There are 183 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think the eye test is just as or more important to evaluating a player than stats are. Take Manning last night. Stats showed a greatest game ever but the QB I saw out there, was not great at all.

Yeah really... some weak and wobbly looking passes, and lots of crap coverage... but his accuracy was .

I think payton manning is perhaps the best qb I have seen as far as making a subtle step or two in the pocket to avoid the pass rush===he is uncanny at that
Originally posted by hofer36:
I think payton manning is perhaps the best qb I have seen as far as making a subtle step or two in the pocket to avoid the pass rush===he is uncanny at that

Eh.. true enough. That last game also showed us some movement limitations as well. Not a fault, but yes, a fault... dude is old, and could escape some hits/sacks many years ago that he can't today.

Is this a Peyton thread?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

LOL
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

LOL

Well...we know at least one person who's reading the chiefs boards...
So is this converting into a peyton manning thread??
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I thought a couple of Manning's duck floaters were going to get picked off and they ended up being TDs. I was pretty shocked at his accuracy. I wonder what an elite defense like the Niners can do to him.

So, although Peyton put up record setting numbers, he didn't really pass the eye test, did he? So it truly is possible for a QB to play WORSE than his stats indicate? I...I had no idea that was possible.

Only on the webzone can a Super Bowl winning, former NFL MVP throw for 450 yards and 7 touchdowns, and be made to sound like a terrible QB. You guys are amazing.

It's only a matter of time that Peyton will be 50 and Smith will be better than him
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by hofer36:

Eh.. true enough. That last game also showed us some movement limitations as well. Not a fault, but yes, a fault... dude is old, and could escape some hits/sacks many years ago that he can't today.

Is this a Peyton thread?

Manning can still get it done on the field. But you can see some drop off in his physical play. And on some of his throws. He's in the twilight of his career. Very similar to the 2 years Montana had with the Chiefs. He was still very good 1993 bringing the Chiefs to the AFCC game. Then in 1994, who can forget the MNF dual against John Elway. By the end of that year in the playoff game, you can see his drop off. The hits took a toll on him. The ball has a little less zip. I remember the TV commentator allude to Montana may not have it anymore. And I thought that was crazy. But sure enough. Montana retired after that 1994 playoff loss.

I see something similar in Manning. Lets enjoy him this year. Because he may just hang it up next year.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM ]
Don't care about Peyton until and if the Super Bowl...
can Alex throw 7 TDS?

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
can Alex throw 7 TDS?

He's thrown way more than that...sheesh!
can Alex throw 7 TDS?

In half a season he can.
can Alex throw 7 TDS?

To the other team
Originally posted by kidash98:

With that said, anyone caught posting anything to incite the mass regarding AS, let it be known that we will go back in our ways of handing warnings, if not banning, posters altogether. If some of you can't talk about another team AS A TEAM, then you have no business being in this thread. Debates are good if done in good taste but I all you can do is to b***h about ONE GUY on this team, then it's no different than when he was with us.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

LOL

Well...we know at least one person who's reading the chiefs boards...

On Chiefs Planet they were saying that sums up his career. LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone