LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:

I think the eye test is just as or more important to evaluating a player than stats are. Take Manning last night. Stats showed a greatest game ever but the QB I saw out there, was not great at all.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I think the eye test is just as or more important to evaluating a player than stats are. Take Manning last night. Stats showed a greatest game ever but the QB I saw out there, was not great at all.

Yeah really... some weak and wobbly looking passes, and lots of crap coverage... but his accuracy was .
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Yeah really... some weak and wobbly looking passes, and lots of crap coverage... but his accuracy was .

And his timing was

And his Oline was

And D. Thomas was

...But elite qb don't need the team to be perfect to be elite
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
And his timing was

And his Oline was

And D. Thomas was

yeah, for the most part... biggest issues for Manning is the ball velocity and the foot speed to move around..
And his timing was

And his Oline was

And D. Thomas was

yeah, for the most part... biggest issues for Manning is the ball velocity and the foot speed to move around..

I noticed that too. Especially those throws to the sideline. Looks a little lazy getting there, but still gets there timely. And a little more rainbow on the deep throw. But forget all that. It's still into the receivers hands. And he did dropped that deep pass down the sideline in stride into the guy's hands.

He gets in trouble when he tries too hard on some risky throws when the timing with his receiver may be off. But for the most part he's still very good. Reminds me a lot of Montana when he was with the Chiefs.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
I actually know JT very well, we played together in college and he's living down here in San Diego. He's a really good flag football player, a beast at WR!

cool! I miss reading about joec's eye test on ole JTO. Maybe Jim should have given him a call... I'd rather see him as # 2 over McCoy.

I wasn't on here back then, did Joe C actually say that his eye test approved of JT? Lol too funny. I love JT, he's a good friend of mine, but even he would say his time in the NFL was a disaster.
And his timing was

And his Oline was

And D. Thomas was

just get him to run to his left and his arm wont be effective
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
And his timing was

And his Oline was

And D. Thomas was

just get him to run to his left and his arm wont be effective

That's pretty much it. Once he plays better defense, he will be exposed. Imagine if the Niners lost Willis, Goldson, their SS and a CB on defense. We are already worried that a talented rookie is in at FS and we lost our nickel CB.
And his timing was

And his Oline was

And D. Thomas was

I noticed that too. Especially those throws to the sideline. Looks a little lazy getting there, but still gets there timely. And a little more rainbow on the deep throw. But forget all that. It's still into the receivers hands. And he did dropped that deep pass down the sideline in stride into the guy's hands.

He gets in trouble when he tries too hard on some risky throws when the timing with his receiver may be off. But for the most part he's still very good. Reminds me a lot of Montana when he was with the Chiefs.

Ball placement can do wonders. Doesn't remind me anything of Joe. Joe was still able to scramble in his old age. He always had an under rated arm in terms of strength. Couldn't throw it 70 but he could zip it off balance in most locations.
And his timing was

And his Oline was

And D. Thomas was

...But elite qb don't need the team to be perfect to be elite

Regardless of who the QB is, a lot of stuff has to come together right to have a record-setting night like just happened. Elite QB will still be elite, but nobody's throwing for 7 TDs without help (and maybe some hopeless coverage...)
[ Edited by ninermedic on Sep 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]

I thought a couple of Manning's duck floaters were going to get picked off and they ended up being TDs. I was pretty shocked at his accuracy. I wonder what an elite defense like the Niners can do to him.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I thought a couple of Manning's duck floaters were going to get picked off and they ended up being TDs. I was pretty shocked at his accuracy. I wonder what an elite defense like the Niners can do to him.

So, although Peyton put up record setting numbers, he didn't really pass the eye test, did he? So it truly is possible for a QB to play WORSE than his stats indicate? I...I had no idea that was possible.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

So, although Peyton put up record setting numbers, he didn't really pass the eye test, did he? So it truly is possible for a QB to play WORSE than his stats indicate? I...I had no idea that was possible.

Only on the webzone can a Super Bowl winning, former NFL MVP throw for 450 yards and 7 touchdowns, and be made to sound like a terrible QB. You guys are amazing.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Only on the webzone can a Super Bowl winning, former NFL MVP throw for 450 yards and 7 touchdowns, and be made to sound like a terrible QB. You guys are amazing.

Right..that's exactly what I said.

I agree with joe --I didn't see manning throw 1 sidearm i.e change the arm angle of the pass, all night
Share 49ersWebzone