LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
What if we hired Reid instead of Harbaugh? Would he have had better success with our team considering how quickly he turned KC around? It seems like Harbaugh has a tough time against veteran coaches and Reid with his familiarity with them would have made the difference. The teams are so similar but it looks like Reid's offense is further along at this point than Harbaugh's after week 4.
Reid and Harbaugh have something in common in that they both inherited teams with a lot more talent than their previous record indicated. Harbaugh inherited a roster that should have won at least 10 games the year before he came...but it didn't. Reid inherited a roster that had a lot of talent but lacked a competent QB. The rest of the talent was there. So he got Alex from the 49ers and BINGO!

I think Reid could have done something similar in SF if he had come here instead of Harbaugh, but that is all grist for another mill.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
What if we hired Reid instead of Harbaugh? Would he have had better success with our team considering how quickly he turned KC around? It seems like Harbaugh has a tough time against veteran coaches and Reid with his familiarity with them would have made the difference. The teams are so similar but it looks like Reid's offense is further along at this point than Harbaugh's after week 4.
Reid and Harbaugh have something in common in that they both inherited teams with a lot more talent than their previous record indicated. Harbaugh inherited a roster that should have won at least 10 games the year before he came...but it didn't. Reid inherited a roster that had a lot of talent but lacked a competent QB. The rest of the talent was there. So he got Alex from the 49ers and BINGO!

I think Reid could have done something similar in SF if he had come here instead of Harbaugh, but that is all grist for another mill.

somebody posted the other day the point that had singletary started smith in that 2010 game vs st Louis where a win means a playoff for the niners, it was fortunate for niners that they didn't,,,otherwise they don't draft as low as they did and don't get chance to take aldon smith
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Where's the -- 'We want Carr!' chapter....

You're right...that should be between 5 and 6.
Chiefs vs. Titans 2013:
What Tennessee does and how KC can stop it

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/2/4794078/chiefs-vs-titans-2013-tennessee-offense-defense

With Locker out, in comes Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick is well known by Chiefs fansbut he is also well known by Bob Sutton. Fitzpatrick was 2-5 against the Jets while Sutton was on staff. Fitzpatrick is a smart player. He can read a defense well. He can make a majority of the throws within 20 yards. He will under throw the deep ball. Fitzpatrick likes to pat the ball before his throw. If the DB is paying attention to his eyes and sees the pat. They could get a little jump on the route. Fitzpatrick struggles with strength and accuracy when he can't step into his throw. If you get Fitzpatrick off his spot and don't allow him to step up, you eliminate their passing game.

... and really, lots more for anyone interested in more details about this battle.

4 and 0... how cool!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Chiefs vs. Titans 2013:
What Tennessee does and how KC can stop it

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/2/4794078/chiefs-vs-titans-2013-tennessee-offense-defense

With Locker out, in comes Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick is well known by Chiefs fansbut he is also well known by Bob Sutton. Fitzpatrick was 2-5 against the Jets while Sutton was on staff. Fitzpatrick is a smart player. He can read a defense well. He can make a majority of the throws within 20 yards. He will under throw the deep ball. Fitzpatrick likes to pat the ball before his throw. If the DB is paying attention to his eyes and sees the pat. They could get a little jump on the route. Fitzpatrick struggles with strength and accuracy when he can't step into his throw. If you get Fitzpatrick off his spot and don't allow him to step up, you eliminate their passing game.

... and really, lots more for anyone interested in more details about this battle.

4 and 0... how cool!

with Locker out and Fitz being rusty..Favorable 5-0
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
with Locker out and Fitz being rusty..Favorable 5-0

That's the plan... but hey, "any given Sunday."
Chiefs injury updates

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/2/4795374/jamaal-charles-injury-blisters-chiefs-practice-titans#comments
The Chiefs continue to deal with a lot of injuries. At 4-0, they're dealing with them very well. Playing a game without Jamaal Charles, however, is not a way to go about making that 5-0. According to ESPN's Adam Teicher, Charles was one of (at least) five Chiefs starters who did not practice on Wednesday. Along with Charles, Brandon Flowers,Dustin Colquitt, Eric Fisher and Kendrick Lewis did not practice. Charles is the big one. He had "extensive" blisters on his feet, according to Chief Reid after Sunday's game against the Giants. Reid seemed to indicate that this wasn't something that was going to keep him from playing. For Flowers, it's the knee inflammation Reid has mentioned before. I'm hoping / guessing Flowers will be available to play considering he seemed close last week. Even if he doesn't play, the Chiefs have shown they have a capable back-up in Marcus Cooper. For Fisher, it's a concussion. Reid said he was really hit in the shoulder area. That seemed to suggest it's not severe.
Alex don't need no Jamaal Charles to go 5 - 0.......
Smithers is f**kin s**t up. i hope he wins his division, im so tired of manning, hes become the new bret favre
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex don't need no Jamaal Charles to go 5 - 0.......

Have you bothered to look at their running game? Just put Avery in as RB and have him run the screen routes.

11 or 12 is looking pretty good right now.
...but...but...Smith can't win! I thought everyone knew that!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'm impressed with the way the chiefs have played this year, but there is one caveat to their win record; they've beaten the jags, giants, cowboys, and eagles. Those teams have a combined 3 wins. I'll be more impressed when they beat a powerhouse team.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I'm impressed with the way the chiefs have played this year, but there is one caveat to their win record; they've beaten the jags, giants, cowboys, and eagles. Those teams have a combined 3 wins. I'll be more impressed when they beat a powerhouse team.

People were saying the same about us in 2011 up until we beat the unbeaten Lions. 4-0 is a very good sign that KC is a good team however you look at it.
Originally posted by Janitor:

no different than the Broncos who have beat the Ravens (2-2), Giants (0-4), Raiders (1-3), and Eagles (1-3).
Share 49ersWebzone