LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Alex is playing great for the Chiefs, wish him & his team well for 4 more wins. But at the end of the day he's not my QB and they and they are not my team.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I really want to know why he threw the ball on that slant INT. The Giants CB clearly had the inside position, yet Smith threw it anyway. Makes me wonder was he expecting something else. There was a lot of physical play from both the receiver and the CB.

The other INT I missed altogether

Ball was thrown before the CB and Bowe fought for position...my guess is that it was a timed route. Bowe was supposed to win the battle if he was 1 on 1. He was. He didn't.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Method:
Alex Smith is 24-5-1 in the last 2+ years? Holy s**t.

he.just.wins.

He is a good QB.
Alex is playing very good, but so is the whole team. Defense and special teams Also out scored the other team.
People can say what they want about Alex but he has fought back through A LOT. Most guys don't make it back from where he was at, dude was going down the David Carr, Joey Harrington road, but fought back. Had Singletary not had been so stubbron and played Troy Smith over Alex I think we would have made the playoffs that year, but then it's quite possible that Jim Harbaugh would no be our coach right now and prob in Miami or somewhere. I feel like through the playoff run and how he played before the concussion he made up for all the bad years. Now he is in KC and for one more year his good play benefits the 49ers. Is he a 400 yard, 3 touchdown a game QB... of course not. But he takes care of the ball, can get your 300 and a 3 tds if you need it and he can use his legs. With a great defense you can't ask for much more out of your QB. As long as Alex plays ball like this he will have a job in this league for a while.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
People can say what they want about Alex but he has fought back through A LOT. Most guys don't make it back from where he was at, dude was going down the David Carr, Joey Harrington road, but fought back. Had Singletary not had been so stubbron and played Troy Smith over Alex I think we would have made the playoffs that year, but then it's quite possible that Jim Harbaugh would no be our coach right now and prob in Miami or somewhere. I feel like through the playoff run and how he played before the concussion he made up for all the bad years. Now he is in KC and for one more year his good play benefits the 49ers. Is he a 400 yard, 3 touchdown a game QB... of course not. But he takes care of the ball, can get your 300 and a 3 tds if you need it and he can use his legs. With a great defense you can't ask for much more out of your QB. As long as Alex plays ball like this he will have a job in this league for a while.

Reid likes to pass a lot. Don't be surprised if Smith gets his 400-yard game this season.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

I think he was going the Mark Sanchez road with the Niners up until late 2010. He learned how to play qb like a good coach would. That's making methodical, deliberate plays on the field. Making high percentage of success decisions, not high reward low percentage ones. Some fans call this 'safe' or 'conservative', but it's not really. It's what good coaches have been preaching to their qb through the years. Even the highly athletic, talent qb are reigned in by the coach to play toward this method. Because in the end, the other guys on offense must get involved for the team to win.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
But I remember Singletary not thinking that Alex was "playing well" enough what with the QB carousel he instituted between Alex and Troy Smith nor did the fans with their "we want Carr" chants. Alex picked it up towards the end of the year but his career turned on its head for the better with the 2011 season. I don't think many will disagree with that. 2010 Alex Smith was not one you show the grandkids

I think that's when Smith finally stopped listening to the coaches silly advice and began to trust his own instincts. He had always been a very loyal, honorable guy when it came to working for the coaches...even after Nolan almost ruined his career. When Singletary was finally fired he could relax and just play. It looked like he was enjoying himself much more...as were VD and Gore. That's probably why they supported him so much.

Well this would be one game then because Singletary was fired after week 16. Statistically, I remember an improvement to about near what you would grade a QB out at about 20 ish of about 32 starting QBs but under Harbaugh he became at least a top 15 QB and by the numbers a top 10 QB easily.

Actually, Smith's number went up when Raye was fired and Mike Johnson took over. Those last 5 games his rating was 91, IIRC. Then Sing was fired and Harbaugh came in. JH certainly helped Smith but it was not all Harbaugh. Smith had already turned the corner in those last 5 games under Sing/Johnson.
Question; Could we have gotten more for Kaep or Alex in a trade? Say we started Alex again after Kaep's game against the Bears and Alex went on to win the super bowl. If your going to trade one based on who you think will get better trade value, who has better value? Kaep or Alex?
Alex is in a good place, glad that he is winning games. I don't think the Chiefs are going to win the SB this year, the Broncos are too good. It's early in the season, but Peyton is playing really well.

The 49ers are good with Kaep, and they have a chance to win every game this season. Bunch of reasons they are 2-2, but once again have a chance to learn from mistakes and improve. There is too much talent in this group to let it go to waste.

Alex's Pace: 352/584 60.3% 3828 yd 28 TD 8 INT
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Alex is in a good place, glad that he is winning games. I don't think the Chiefs are going to win the SB this year, the Broncos are too good. It's early in the season, but Peyton is playing really well.

The 49ers are good with Kaep, and they have a chance to win every game this season. Bunch of reasons they are 2-2, but once again have a chance to learn from mistakes and improve. There is too much talent in this group to let it go to waste.

The key for any team is getting into the playoffs where it's harder to predict. The Packers looked invincible during the 2011 season, but were one and out in the playoffs.
Reid has got a much better Passing game and attack plan than Roman and co. ever used with Alex under us. Got some pretty good WR's too, but i like the way they have collaborated. It looks like a good true WCO, more so than Andy Reid's final years with Philly.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex's Pace: 352/584 60.3% 3828 yd 28 TD 8 INT

Damn
Smith getting the ball to a 3rd string McGrath like the dude is his VD
Share 49ersWebzone