy. Their defense is talented but they certainly aren't as good as some make them sound, they've had a ridiculously easy early schedule and have pounced. Good on them, let's see how they do when the competition gets tougher.

Niners have beaten 1 top 16 team...KC has beaten 2. Niners might have faced some tougher teams...but they've lost to all of those. What are the records of those teams today is more important that what the record of those teams were last year.
Share 49ersWebzone