There are 219 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is an "AliceSmith" on Chiefs Planet. Fess up. Who is it? That's gotta be from the WZ.....

There are a number of rather identifiable anti-Alex guys from past WZ days on Chiefs Planet. It is just funny to see how their ego is attached to their dislike for Smith. A lot of legit Chiefs fans have them figured out.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Protoman:

This guy never gets old.

I'm so pretty ..I'm so pretty
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by KapsDolphinCap:
I don't know why people are giving Alex such a hard time for checking it down in this game. The Chief's o-line wasn't playing very well at all in pass protection and those checkdowns were being pretty effective.

Cheifs OL was dominating. Alex had tons of time all day.

The Chiefs have had pass protection issues in all 3 games.
Originally posted by Protoman:

This guy never gets old.

That was a good watch.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
They replayed that bulllet EZ pass Smith threw to Chad Hall... dropped. That pass squeezed right in between dangerous coverage... **** you, Chad Hall. That one was bold and beautiful.

Alex had a very nice game. On several of those LONG 3rd down completions it looked like they took a page out of our college playbook...have several WR's down field blocking while the ball is in the air to the underneath WR and let him run for RAC for the first. It's almost like a long WR screen. The only issue is we never do it on a crossing route, rather a straight line and Williams gets tackled immediately by Sherman while Boldin and VD are down field blocking (someone forgot to block Sherman first).

Also, stoked for Alex. They could end up with more wins than us if they keep building. They actually reminded me of US...powerful ground game, great blocking down field in the run game, methodical/timely passing, owning the TOP, stout defense, etc. I didn't see too many "misses" by Alex. Philly'd D played very well escept on the 3rd and longs and at the end. But Alex is great in the 2-minute offense and bleeding you to death slowly (9 minute drive at the end to win the game). They did have a gazillion chance though to put the nail in the coffin early. Both Reid and Alex look very happy and refreshed. And eff you Jenkins (nice clutch drop) and Hall...and you too Sopoaga for leaving us! LOL.

It makes me wonder if we'll ever use Baldwin. Clearly, they are trying to get Jenkins in there for some work...

Good summary.

Alex Smith is the NFL's favorite "feel good" story right now. The rapport he had with the post game NFLN crew seemed very genuine and warm from all of them. Much more so than the usual "hey stud, good game tonight" banter.

I was listening to some talk after the game. One of them suggested that a lot of people around the NFL understood why Harbaugh gambled on the long-term with Kaepernick but felt the switch to Smith was handled very poorly. In contrast, Smith handled it with the ultimate poise and grace, and they were now very happy for him. They also felt that Harbaugh's constant flame-hot sideline demeanor is getting old to league officials. Also his arrogance with the press is wearing thin as well. For all these reasons, according to these two (I couldn't get names), a lot of media people are really enjoying the success Smith is having while savoring the taking down that Harbaugh is going through. Just thought that was an interesting take...
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I don't know if this has been discussed yet (this thread is too active to keep up with), but Alex accounted for 306 yards last night... That puts him in company with Peyton Manning vs the Giants (304). Alex also led the team in rushing yards the first two games... So anyone who says he can't carry the game is blind...

Overall, it was an exciting game. the Eagles defense really clamped down. Really thought the Chiefs should have run the ball more... That's going to be Reid's undoing in KC. That city likes to pound the rock. Reid needs to learn to rely on his RB... but the way it's looking, Denver gonna take first seed, NE #2, KC #3. And over here, Sea #1, SF #2...

If Denver is the #1 seed, the best KC can do is #5 since they won't have won the division and will be a wildcard.
Originally posted by KapsDolphinCap:
If Denver is the #1 seed, the best KC can do is #5 since they won't have won the division and will be a wildcard.

Well the wild card win should be easy then.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
There are a number of rather identifiable anti-Alex guys from past WZ days on Chiefs Planet. It is just funny to see how their ego is attached to their dislike for Smith. A lot of legit Chiefs fans have them figured out.

and those people deserve everything they get from the chiefs fans. so we really have fans that are that juvenile and petty with so much time on their hands they have to do that crap?
Originally posted by cciowa:
and those people deserve everything they get from the chiefs fans. so we really have fans that are that juvenile and petty with so much time on their hands they have to do that crap?

Quite a few. Unfortunately they are not that original with their screen names...AliceSmith being the main culprit. Pretty sure he permanently migrated to ChiefsPlanet after he got banned from here.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I don't know if this has been discussed yet (this thread is too active to keep up with), but Alex accounted for 306 yards last night... That puts him in company with Peyton Manning vs the Giants (304). Alex also led the team in rushing yards the first two games... So anyone who says he can't carry the game is blind...

Overall, it was an exciting game. the Eagles defense really clamped down. Really thought the Chiefs should have run the ball more... That's going to be Reid's undoing in KC. That city likes to pound the rock. Reid needs rely on his RB... but the way it's looking, Denver gonna take first seed, NE #2, KC #3. And over here, Sea #1, SF #2...

KC number 3 ..really?

Giants will be the first team they played that was over 500 last year..and the NYG giants was just one game over.

first 4 teams they played didn't make the playoffs and make ton of mistakes.

don't start betting your saving just yet...Just be happy they are making less mistakes and winning

Well i don't wanna jump the gun yet, but u do know, that Green Bay's defense wasn't that great either, they were bottom 10 last year, and over two games, are still bottom 10 this year. I mean yes we beat them, which is no easy feat, but we have to put that into perspective too.

So if we take our beloved 9ers, we beat Green Bay with a pourous defense, and we loss to the Seahawks with the top 3 defense. Now the colts are from top 15-25, so lets see how we do against them.

Originally posted by Btics49:
Eagles turned the ball over 4 times and still had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. I like how Smith makes few mistakes, but 4 tds in 3 games and averaging 223 yards isn't elite numbers. It takes a whole team effort to win with Smith, he can't do it by himself.

Like most quarterbacks.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Overall, it was an exciting game. the Eagles defense really clamped down. Really thought the Chiefs should have run the ball more... That's going to be Reid's undoing in KC. That city likes to pound the rock. Reid needs rely on his RB... but the way it's looking, Denver gonna take first seed, NE #2, KC #3. And over here, Sea #1, SF #2...

KC number 3 ..really?

Giants will be the first team they played that was over 500 last year..and the NYG giants was just one game over.

don't start betting your saving just yet...Just be happy they are making less mistakes and winning

Well i don't wanna jump the gun yet, but u do know, that Green Bay's defense wasn't that great either, they were bottom 10 last year, and over two games, are still bottom 10 this year. I mean yes we beat them, which is no easy feat, but we have to put that into perspective too.

So if we take our beloved 9ers, we beat Green Bay with a pourous defense, and we loss to the Seahawks with the top 3 defense. Now the colts are from top 15-25, so lets see how we do against them.

Bottom 10 according to who?

They were ranked 11th last year:

Lg Rank Defense 11 11

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2012.htm
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

KC number 3 ..really?

Lg Rank Defense 11 11

my bad jerry, read the espn stats wrong. u got it right, 11th last year. then i looked for this year so far and got...http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB

PTS
(24th)
YDS
(30th)
PASS YDS
(31st)
RUSH YDS
(16th)
so i guess bottom half this year then.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

KC number 3 ..really?

Lg Rank Defense 11 11

my bad jerry, read the espn stats wrong. u got it right, 11th last year. then i looked for this year so far and got...http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB

PTS
(24th)
YDS
(30th)
PASS YDS
(31st)
RUSH YDS
(16th)
so i guess bottom half this year then.

dont forget GB last 3 seasons ending was SB,NFCCG, NFCDG

and Seattle with two playoff years back to back

Then Indy coming off a playoff year

some tough teams there..compared to KC first 3 games

all in all KC will start playing some tough teams..not the greatest but decent enough with a last place schedule
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by hofer36:
maybe you missed the throw from the end zone to avery on 3rd down to continue that 8 minute drive in the 4th quarter after eagles closed to 7...that seemed to be between 3-4 defenders, a tight window in my view

That was a huge, gutsy throw there. Big time play that kept that long drive alive for the win.

the play was great and also shows what i do find to be one of the most legit criticisms re Alex Smith---he will make that throw when he has to, as shown in a number of past games (detroit 2011, new orleans 2011)---i wish he would have the confidence to throw more of them...in a way i think he is alot lot a battered, mistreated dog...he was beaten down so much for every turnover early in his career, that he has become too cautious..on the other hand it is hard to argue against 22-5-1 in your last 28 starts But im sure some will)
[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone