LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• dj43
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Joecool:
You mean how we beat Seattle at home on Franks back? To bad he was only averaging little to none tonight. Alex would touch SEAs DBs. At least Kap has enough balls to.

Personally, I already said a few days ago we should go 5-wide and spread them out because their two corners are too good and we need to get something with Patten on their 3rd or 4th corner. This would have made them change their game plan which would have opened it up for Gore later.
their pass rush is too good to do that

Their defense is just too good at home. we should've done what has always worked in the past against them, which is power running. Put Gore behind Miller and let Gore do what he does. Gore is ineffective running out of the pistol.
Wouldn't have worked. Seattle stacked 8 in the box all night and the 49ers couldn't pass well enough to force them out of it. If you can't pass against that front you will lose.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Yeah. It will be moot then.

However, it will not last that long: Should Smith have a poor performance in an upcoming week (which, as most QBs do, he will), the usual suspects will show up and crow, the thread will be locked, bannings will occur, rinse, repeat, thank you, come again.

Hey! Why isn't crowing allowed if Smith has a poor game? It happens when he plays well...what's the dealio, bro?

What's your goal with it? There is over 42,000 threads and you are worried about this one? Sounds personal. Nobody said you couldn't criticize when he has a bad game. We are saying be respectful, don't get personal, and be fair. Most arent
What he said.
Ok, back on topic. How about those chiefs getting another win closer to an improved niner draft pick?
What's your goal with it? There is over 42,000 threads and you are worried about this one? Sounds personal. Nobody said you couldn't criticize when he has a bad game. We are saying be respectful, don't get personal, and be fair. Most arent

I just don't understand why this thread would even exist once the season is over. This IS a 9er board, is it not? If people would like to follow and discuss a player who is no longer on the team. I'd suggest they go to the (insert player's team) board.

You are right. Good idea. We should get rid of every thread not niners. Baseball, football, college, cars, girls, screw em all! Niners!!!!! My wife just asked me about the weather tomorrow, I said "b***h weather doesn't play strong safety!"
I hope that you also asked for a sammich.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Its not an Alex vs Kap issue. Its a live in reality issue and the QB isn't responsible and cant fix every damn problem.

The play calling and scheme is still super stupid sometimes. Mediocre players dont get better over night because of a QB change. These are problems that Alex couldn't and Kap cant fix, its up to Harbs and Trent to fix....and IMO they haven't.

I just ask for intellectual honesty. People should be consistent in their rationale, IMO.

• dj43
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I know going for the deep pass was brought up by someone else. I just want to further the thought. It was brought up also by the announcer for the game. Dude said Smith should try for the deep pass because the Dallas D was crowding the line. But the more I think about it and was watching the game while he said that, the more it seems retarded to me, when the short and the intermediate high percentage throws are there to take from the defense. It was there all game, just whether the connections were made due to execution or not. Smith did hit Avery for 31 yards to convert a 3r&13 to continue a scoring drive. With Smith and Charles running, the Chiefs were in a lot of 3rd very convertible 5-10 yards --occasionally they backed themselves up with penalty. Why the hell would you want to get away from trying to convert those 5-10 yards for the 1st down conversion, for a low percentage deep throw that very possibly may not connect and end a drive.

Kinda like going deep on 3rd down when all you need is 5 yds for the first down marker. And going back to your point, throwing short or intermediate gives and added positive of not requiring the offensive line to pass block for an extended time. They only have to pass block for a 5-10 yard strike. The short routes develop quickly for Smith to get rid of the ball.

Niners could have used a little bit of this last night

Typical Andy Reid offense: use the RB as a main weapon and eat the clock with high percentage passing. Put Brian Westbrook in the picture and you have the same ball game. KC hired the most Walsh-like proponent of WCO and he brought in the QB that best fit his system. No surprise they are 2-0. They will win more than they lose this year barring injury.
  • dj43

I just don't understand why this thread would even exist once the season is over. This IS a 9er board, is it not? If people would like to follow and discuss a player who is no longer on the team. I'd suggest they go to the (insert player's team) board.

You are right. Good idea. We should get rid of every thread not niners. Baseball, football, college, cars, girls, screw em all! Niners!!!!! My wife just asked me about the weather tomorrow, I said "b***h weather doesn't play strong safety!"

Ok, back on topic. How about those chiefs getting another win closer to an improved niner draft pick?

Chiefs' win projection now 9 via Vegas.

... awesomeness!
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Why have a NFL sub-forum at all then?

Everyone here is a 49er fan, some go further to be football fans, some enjoy following more than one team.
This board is structured to accommodate all types.
Why b***h about it?

I thought this thread was about what draft pick we'd receive from the Chiefs.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
... awesomeness!

For someone who cries about "inciting" you sure do it a lot.

no idea how to predict this Thursday night game @ Philly. Alex is (from what I read) likely sore as can be after the hits taken in Sunday's game. Both #1 and #2 tight ends are hobbling. Most of their work in these few days will be mental work. I think the Eagles might move the ball between the 20's with that crazy offense, but KC can win it if they force FGs. Going to need to read up on the Philly front 7.
... awesomeness!

For someone who cries about "inciting" you sure do it a lot.

WTF did I do? laughed at someone's joke?
WTF did I do? laughed at someone's joke?

Back on topic...
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Great game by Mr. 299.

hey joe did the niners struggles tonite in the passing game cause you to reconsider your thoughts last year about whether the seahawks dbs stifled the passing ame or whether it was smith--I didn't see many tight windows to throw thru tonite..not trying to be an ass here just wondering if your opinion changed at all

You mean how we beat Seattle at home on Franks back? To bad he was only averaging little to none tonight. Alex would touch SEAs DBs. At least Kap has enough balls to.

Personally, I already said a few days ago we should go 5-wide and spread them out because their two corners are too good and we need to get something with Patten on their 3rd or 4th corner. This would have made them change their game plan which would have opened it up for Gore later.

no that isn't what im talking about--last year you said that it wasn't a problem of the receivers struggling to get separation vs the physical seahawks dbs, it was smith not making the throws into the tight windows...I think tonite showed it is a problem with niners wrs getting separation, and even kaepernicks arm couldn't thread the tight coverage

Let's extend it further than SEA. Alex seemed to have a problem with receivers not getting separation against most teams. Colin has only had that problem with SEA.

well im talking about seattle---i think the problem lies more with the wrs and the seahawk dbs than the qb..neither had anywhere to throw...btw smith found enough seperation to connect on 70% of his passes last year
Share 49ersWebzone