LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 179 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
lol one has played the jags (worst team in league) and cowboys (most overrated team in league), the other has played GB and Sea (two playoff teams and probably the 2nd best team in league).

as i said, the season will progress and things start to become as they usually do.
I'm probably not as sold on the Chiefs winning this game. I think we're still trying to get an idea of where Philly stacks up against the rest of the league but going on the road on Thursday is always a tough challenge.
Originally posted by Amir:
lol one has played the jags (worst team in league) and cowboys (most overrated team in league), the other has played GB and Sea (two playoff teams and probably the 2nd best team in league).

as i said, the season will progress and things start to become as they usually do.

Thus the reference to "teams they played are not on par." But thank you for restating one of my points.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm probably not as sold on the Chiefs winning this game. I think we're still trying to get an idea of where Philly stacks up against the rest of the league but going on the road on Thursday is always a tough challenge.

I agree with this actually. Honestly, it's still too early to gauge a lot of the teams. Even after week 6, you're still weeding out pretenders. You have a better idea then, but really it's about week 8 before you get a pretty solid idea of what you're looking at.
Originally posted by Amir:

You seem to be trying to make arguments towards... nobody.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I agree with this actually. Honestly, it's still too early to gauge a lot of the teams.

absolutely.. and I for one am not crowning the Chiefs. I see that they need a lot of work, but appear to have the personnel talent to do well. I still hold to my 9 win prediction, and some of that has to do with their strength of schedule.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I agree with this actually. Honestly, it's still too early to gauge a lot of the teams. Even after week 6, you're still weeding out pretenders. You have a better idea then, but really it's about week 8 before you get a pretty solid idea of what you're looking at.

Agree with both of you...but it's fun to speculate! It will be really interesting to watch KC's D go up against Kelly's mad offense. Their athleticism may give them an advantage other teams do not have. In an up tempo game, being in shape and having superior physical skills is a huge advantage...as is not needing to sub or platoon in various situations.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 9erempire:

I'm going to hope we picked the right QB or kept Smith and let Kap develop. So far he is not showing a lot of composure just because a stadium is loud.

Let's not go down this road. Harbaugh gambled on a higher future with Kaepernick. Let's leave that for the future. This is about Smith and KC.
I love that picture. I think Alex gets another 2+ TD's tonight.
This KC vs. Eagles game makes for good analysis. How do you counter the speed of the Eagles offense. With speed at just about all their skill positions. Reasonably, people would say to counter with a methodical offense, which the Chiefs have, to keep the Eagles offense on the sideline. And play sound defense and limit the big plays. But how do you specifically counter the speed for the defense.... They will be chasing these guys all night. And then fatigue will kick in.

I think if the Eagles can protect Vick with their offensive line through out the year, they may have something that other NFL team would want to copy. Speed. Speed. and more speed. And if they ever can get together a decent defense -- watch out for the Eagles.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Method:

Why do you love that picture? Don't you want our QB to be successful? His success = Niners success. Or are you so tied to Alex, that you'd rather him succeed than our current QB?

take this crap somewhere else...
Why do you love that picture? Don't you want our QB to be successful? His success = Niners success. Or are you so tied to Alex, that you'd rather him succeed than our current QB?

No, I want the Niners to be the best team in the NFL, but Kap was the worst QB in the NFL this past weekend. He gave our TEAM no chance to win and that pissed me the f**k off. I've seen many people who never liked Alex, give Kap the biggest leash I've ever seen, and it makes no f**king sense to me. 4 Turnovers is inexcusable. Period. I hope he learns from it and realizes that some games he needs to just take what's given to you instead of forcing it deep everytime is a sound strategy when your defense is playing as good as ours was in the first half, especially on the road.

This picture, if shown to Kap, should demonstrate to him that his highs will be extremely better than Alex's, because he's infinitely more talented; but it should also show him that his lows cost us a win.

"Am I so tied to Alex, that I'd rather have him succeed than our current QB?"

That makes no sense. We don't play the Chiefs this year, so if I root for Alex it has no change in how I hope Kap does. Kap played s**tty, Alex didn't. I will always root for the Niners first, and last. That will never change, but when our QB sucks balls, I'll say it.
[ Edited by Method on Sep 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Method:

He didn't say anything bad about Kaep. But you're acting like he did. lol

Either you're reading way too much into his statement or a little insecure. To me, that picture shows pretty accurately what we've thought about both guys. Smith playing veteran unspectacular, but consistent qb. Kaep athletic ability to light them up or fizzled a bit in another game, perhaps because of lack of experience. Inconsistent...? Maybe. They are both showing that they are pretty good in their own way.
Big game today for you guys! I really don't know who to pick here in my office pool. The real key is for the Chiefs defense to keep the Eagles from exploding because if they do, no way Alex will be able to shoot out.

This one's a toss up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Took the Eagles in this one, Alex gonna have a hard time scoring points to keep up with that explosive Eagles offense.
Share 49ersWebzone