There are 192 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 9erempire:

I'm going to hope we picked the right QB or kept Smith and let Kap develop. So far he is not showing a lot of composure just because a stadium is loud.

Let's not go down this road. Harbaugh gambled on a higher future with Kaepernick. Let's leave that for the future. This is about Smith and KC.

If we stay mature about it, it is just fine to discuss the topic. My main question would be, who has played the tougher schedule. One could argue that Kap vs JAX and DAL defense would perform much better than Alex vs GB and SEA defense. Alex is playing solid, but at the same time, KC Offense has not been challenged yet and after playing PHI, they still will not be challenged.

The only scenario I can see KC offense getting challenged vs PHI is if it turns into a scoring race.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
If we stay mature about it, it is just fine to discuss the topic. My main question would be, who has played the tougher schedule. One could argue that Kap vs JAX and DAL defense would perform much better than Alex vs GB and SEA defense. Alex is playing solid, but at the same time, KC Offense has not been challenged yet and after playing PHI, they still will not be challenged.

The only scenario I can see KC offense getting challenged vs PHI is if it turns into a scoring race.

yes, please.

To also be fair... which QB is dealing with a brand new offense, teammates, and overall surroundings? Hmmmm....

.. but no. Always a bad idea to play this comparison game. Everyone has shown an inability to be mature about this at one point or another.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Method:
I love that picture. I think Alex gets another 2+ TD's tonight.

Why do you love that picture? Don't you want our QB to be successful? His success = Niners success. Or are you so tied to Alex, that you'd rather him succeed than our current QB?

take this crap somewhere else...

No thanks. A graphic showing our former QBs favorable numbers over our current QB and lauded around like it's meaningful after two games is what's crap. Kap has one bad game against arguably the best home team/defense in the league and people all the sudden want to parade stats around showing Alex's superiority. b******t. Frankly, I'm a little sick of the Chiefs converts around these parts, that's what's crap.

now now

Why do you love that picture? Don't you want our QB to be successful? His success = Niners success. Or are you so tied to Alex, that you'd rather him succeed than our current QB?

No thanks. A graphic showing our former QBs favorable numbers over our current QB and lauded around like it's meaningful after two games is what's crap. Kap has one bad game against arguably the best home team/defense in the league and people all the sudden want to parade stats around showing Alex's superiority. b******t. Frankly, I'm a little sick of the Chiefs converts around these parts, that's what's crap.

And I am a bit sick of this petty bickering between posters.

Alex Smith doesn't play for us anymore. I think most people know this. How about people stop trying to divide this forum up into two sides and then take shots at the other side?

This is all unnecessary.

Kap and Smith both have various strengths and weaknesses.
Really, they could learn a lot from eachother.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

this
Originally posted by English:

And I am a bit sick of this petty bickering between posters.

Alex Smith doesn't play for us anymore. I think most people know this. How about people stop trying to divide this forum up into two sides and then take shots at the other side?

How surprising.

Yup.
  • dj43
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This KC vs. Eagles game makes for good analysis. How do you counter the speed of the Eagles offense. With speed at just about all their skill positions. Reasonably, people would say to counter with a methodical offense, which the Chiefs have, to keep the Eagles offense on the sideline. And play sound defense and limit the big plays. But how do you specifically counter the speed for the defense.... They will be chasing these guys all night. And then fatigue will kick in.

I think if the Eagles can protect Vick with their offensive line through out the year, they may have something that other NFL team would want to copy. Speed. Speed. and more speed. And if they ever can get together a decent defense -- watch out for the Eagles.

Good points.

Let's not get too overly enamored with the idea of a no-huddle, quick repeating offense. The idea is to catch the defense unprepared due to the rapidity of plays. However, just getting back up to the LOS quickly does no good if you can't execute. Players still have to make plays. KC has a fast, fairly versatile base defensive alignment. If their offense can give them rest, and I think it can, they will win.
I think we will see how important a West Coast Offense team and QB can be very valuable to a defense. Watch them just drive and hold on to the ball for over 10 plays and keep their defense rested while scoring and holding on to the lead. Most people will understand that some of the 9ers shortcomings is their new Option offense that tries to fake defenses and they beat you with the homerun ball.

We need to bring back the WCO here.

• dj43

I'm going to hope we picked the right QB or kept Smith and let Kap develop. So far he is not showing a lot of composure just because a stadium is loud.

Let's not go down this road. Harbaugh gambled on a higher future with Kaepernick. Let's leave that for the future. This is about Smith and KC.

OK. Kaepernick has played a much tougher overall schedule. That is a given. Also, RIGHT NOW, Smith more targets, and more reliable targets than Kaepernick. That has a huge impact on the numbers. Smith is also much more experienced in reading complex defensive schemes than is CK. Further, I place a great deal of the blame for the offensive flame out in Seattle on Roman's game plan, specifically his failure to use a short passing game behind the front 7 to draw the Seahawks off the LOS. None of that makes Smith good or bad, or Kaepernick good or bad. It is just that comparing them on a numbers basis at this point in the season misses a lot other important facts.
OK. Kaepernick has played a much tougher overall schedule. That is a given. Also, RIGHT NOW, Smith more targets, and more reliable targets than Kaepernick. That has a huge impact on the numbers. Smith is also much more experienced in reading complex defensive schemes than is CK. Further, I place a great deal of the blame for the offensive flame out in Seattle on Roman's game plan, specifically his failure to use a short passing game behind the front 7 to draw the Seahawks off the LOS. None of that makes Smith good or bad, or Kaepernick good or bad. It is just that comparing them on a numbers basis at this point in the season misses a lot other important facts.

You really think so? I have found that their targets are less or even to ours in the reliability department. Heck, the Chiefs are top 10 in dropped passes... 49ers are 19th.

Okay, okay... the difference in listed drops is 2...

( Fasano and Charles leading the way with 2 each... and those are supposed to be the more reliable targets.

Totally agree. As for KC vs PHI, I think it is a more interesting matchup than it is a barometer game because I feel KC is just too powerful for an inconsistent PHI team.

The DAL game was the barameter game that confirmed that KC is definitly an 8 win team. KC really doesn't have another one until week 7. Hell, they just may be 6-0 before they play HOU. That game and the DEN game will let us know if KC is a playoff team and a legit SB contendor. A lot of teams on their schedule have turned out to be weaker this year than last or just a good matchup for KC.
Totally agree. As for KC vs PHI, I think it is a more interesting matchup than it is a barometer game because I feel KC is just too powerful for an inconsistent PHI team.

The DAL game was the barameter game that confirmed that KC is definitly an 8 win team. KC really doesn't have another one until week 7. Hell, they just may be 6-0 before they play HOU. That game and the DEN game will let us know if KC is a playoff team and a legit SB contendor. A lot of teams on their schedule have turned out to be weaker this year than last or just a good matchup for KC.

Yes indeed. I have heard other detractors state that Dallas is mediocre, but disagree. They have a solid 4-3 defense going on, and that offense is very good when Romo isn't going all J.T. O'Sullivan out there.

The AS vs CK7 debate is over. CK7 is the starting qb in SF, end of story. AS is over as a 9er, please go to chief zone to discuss him
Share 49ersWebzone