LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I just enjoy seeing the Chiefs win because on top of wanting us to get a 2nd round pick, I like Alex Smith and I like Andy Reid, and I want to see both be successful.

This--all day! Easy to like team and when they ran the slant with three receivers blocking I almost fell out of my chair! Been waiting for the niners to do that...since the 90s!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
are you and Bowe friends? you know a lot about him

stay on topic, if you are remotely capable...

Bowe has grown up more and knows the importance of team success vs personal stats.

His smart enough to understand

link?
Watching the Chiefs reminds me an awful lot of the '11 Niners. I was more than ready to be rid of Alex and for no other reason than I am just not a fan of his style. He is good, just not a fan of his style. The Mrs loves Alex. Refers to him as "My boy Alex", and I root like hell for the Chiefs cause I want them to win 8 so we get their 2nd. It's fun for me and the Mrs. to root hard for Alex together again =)
Originally posted by WINiner:
Watching the Chiefs reminds me an awful lot of the '11 Niners. I was more than ready to be rid of Alex and for no other reason than I am just not a fan of his style. He is good, just not a fan of his style. The Mrs loves Alex. Refers to him as "My boy Alex", and I root like hell for the Chiefs cause I want them to win 8 so we get their 2nd. It's fun for me and the Mrs. to root hard for Alex together again =)

I think that is a huge reason for the divide of the board over the years. Some of us really like his style while others just can't get behind it. Not a crime to disagree!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Bowe has grown up more and knows the importance of team success vs personal stats.

His smart enough to understand

link?

In other words. He already got paid. 1st year in a 5 year 50 million dollar contract with a new regime means you're a team first guy.

We all know Alex has severe limits as a fantasy quarterback and has no business being a fantasy starter but there's nothing wrong with him dissecting a defense with intermediate and short passes.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
In other words. He already got paid. 1st year in a 5 year 50 million dollar contract with a new regime means you're a team first guy.

We all know Alex has severe limits as a fantasy quarterback and has no business being a fantasy starter but there's nothing wrong with him dissecting a defense with intermediate and short passes.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/articles/1258860-chiefs-star-bowe-has-refreshed-outlook-on-life

Seems to be developing a team first attitude.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing.

Absolutely. They must find some negative angles to pursue, I suppose. Bowe has grown up more and knows the importance of team success vs personal stats.

Aside from this? Bowe, at 28 yrs old, just received his last huge payday ... so he's not playing for a contract, that part is done.
5 years $57.8 million with 20 million in full guarantees and $38 million in the first three years. http://overthecap.com/dwayne-bowe-cashes-in/

Bowe will be happy to pursue the playoffs. His smart enough to understand that his presence alone helps the team regardless of targets, and that Alex rightly won't force throws just because he is Bowe.

This completely contradicts all yours and others statements that Smith needs better receivers. Now Bowe, a top receiver needs to deal with it but if Smith doesn't have big numbers, then it is because he doesn't have "big" receivers? My point has always been that it doesn't matter if Smith has the best receivers...it is just not his type of game.

Thank you! As I have always said. Smith is a very good QB, but don't blame his receivers for his limitations. He just doesn't like to throw to the deeper open player if he has a shorter route that is more open.

Thank you.

You will have to explain to me where the alleged contradiction is. I was merely explaining that Bowe has already made his last big contract and does seem genuinely thrilled about his team winning games again... so I don't expect a problem or see any worthwhile reason to make note of his lack of targets.

As for Alex needing better receivers? When that was said, I still hold the opinion to have been true.

Crabtree 2012 was not Crabtree 2009-2011. He was starting to get his self together in 2011, but before that was not a reliable target.

Joshua Morgan was not a reliable target or quality WR until he started his 2011 run... but then was lost for the year from injury in week 5.

Ted Ginn Jr. was not a reliable, quality receiver. For all his deep speed, he struggled to track the ball and keep his body control.

Braylon Edwards kept getting hurt, and showed other issues that has made him NFL worthless.

Kyle Williams was.. okay, but nothing to scare a defense. Brett Swain? Joe Hastings? Give me a break.

So, what are we really talking about here?

... and this part...

As I have always said. Smith is a very good QB,

Now you would try and have us believe that you have... always said this? Really?!?

it's too damn early in the a.m. for me to find and put on my hip boots, yo.

My point was that it is always said that Alex Smith can put up big numbers if he had better receivers but now since he does have that better receiver, you are saying that Bowe should just be happy with winning? I have always felt that Alex is a solid QB but at the same time, don't expect big numbers from his receivers.
My point was that it is always said that Alex Smith can put up big numbers if he had better receivers but now since he does have that better receiver, you are saying that Bowe should just be happy with winning? I have always felt that Alex is a solid QB but at the same time, don't expect big numbers from his receivers.

Not sure you have this right at all. Seems straw-man misinterpreted to me. The Alex/"big numbers" was never really of interest or of contention to most supporters. it was more about receivers knowing the playbook, running clean routes to garner separation, or simply catching what is thrown in their radius. I don't think anyone views Alex as a guy that will put up crazy 300+ yard games each week... and he has never been on a team that needed to or requested it from him anyway.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/articles/1258860-chiefs-star-bowe-has-refreshed-outlook-on-life

Like I said a 50 million dollar contract will allow that. Once you get that long term security you're not as obsessed about your numbers. If you're in a contract year and you have 90 yards thru 3 games that's money flying out the window.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Like I said a 50 million dollar contract will allow that. Once you get that long term security you're not as obsessed about your numbers. If you're in a contract year and you have 90 yards thru 3 games that's money flying out the window.

The link is meant for Bliz.

Not sure you have this right at all. Seems straw-man misinterpreted to me. The Alex/"big numbers" was never really of interest or of contention to most supporters. it was more about receivers knowing the playbook, running clean routes to garner separation, or simply catching what is thrown in their radius. I don't think anyone views Alex as a guy that will put up crazy 300+ yard games each week... and he has never been on a team that needed to or requested it from him anyway.

So now Bowe isn't able to get open and is having his worst statistical season because of that? There is no strawman about it. No WR will be good enough fo Alex unless it is a slot short yardage jitterbug type. I think it has more to do with Alex not throwing it unless it is wide open.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]
It's the argument that never ends.
So now Bowe isn't able to get open and is having his worst statistical season because of that? There is no strawman about it. No WR will be good enough fo Alex unless it is a slot short yardage jitterbug type. I think it has more to do with Alex not throwing it unless it is wide open.

Or perhaps Avery is having his best statistical year because of Smith...or it's still a team sport and all things are interconnected?

... and Alex has no problem throwing to a well covered AJ Jenkins, Avery, Charles, Fasano, etc... he just has it out for Bowe, huh?

... and Alex has no problem throwing to a well covered AJ Jenkins, Avery, Charles, Fasano, etc... he just has it out for Bowe, huh?

it is a nonissue as bowe will be traded before the trading deadline...for michael crabtree...heard it here first
Share 49ersWebzone