There are 256 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by dj43:
It's all about the defense, baby. Defense!

Odd how everywhere Smith goes the defense improves! Go figure!

Because he never turns it over and puts the defense in a bad position. He for sure improves defenses.

With all the pro bowls and MVPs to prove it

Pro Bowls and MVP's is flashy lots of yards stuff. Alex wins by no turnovers. And he's still doing it. On a bad team btw. More than you can say for us. We are losing with a good team.

Because he never turns it over and puts the defense in a bad position. He for sure improves defenses.

Amazing how a good QB can elevate the players around him to the Pro Bowl! Go Alex!
I guess Smith wasn't bsing when he told the media that he was already beginning to play smart and efficient football even before Harbaugh got here.

Alex Smith: 3-0 on a team that is foreign to him and was 2-14 last year.

Harbaugh with Kaepernick: 1-2 with the team that was considered a Superbowl favorite by almost everybody.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes but right now it's looking like the Chiefs will have a better record than the 49ers when it is all said and done.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I doubt the Chiefs will finish with a better record. Their 3-0 start is very misleading. Dallas and Philly beat themselves more than KC beat them. KC's defense is very good, much better than I expected, but their OL has been horrendous for most of the last two games. Unless it drastically improves I'm sorry to say Alex will probably finish this season on IR.
Originally posted by vaden:
I doubt the Chiefs will finish with a better record. Their 3-0 start is very misleading. Dallas and Philly beat themselves more than KC beat them. KC's defense is very good, much better than I expected, but their OL has been horrendous for most of the last two games. Unless it drastically improves I'm sorry to say Alex will probably finish this season on IR.

Agree with much of this, but not the bolded.

Care to explain how Dallas beat themselves? Their only turnover (Romo fumble) didn't generate any KC points. How bout Philly? Was Vick not harassed and throwing INTs to KC defenders? Shall we just forget that they have a job to do and did it? Could we say that KC wanted it more in both games and made the clutch plays when they needed to put the game away? I don't see why there is need here to try and diminish the Chiefs' success by stating the bolded.

I do not care which team ends up with the better record.. they are not in direct competition with each other. I want them both to do very well and get as far as they can get.
This gentle mud slinging war going on grows more and more tedious each day.
SF vs KC in the Super Bowl! Would be a real hoot!

What's even more amusing is all the people that said KC was in for a long season because their defense wasn't close to as good as ours and they didn't have our OL or receivers (te and wrs) yet there he is...doing the exact same thing he did here...finding a way to win.
SF vs KC in the Super Bowl! Would be a real hoot!

I would LOVE to see that game...and what a story it would make. I doubt it'll happen...but wow.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

What's even more amusing is all the people that said KC was in for a long season because their defense wasn't close to as good as ours and they didn't have our OL or receivers (te and wrs) yet there he is...doing the exact same thing he did here...finding a way to win.

Yup.
As I watch this one again, I must say.. the scrub #3 TE that KC just picked up to help with the absences of Fasano and Kelce... Sean McGrath? He is really beginning to win me over as a potential impact weapon. (if Fasano or Kelce can't make it back soon or get their butts in gear)

• dj43
Originally posted by vaden:

It needs improvement but I would not call it horrendous. Brandon Albert and Jon Asomoah are Pro Bowlers. However, LG has been a problem due to injuries. Return to full health for Jeff Allen will help a lot. #1 overall pick Eric Fisher has struggled but has also shown all the tools to become a top level OT. Right now he is learning a new position. (he played OLT in college and now is at ORT) As he gains experience his play will pick up. Andy Reid has helped them out by calling a lot of quick pass plays that do not require pass protection to be held for more than 2.5 seconds. Alex is the perfect QB for that role as he reads defensive alignments well and has been making excellent adjustments to protection.

For all that they have struggled in some situations, they have also opened holes for Charles and given Smith reasonable, not great protection. The arrow is pointing up for that unit.
  • dj43

Only fantasy fans said the defense was not good. Those who actually watched the games saw the talent there. The reason the numbers looked bad was because the QBs kept giving the ball back to the opponents. In addition to 5 Pro Bowlers on that defense, they have now added Sean Smith to the secondary. Right now, I would rather have the KC defense than the 49er defense. Berry, Sean Smith, Brandon Flowers, Poe, Houston and Hali are playing better than their counterparts on the 49ers.
It needs improvement but I would not call it horrendous. Brandon Albert and Jon Asomoah are Pro Bowlers. However, LG has been a problem due to injuries. Return to full health for Jeff Allen will help a lot. #1 overall pick Eric Fisher has struggled but has also shown all the tools to become a top level OT. Right now he is learning a new position. (he played OLT in college and now is at ORT) As he gains experience his play will pick up. Andy Reid has helped them out by calling a lot of quick pass plays that do not require pass protection to be held for more than 2.5 seconds. Alex is the perfect QB for that role as he reads defensive alignments well and has been making excellent adjustments to protection.

For all that they have struggled in some situations, they have also opened holes for Charles and given Smith reasonable, not great protection. The arrow is pointing up for that unit.

I do struggle to agree with this. The OL has been far more horrendous than good. Very unimpressed with the OGs so far, and Fisher looks like a 6th rounder. Of course, it's early, and I won't condemn them. They must play better though, or the losses and potential QB injury will show itself.

The run blocks are hit and miss... sometimes clogged up entirely, and sometimes quite good.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I do struggle to agree with this. The OL has been far more horrendous than good. Very unimpressed with the OGs so far, and Fisher looks like a 6th rounder. Of course, it's early, and I won't condemn them. They must play better though, or the losses and potential QB injury will show itself.

The run blocks are hit and miss... sometimes clogged up entirely, and sometimes quite good.

eh, we are just questioning degrees. The OL definitely needs improvement. I read an article, I think on NFL, that called Fisher a 6th rounder. IMO, he looks a lot like Anthony Davis did his rookie year.

Whatever the level they are at now, they will have to improve when they get to Denver and Houston.

Only fantasy fans said the defense was not good. Those who actually watched the games saw the talent there. The reason the numbers looked bad was because the QBs kept giving the ball back to the opponents. In addition to 5 Pro Bowlers on that defense, they have now added Sean Smith to the secondary. Right now, I would rather have the KC defense than the 49er defense. Berry, Sean Smith, Brandon Flowers, Poe, Houston and Hali are playing better than their counterparts on the 49ers.

Not really true. Even the Chief fans didn't have very high expectations for their Defense. Above average at best was really where most people were estimating. The front 3 were unproven and thought to be adequate at best..and many thought much worse. The LBs were solid, but with no expectation they'd be anything near our LB core and the DBs were pretty good when you considered Berry and Flowers...but Sean Smith hasn't never demonstrated himself to be anything near what his performance has been...and I'd be shocked if 2 out of 10 NFL fans could name the Chief's other safety.
Share 49ersWebzone