There are 187 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Yeah, should be seeing lots of PA, pistol offense, and also have more 2 TE packages. Even if Reid wants more passing, as his history suggests, I think it would be roughly 30 passes per game and a lean towards the short/intermediate game with screens and lots of TE love. Alex was getting better with hitting the WRs outside too, so Bowe, Baldwin, and Avery will get some curls, outs, and definitely slants.

I could always be in for some disappointment... considering a year 1 offense needing to gel quickly.. but this is gonna be a lot of fun watching KC evolve.

And that's just a side-dish to go with 49ers ball!

Where do 30 passes a game come from?

Cant be his 8 year track record...lets wait a bit before we get piss pants excited

Another winner...
Originally posted by Joecool:
He prefers the high percentage passes because our running game allowed for a lot of easy deep balls. But, the difference between him and those other QBs is that they can still perorm at a high level and thread some needles into a defense that is expecting the deep ball when their running game isnt up to par.

Alex must have a run game or he will not play well or play consistent. Hell, he had the best run game in the league and still wasnt consistent.

How about that Chief's running game?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing.

Absolutely. They must find some negative angles to pursue, I suppose. Bowe has grown up more and knows the importance of team success vs personal stats.

Aside from this? Bowe, at 28 yrs old, just received his last huge payday ... so he's not playing for a contract, that part is done.
5 years $57.8 million with 20 million in full guarantees and $38 million in the first three years. http://overthecap.com/dwayne-bowe-cashes-in/

Bowe will be happy to pursue the playoffs. His smart enough to understand that his presence alone helps the team regardless of targets, and that Alex rightly won't force throws just because he is Bowe.

This completely contradicts all yours and others statements that Smith needs better receivers. Now Bowe, a top receiver needs to deal with it but if Smith doesn't have big numbers, then it is because he doesn't have "big" receivers? My point has always been that it doesn't matter if Smith has the best receivers...it is just not his type of game.

Thank you! As I have always said. Smith is a very good QB, but don't blame his receivers for his limitations. He just doesn't like to throw to the deeper open player if he has a shorter route that is more open.

Thank you.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
The Chiefs are not a good team. I don't understand how some here are saying they can win 10 games or win the division. Andy Reid is a good coach but he hasn't displayed that good coaching ability for quite some time now. It's not going to be a walk in the park. MANY things will have to go right in order for the Chiefs to have a winning season.

I wish he was here for me to gloat over this one...
This completely contradicts all yours and others statements that Smith needs better receivers. Now Bowe, a top receiver needs to deal with it but if Smith doesn't have big numbers, then it is because he doesn't have "big" receivers? My point has always been that it doesn't matter if Smith has the best receivers...it is just not his type of game.

Thank you! As I have always said. Smith is a very good QB, but don't blame his receivers for his limitations. He just doesn't like to throw to the deeper open player if he has a shorter route that is more open.

Thank you.

Avery says Hi.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Thank you.

Avery says Hi.

Avery says under ten yards, I got you, Alex.

You just don't get it. Alex is a good QB, but don't say he will put up big numbers if he had better receivers. He won't. That's not how he plays. He is a good QB but he will struggle if he is down by more than 7 because his game is not to score a lot of points on a consistent basis. He must have the players around him play well for him to pay well.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
The Chiefs are not a good team. I don't understand how some here are saying they can win 10 games or win the division. Andy Reid is a good coach but he hasn't displayed that good coaching ability for quite some time now. It's not going to be a walk in the park. MANY things will have to go right in order for the Chiefs to have a winning season.

I wish he was here for me to gloat over this one...

He finally got banned? I bet he is "AliceSmith" on Chiefsplanet...

Thank you.

Avery says Hi.

Avery says under ten yards, I got you, Alex.

You just don't get it. Alex is a good QB, but don't say he will put up big numbers if he had better receivers. He won't. That's not how he plays. He is a good QB but he will struggle if he is down by more than 7 because his game is not to score a lot of points on a consistent basis. He must have the players around him play well for him to pay well.

Focusing only on the bolded: I just think this is a misnomer. The Alex of present day just goes out and does his thing -- and his game is this: he does what he feels is the best to do in the given situation. While he's not perfect -- nobody is -- he's a great decision-maker, and if he needs to get his team back into the game, he'll go to work and do it. If he's looking to attack, he can and will do so. Other times, sure, it is a more methodical approach where he goes out and moves the chains, leading the team down the field to score points.

But I mean, being down by 7+ I don't think is a big deal with Smith. We saw a lot of times even before Harbaugh. Sure, although we didn't always win -- we were often in position to get the winning or tying scores after being down by 2-3 scores in some games. So, I respectfully disagree that he struggles having to come from behind

As for that second part, I think I know what you mean, but I wouldn't say "his game is not to score a lot of points on a consistent basis." At least I wouldn't phrase it like that. My guess is what you really mean is his game more often resembles the methodical, efficient, ball-control offensive style like Seattle, New England, or Pittsburgh, than it does the "quick-strike" long-ball attack like Denver, Atlanta, or the New York Giants. Like you said, he's a good QB. Certain QBs fit certain systems better and that's just the style of offense he fits better.
As for Bowe's numbers.. Right now, I don't think there's much trust or chemistry between the two. Bowe has dropped a fair amount of passes in the first few games, while Avery hasn't, and I think with that, it's obvious who Smith would rather go to if he needs someone to pickup a key third down conversion.

Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing. I mean just tryna get something started IMHO. Their team is 3-0 with tons of games, left and trust me when i say not every team is gonna be able to double him constantly. And the no 1 reason above all. Its Smith and Co's first year in the offense. I say wait till this season finishes, lets see where they are. Then worry anything about WR yardage.

Avery--7 catches for 141 yards. Doesn't seem to be a lack of yardage there so Bowe will likely have his days as well. If he doesn't it will likely be due to being doubled.

But I'll worry when they start losing games...just not very much if the 9ers are winning!

What would happen if the 49ers played the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing. I mean just tryna get something started IMHO. Their team is 3-0 with tons of games, left and trust me when i say not every team is gonna be able to double him constantly. And the no 1 reason above all. Its Smith and Co's first year in the offense. I say wait till this season finishes, lets see where they are. Then worry anything about WR yardage.

Avery--7 catches for 141 yards. Doesn't seem to be a lack of yardage there so Bowe will likely have his days as well. If he doesn't it will likely be due to being doubled.

But I'll worry when they start losing games...just not very much if the 9ers are winning!

Avery is a good receiver. Really fast. The guy put up almost 700 yards as a rookie with a bad Rams team. Had his best year with 780 with rookie QB Luck. He's on pace to get 1000+ this season. I'm not sure he'll get there, but I'm not worried about the stats.

I just enjoy seeing the Chiefs win because on top of wanting us to get a 2nd round pick, I like Alex Smith and I like Andy Reid, and I want to see both be successful.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM ]
Right there with ya on that one. I think soo many people are making waaay to big of a deal with this Bowe thing.

Absolutely. They must find some negative angles to pursue, I suppose. Bowe has grown up more and knows the importance of team success vs personal stats.

Aside from this? Bowe, at 28 yrs old, just received his last huge payday ... so he's not playing for a contract, that part is done.
5 years $57.8 million with 20 million in full guarantees and $38 million in the first three years. http://overthecap.com/dwayne-bowe-cashes-in/

Bowe will be happy to pursue the playoffs. His smart enough to understand that his presence alone helps the team regardless of targets, and that Alex rightly won't force throws just because he is Bowe.

Thank you.

You will have to explain to me where the alleged contradiction is. I was merely explaining that Bowe has already made his last big contract and does seem genuinely thrilled about his team winning games again... so I don't expect a problem or see any worthwhile reason to make note of his lack of targets.

As for Alex needing better receivers? When that was said, I still hold the opinion to have been true.

Crabtree 2012 was not Crabtree 2009-2011. He was starting to get his self together in 2011, but before that was not a reliable target.

Joshua Morgan was not a reliable target or quality WR until he started his 2011 run... but then was lost for the year from injury in week 5.

Ted Ginn Jr. was not a reliable, quality receiver. For all his deep speed, he struggled to track the ball and keep his body control.

Braylon Edwards kept getting hurt, and showed other issues that has made him NFL worthless.

Kyle Williams was.. okay, but nothing to scare a defense. Brett Swain? Joe Hastings? Give me a break.

So, what are we really talking about here?

... and this part...
As I have always said. Smith is a very good QB,

Now you would try and have us believe that you have... always said this? Really?!?

it's too damn early in the a.m. for me to find and put on my hip boots, yo.

are you and Bowe friends? you know a lot about him
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
are you and Bowe friends? you know a lot about him

stay on topic, if you are remotely capable...
Share 49ersWebzone