LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Been saying this for a while. Followed the guy on Twitter and he just seemed like a guy who is just happy to collect an NFL check. He graduated from Illinois with a decent degree, seems like he's using the NFL to give him a decent start on life. But if he actually used his talent, he could be a decent 2-3 receiver. He had huge hands and runs a decent route.
That's a decent comment
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Been saying this for a while. Followed the guy on Twitter and he just seemed like a guy who is just happy to collect an NFL check. He graduated from Illinois with a decent degree, seems like he's using the NFL to give him a decent start on life. But if he actually used his talent, he could be a decent 2-3 receiver. He had huge hands and runs a decent route.
That's a decent comment

LMAO.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's pretty awesome to see Smith doing so well. But, it's pretty painful to see Marcus Cooper doing so well. How did the team let that guy go - the Niners really could use a corner like him and I really thought he was going to stick during the preseason. But, SF is still up at fourth in pass defense yardage allowed. Not bad.

cooper is such a unique size for a corner--not too many who are 6-2 and move like he does

I and quite a few other people around here were surprised when they didn't put him on the 53 man roster. And, like you say, Chad Hall is performing and getting open for Smith. And then there's Jenkins. If it wasn't for Jenkins, you'd have to wonder why so many players that the Niners dismissed are doing so well with the Chiefs. I'm hoping Baldwin starts producing a little more so there is at least something to be happy about with Niner roster moves this season.
wrong thread...
[ Edited by NinersEverywhere on Oct 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
It's pretty awesome to see Smith doing so well. But, it's pretty painful to see Marcus Cooper doing so well. How did the team let that guy go - the Niners really could use a corner like him and I really thought he was going to stick during the preseason. But, SF is still up at fourth in pass defense yardage allowed. Not bad.

cooper is such a unique size for a corner--not too many who are 6-2 and move like he does

I and quite a few other people around here were surprised when they didn't put him on the 53 man roster. And, like you say, Chad Hall is performing and getting open for Smith. And then there's Jenkins. If it wasn't for Jenkins, you'd have to wonder why so many players that the Niners dismissed are doing so well with the Chiefs. I'm hoping Baldwin starts producing a little more so there is at least something to be happy about with Niner roster moves this season.

andy reid knew chad hall well from their days in philly..as for cooper, 1 of the perks of being the worst team in the league is that you get first pick on waiver claims
The bomb to Bowe was borderline on the white line if Chiefs are at home maybe they get the call and a 60 yard td on that one.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
The bomb to Bowe was borderline on the white line if Chiefs are at home maybe they get the call and a 60 yard td on that one.

yeah, the refs were pretty crappy and most;y favoring the home team. That play should not have been blown dead. Hurts the QB stats, but hey whatever.. didn't take away from the win.
5 Down, 3 to Go
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
5 Down, 3 to Go

Keep it going Alex!!
It is a few games away so some business to take care of, but their game with the Broncos in Nov could be a good one. This team looks legit. The Smith trade is looking like a winner for KC, even if they lose another high draft choice this year.

At this rate, the Chiefs look poised to make a run at 10+ wins. I admit, with the way CK has been playing, and the way Alex is playing, I actually miss him being here.

Wish I didn't have to feel like that because I love CK as a player, and I think like all of us, I just wish he was playing in a way where we didn't even have the beginnings of the slightest thought of missing Alex.
Not touching that one, OTC.

I hope the offensive penalties can get minimized.. hope with a return of Fasano and Kelce someday Reid can lessen this stupid overuse of the shotgun formation. The defense is definitely legit. KC could be scary good with better OL blocks for run and pass. Someone also needs to wake up Bowe, who has looked rather lackadaisical after getting his bloated contract. Either way, SF will get their 2nd rounder, and Alex is finding success there... so that makes for a happy McG.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Not touching that one, OTC.

I hope the offensive penalties can get minimized.. hope with a return of Fasano and Kelce someday Reid can lessen this stupid overuse of the shotgun formation. The defense is definitely legit. KC could be scary good with better OL blocks for run and pass. Someone also needs to wake up Bowe, who has looked rather lackadaisical after getting his bloated contract. Either way, SF will get their 2nd rounder, and Alex is finding success there... so that makes for a happy McG.

It's a classic win-win situation for anyone who is a Niner fan and, at the same time, wishes the best for Alex Smith. And really, I'm not sweating the draft position anymore. The more I think about it, there really isn't that much difference between a 2nd round pick in the middle of the teens and one in the high twenties. Plus, the Niners have a boatload of picks again this next draft and they could use that extra second rounder to move up in the first if they have to.
It's a classic win-win situation for anyone who is a Niner fan and, at the same time, wishes the best for Alex Smith. And really, I'm not sweating the draft position anymore. The more I think about it, there really isn't that much difference between a 2nd round pick in the middle of the teens and one in the high twenties. Plus, the Niners have a boatload of picks again this next draft and they could use that extra second rounder to move up in the first if they have to.

yes, exactly! I have been all over the draft for a long time now, and don't make such a big deal between such a 2nd round gap in selections. The Chiefs are like the 2011 49ers to me, and I am loving the story that's playing out there. Not going to hope they go 3-8 from here on just so SF can get a "better" 2nd rd pick, but if others wish to? Hey, so be it... I can understand that too.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

yes, exactly! I have been all over the draft for a long time now, and don't make such a big deal between such a 2nd round gap in selections. The Chiefs are like the 2011 49ers to me, and I am loving the story that's playing out there. Not going to hope they go 3-8 from here on just so SF can get a "better" 2nd rd pick, but if others wish to? Hey, so be it... I can understand that too.

Yep, however it plays out, the niners will be well off with the extra 2nd round pick.
Glad to see Smith having success, too.
Share 49ersWebzone