There are 241 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
FYI, I am picking KC to beat DAL. How do feel about the matchup. No really, I have money in a pool. What is your opinion?

Arrowhead's a nasty place to play.. I like KC's chances... but anything can happen.

With Dez and Romo banged up... a pretty poor Dallas OL against a good front 7... physical KC corners vs their receivers... Dallas should have real issues with crowd noise. I have a good feeling. The big concerns would be DeMarcus Ware vs Albert or Fisher... some inside blitzes from Bruce Carter. The KC OL needs to keep Alex cozy early on. I think the Chiefs can use some quick PA to affect their coverage, and finally take a few deep shots. KC should be able to run well enough to keep things remotely balanced.

KC - 30 / DAL - 23

This one should cover one of their "upset" wins to get over the 9 difficult teams they play. Get to 8!!

KC is Favored by 2.5/3

It surprises me that the line is 2.5 points. Most people I talk to really believe Dallas will win.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
FYI, I am picking KC to beat DAL. How do feel about the matchup. No really, I have money in a pool. What is your opinion?

Arrowhead's a nasty place to play.. I like KC's chances... but anything can happen.

With Dez and Romo banged up... a pretty poor Dallas OL against a good front 7... physical KC corners vs their receivers... Dallas should have real issues with crowd noise. I have a good feeling. The big concerns would be DeMarcus Ware vs Albert or Fisher... some inside blitzes from Bruce Carter. The KC OL needs to keep Alex cozy early on. I think the Chiefs can use some quick PA to affect their coverage, and finally take a few deep shots. KC should be able to run well enough to keep things remotely balanced.

KC - 30 / DAL - 23

This one should cover one of their "upset" wins to get over the 9 difficult teams they play. Get to 8!!

KC is Favored by 2.5/3

It surprises me that the line is 2.5 points. Most people I talk to really believe Dallas will win.
i think the home team gets 3 pts and the uncertainty of Romo/Dez is a factor..The line might change tomorrow ?
i think the home team gets 3 pts and the uncertainty of Romo/Dez is a factor..The line might change tomorrow ?

Yes home team does get 3 points. That would suggest that Vegas thinks the team are equal. Especially for a starting line. It would change as people bet. You're right, it could change.
This should be a good game. Wouldn't surprise me if Dallas blows out KC, although unlikely.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
I'm seriously hoping we won't have to face them in the SB, I'd rather face Denver... the Kansas City Queefs will tear us a new hole!

It would be an interesting Super Bowl, but I would expect the 49ers DL to dominate the Chief's OL. They won't be able to run, and short passes won't be enough to keep the chains moving without a running game.

KC - 30 / DAL - 23

KC is Favored by 2.5/3

Which is why the spread is so low. The 2.5 is an indication a lot of people think DAL will win and will still pick them due to the small spread. This tells us more that KC winning would be an upset.
^ the line is based on bookmakers' efforts to equalize each side. Dallas has a lot of fans, so more people tend to favor them, thus skewing the numbers.

Happens with the Niners and Raiders in Vegas, too: proximity and popularity impact the local line.
Dallas' defense was able to be more aggressive against the Giants because NY has a suspect and weak running game. Jamal Charles for the Chiefs will force the Dallas D play more discipline if the Chiefs can establish Charles early. Not sure how Dallas will do against the run because they haven't been tested yet like the caliber of Charles.

Chiefs have a good chance if their defense can withstand the Dallas hurry up, no huddle offense that they have used on occasion. Romo in the 4th qtr is capable of awesome come back ability or total collapse. Time consuming drives with Charles in the 4th is the best remedy for the Chiefs.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Dallas' defense was able to be more aggressive against the Giants because NY has a suspect and weak running game. Jamal Charles for the Chiefs will force the Dallas D play more discipline if the Chiefs can establish Charles early. Not sure how Dallas will do against the run because they haven't been tested yet like the caliber of Charles.

Chiefs have a good chance if their defense can withstand the Dallas hurry up, no huddle offense that they have used on occasion. Romo in the 4th qtr is capable of awesome come back ability or total collapse. Time consuming drives with Charles in the 4th is the best remedy for the Chiefs.

Thats if Charles is fully healthy...he might aggravate his injury from the Jags game
  • dmax
  • Veteran
war alex war

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I'm seriously hoping we won't have to face them in the SB, I'd rather face Denver... the Kansas City Queefs will tear us a new hole!

It would be an interesting Super Bowl, but I would expect the 49ers DL to dominate the Chief's OL. They won't be able to run, and short passes won't be enough to keep the chains moving without a running game.

On a real note, Niners would slaughter them.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by hofer36:
i dont think they possess such abtract thinking abilities
nice

im surprised you got it

Yes home team does get 3 points. That would suggest that Vegas thinks the team are equal. Especially for a starting line. It would change as people bet. You're right, it could change.

as I understand point spreads the 2.5 would not suggest that vegas thinks the teams are equal but rather is the number they think will draw bets on a relatively equal basis i.e 1/2 for dallas, 1/2 for kc
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Even though it was the Jags, I told you guys that the Chiefs have the right tools in the right places. They don't have great WR,
but with a hardcore outside run game that later turns into some playaction and dumpoffs, that will tire any defense if done without many mistakes and will increase your chance of winning.

Coupled with what I call the BEST CB core in the league and a pro bowl MLB , you have something cooking.

SPEAKING OF CHECKDOWNS,

HOLY FPHUVK DISCOUNT DOUBLECHECKDOWN Aaron Rodgers.

SLANT, DUMPOFF, SLANT, SHORT PASS, SHORT PASS, CHECKDOWN, DUMPOFF, ONE LONG PASS THAT WOULD'VE BEEN OUT OF BOUNDS AND CAUGHT.

Yet somehow that was 300 yards with Aikman and Joe Buck giving Aaron high praises. If Alex could do the same, which I'm sure he's capable of now, he'd be in that category.

Lots of short passes against us from Rodgers. They were just trying to string together some 3rd down conversions and 1st downs then finish the drives with the scores. And their offense is good enough to not make mistakes stringing those plays together into a good drive.

If, you know who, does it -- 'captain checkdown' is the label

I don't remember a deep connection against us in that game....?
Rodgers longest pass was that scramble to that out of bounds throw that was somehow caught by that WR. It looked like a comeback out route . That was it though. He still got about 300 yards and Aikman was on his nuts. He's a good qb but not crazy all time elite. It's more McCarthys' offense system than anything that deserves praise.

If Alex can do the same thing, Chiefs are as good as playoff bound.
Originally posted by hofer36:
im surprised you got it

I'm just taking notes.
Share 49ersWebzone