LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

pisses me off that Reid won't get Sherman out in front to open holes for JC and utilize play-action.... it's just dumb.
wonder if we will see a D Bowe sighting today ?
  • Jiks
Alex Smith is going off for 400 today.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Alex Smith is going off for 400 today.

14 completions so far, with 7 different receivers with at least one catch.
playing bad so far in the 4th
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Jesus

Has Andy Reid gotten 300% fatter or is it just my TV
Clutch TD drive
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
In no way was that a knock on Frank Gore, I was merely pointing out and challenging your comment about dinking and dunking. It's the staple of the WCO and you keep trying to use it to discredit how KC is using it.

See, that's what I'm talking about. Why do you think I'm trying to discredit KC? Walsh is my favorite coach of all time. He was a godsend. I followed the team through their horrible years in the 70's and then got to see what he did. All I originally wanted to point out is that Montana was capable of longer passes and would let them go at least three or four times a game. Go back and watch some of them and see for yourself. Come on. And right now, my opinion is that Andy Reid is one of the best head coaches in the league and Smith is flourishing in his system. What I think is that winning is winning. I think it's hard to win games in the NFL and any way you can do it is valid. Do you think I don't know that the Niners won most of their championships with an offense that featured short to medium-range passes?
Wow Alex Smith 5 - 0. All he does is win....
Is it ok to assume we have the Chiefs 2nd rounder now - I can't see the Chiefs going 2-9 from here!! Thanks Alex, appreciate your efforts

I've seen every Chiefs game this season Alex had another solid game vs a good Titans D to get the win! AS has come right in stepped right up and turned a 2-14 dog into a 5-0 unbeaten playoff contender that is capable of challenging for the AFCCG. A lot of keyboard experts have egg on their faces right now.
Can't wait to watch Alex against the Broncos. I bet that's a playoff preview.
During the time period Alex was being shopped a very small group of 49ers fans around the net very astutely pointed out that Alex was an experienced elite NFL game manager QB just entering his prime years who had already QB'd an NFL team to within 2 muffed punts of a Super Bowl and who had a recent starting QB record that was somewhere around 20-5-1. They argued that Alex's trade value was worth a couple of 1st round picks 15-20th overall one in 2013 and one in 2014 I agreed then and I most certainly agree now. GO ALEX GO!!

Oh...and it was shown during the game TV broadcast today since 2011 Alex has the #1 winning record amongst all starting NFL QB's I think it is now approx 25-5-1.
[ Edited by 49ersMVP on Oct 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]
It's pretty awesome to see Smith doing so well. But, it's pretty painful to see Marcus Cooper doing so well. How did the team let that guy go - the Niners really could use a corner like him and I really thought he was going to stick during the preseason. But, SF is still up at fourth in pass defense yardage allowed. Not bad.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
I've seen every Chiefs game this season Alex had another solid game vs a good Titans D to get the win! AS has come right in stepped right up and turned a 2-14 dog into a 5-0 unbeaten playoff contender that is capable of challenging for the AFCCG. A lot of keyboard experts have egg on their faces right now.

He looked good, okay, and terrible at times in this one... but did enough. He did get screwed by the refs out of 2 TD passes on ONE drive.

I also felt like the playcalls and formations were pretty poor and contributed to the KC offensive failures. Far too much Shotgun... not enough play-action.. and neglecting of the FB and run game.
Share 49ersWebzone