Originally posted by Forkenick:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/25/4767278/how-good-is-the-chiefs-offense

Interesting post / fan written article.

So what? Alex Smith offenses never rank in the top few for stats. But they do rank in the top few for lack of turnovers. And those lack of turnovers = wins.

Too many of these writers are all caught up in stats and "pretty" football. That's not Alex Smith football. It never was with us and it's not now. But winning obviously is Alex Smith football. Because he's still doing it even not with us on a much worse team.....

This newfound Alex Smith winning phenomenon just so happened to fully materialize under one Jim Harbaugh, the man to actually replace him with Kap. Most all of the credit should go to Alex and his teammates for what I would dare say is stellar despite the objections of some but I maintain that Jim did Alex a whole world of good. Alex deserves his applause however because he is winning by playing controlled, high percentage football

The guys trying to look pretty throwing 3 picks and having 2 fumbles a game need to be more controlled....

A lot of those turnovers came late in the last 2 games if I recall with Kap trying desperately to save an already forfeited contest. He was trying to force the action and it backfired resulting in points scored on our defense ruining an otherwise solid defensive effort in both contests. I don't think Kap is trying to look pretty at all. I think that he is trying to win games the best way he knows how given the game plan as flawed as it may have been

Against the Seahawks, Kaep threw his first INT in the 1st quarter when he failed to read the zone defense and threw it too far ahead of VD, the DB had a better angle to the ball than VD did. It would have been a TD if Kaep had been more accurate and put it right in VD's chest, but he led his too much.

Kaep's second turn over came in the 2nd quarter when he failed to hold onto the ball while getting sacked. This was a problem last year too if I remember correctly.

His second INT came on a poorly thrown ball where, instead of overthrowing VD this time, he underthrew him and Sherman looked more like the receiver than VD did. He still had over 14 minutes in the 4th quarter and we were down 22-3. Not good, but still possible to come back from.

His final INT vs the Seahawks came when the game was truly over (due to Kaepernick's turn overs early on in the game and his inability to move the offense), however, Kaepernick overthrew Williams by 5 yards over his head and the ball fell right into the SS's lap.

Against the Colts, Kaepernick's first turn over occurred in the 4th quarter. Once again, he failed to secure the ball while being sacked and lost it. This led to the Colts scoring their final TD.

His INT in this game came as a result of putting no touch on his pass or attempting to change the angle of his throw. He threw the ball right into the face of the defender and it popped up into the air.

Good recap ... Of the game in SEA vs record decibel level noise where we could not do anything offensively due to both the play of Kap and the defensive acumen of SEA. Two turnovers early though not acceptable are understandable in that environment but the last 2 turnovers were in my opinion garbage time. He has had 2 poor games but he threw caution to the wind for about 4 turnovers late in these last 2 games trying to put points on the board in a failed effort of a game
Noise had nothing to do with reading the defense. Unless the noise blinded him to everything in front of him?
[ Edited by Forkenick on Sep 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Forkenick:
Noise had nothing to do with reading the defense. Unless the noise blinded him to everything in front of him?
Record decibel levels will greatly impact snap count leverage offensively. This is why there were so many SEA defenders in the backfield uncharacteristically. It makes for a tough night offensively for all 11 men
Originally posted by Method:
So everyone here says the Cowboys are a beatable, East team. They just smashed the Rams by 25+. We should easily take the Rams, right?

Agreed
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Method:
So everyone here says the Cowboys are a beatable, East team. They just smashed the Rams by 25+. We should easily take the Rams, right?

Agreed

LOL
Keep it up Alex - don't give a s--t if you're a game manager or whatever lable is out there.

Just get to 8-8 and I'll be very happy.
This thread got slow fast. Have the Chiefs played anyone yet. I'll come back when they do. Hopefully, they will have 8 wins before they play anyone worth while.
Can't wait til they play Denver. That's going to be one interesting matchup.
Pretty interesting article about roster stability going into this year. Seattle is ranked 5th highest overall while Kansas City is ranked 5th lowest overall and lowest as an offense at 48%. I wish it showed where the 49ers ranked.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/73642/nfl-roster-stability-usually-equals-success

I didn't know where to post this and thought this would be the best place for it, since I can't start any threads.
But I remember Singletary not thinking that Alex was "playing well" enough what with the QB carousel he instituted between Alex and Troy Smith nor did the fans with their "we want Carr" chants. Alex picked it up towards the end of the year but his career turned on its head for the better with the 2011 season. I don't think many will disagree with that. 2010 Alex Smith was not one you show the grandkids

I think that's when Smith finally stopped listening to the coaches silly advice and began to trust his own instincts. He had always been a very loyal, honorable guy when it came to working for the coaches...even after Nolan almost ruined his career. When Singletary was finally fired he could relax and just play. It looked like he was enjoying himself much more...as were VD and Gore. That's probably why they supported him so much.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
This thread got slow fast. Have the Chiefs played anyone yet. I'll come back when they do. Hopefully, they will have 8 wins before they play anyone worth while.

I would say that Dallas qualifies as "anyone worth while" this year. I think even the biggest doubters have to admit that after a 3-0 start, there is a very high probability that the Chiefs will get to 8 wins and the Niners will get that 2nd round pick.

Beating the Giants at Arrowhead isn't out of the question.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I really think they can.

KC favored by 4
This is not the Giants year so far! So, yeah, the Chiefs have just as good a shot to win as anyone. Who would have picked 3-0 versus 0-3 in this direction?

I really think they can.

TBH I'd be STUNNED if a 3-0 team at home beat a 0-3 team
Share 49ersWebzone