LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 158 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

With the Chiefs game being a blowout, anyone think we get an AJ Jenkins sighting?
1 down, 7 to go
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im happy for our future 2nd round pick too lol. but im glad Alex is in a place where he can start and have total fan support from the get go. he got screwed by two coaches here and many of the fans turned on him.

I think he got more chances than many other players would have whether it was his fault or not. This is the NFL, players get replaced all the time. Why should one player get special treatment?

Alex played alright against a terrible team. But Kaep's performance
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Sep 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im happy for our future 2nd round pick too lol. but im glad Alex is in a place where he can start and have total fan support from the get go. he got screwed by two coaches here and many of the fans turned on him.

I think he got more chances than many other players would have whether it was his fault or not. This is the NFL, players get replaced all the time. Why should one player get special treatment?

Alex played alright against a terrible team. But Kaep's performance
Can't give him a shred of credit, can you?
I think he played well in the first half... when the game mattered. That's even remembering 5 or 6 dropped passes. Once it was 21-2, the Chiefs went into coast mode.. just looking to get on out of Jax with the W. Defense was outstanding, and any easy road victory for this newly evolving team is a blessing for them. Great day all around. Wish the Hawks would have lost, of course.
Happy for him to have success. Still think its b******t that so many make excuses for it, but whatever.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Maybe Smith's small hands are causing a weird spin on the ball that's making them drop balls.

Yikes! then I guess Kaep's smaller hands will be a big problem coming up.

You Wanna talk s**t about Kap? It is not Smiths small hands but him getting the ball where it needs to be in time. Kap has no problem with that.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
You Wanna talk s**t about Kap? It is not Smiths small hands but him getting the ball where it needs to be in time. Kap has no problem with that.

clearly a joke on my part...
Maybe Smith's small hands are causing a weird spin on the ball that's making them drop balls.

You didn't watch the game did you?

Kaep > Smith but give the man some credit. His receivers were "NFL open" and he hit them.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I watched a good amount of the game. Smith played alright. Had some nice short passes. He should have thrown an interception tho.

For what, exactly? What has always bothered me (and I've said it here many times) is the constant whining about how rough Alex has had it when:

a) He was partly to blame for his own issues
b) Far worse things have happened to other players...it's the NFL, players who are more deserving get screwed over constantly.

I will give him credit for playing an efficient game and getting the W.
Happy for him to have success. Still think its b******t that so many make excuses for it, but whatever.

I don't understand why people are so concerned about this guy getting credit for things. He played an OK game, but nothing that anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in the guy would bother to mention. He threw for 173 yards on 34 attempts. The 2 TDs are nice and the fact he didn't throw any INTs is great, but he didn't exactly do all that much against a horrid Jaguars team.

People here either over credit this guy or they refuse to give any credit for anything. There is no middle ground.

Kaep > Smith but give the man some credit. His receivers were "NFL open" and he hit them.

I didn't bring Kap up. If an opposing team brought up Wilson and referred to Kap, I would have every right to attack back.

BTW - My warning level got bumped for saying the same EXACT thing. Funny how that works.
Originally posted by Empire49:

I don't understand why people are so concerned about this guy getting credit for things. He played an OK game, but nothing that anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in the guy would bother to mention. He threw for 173 yards on 34 attempts. The 2 TDs are nice and the fact he didn't throw any INTs is great, but he didn't exactly do all that much against a horrid Jaguars team.

People here either over credit this guy or they refuse to give any credit for anything. There is no middle ground.

Indeed. It's a team sport and he and the o did their part.
Share 49ersWebzone