There are 246 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
17-24, with a TD and a 102 QB rating is a good outing. And, they only allowed one sack for 4 yards. He had a good outing and KC might be better than some around here think this year. I'm feeling more confident about that extra 2nd round pick.

Then again, it's pre-season.

Lol

What's so funny? I'm just saying no one should feel confident about a lot of punting and 1 good drive before halftime in the pre-season.

Lol. What's funny is that last week's preseason game was the most validating game ever for some. Double standards ftw.
17-24, with a TD and a 102 QB rating is a good outing. And, they only allowed one sack for 4 yards. He had a good outing and KC might be better than some around here think this year. I'm feeling more confident about that extra 2nd round pick.

Lol

What's so funny? I'm just saying no one should feel confident about a lot of punting and 1 good drive before halftime in the pre-season.

Lol. What's funny is that last week's preseason game was the most validating game ever for some. Double standards ftw.

Yea "For some", but not for me...I was just simply pointing out what I seen.

Real question is which Smith will show up Week 1, the one we saw against the 49ers or the one we saw vs the Steelers?! Two comepletely different performances.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows our franchise is a winning one. I don't expect our team to randomly take a crap for one year. However the Chiefs are coming from a 2-14 season, so even 8-8 would be a big surprise.

I sure hope they at least make 8-8. Some are already confident from pre-season games, but not me. They have a LOT more to prove, imo.

My point is that from year to year, so much changes that nothing is given. Seattle, St. Louis and Arizona may beat the niners this year and spoil our year. I don't expect that to happen but this is not college football of the sixties. CK goes out the season is over. Cowboy and Willis go out? There goes the season...although less important than CK because their back ups are better.

Never take anything for granted!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I'm pretty sure everyone knows our franchise is a winning one. I don't expect our team to randomly take a crap for one year. However the Chiefs are coming from a 2-14 season, so even 8-8 would be a big surprise.

I sure hope they at least make 8-8. Some are already confident from pre-season games, but not me. They have a LOT more to prove, imo.

My point is that from year to year, so much changes that nothing is given. Seattle, St. Louis and Arizona may beat the niners this year and spoil our year. I don't expect that to happen but this is not college football of the sixties. CK goes out the season is over. Cowboy and Willis go out? There goes the season...although less important than CK because their back ups are better.

Never take anything for granted!

Well injuries is another thing, but I agree!
I don't think Smith played nearly as well as some of you guys think, but damn if he's not a tough son of a B! That Polamalu hit was insane (Reminded me of the willis warner hit a few years ago). That's two weeks in a row smith as bounced up from huge hits.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
I don't think Smith played nearly as well as some of you guys but damn if he's not a tough son of a B! That Polamalu hit was insane (Reminded me of the willis warner hit a few years ago). That's two weeks in a row smith as bounced up from huge hits.

Not sure I play as well as Smith but thanks!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM ]
  • dj43

Lol

Real question is which Smith will show up Week 1, the one we saw against the 49ers or the one we saw vs the Steelers?! Two comepletely different performances.

Two very different defenses as well.
Originally posted by dj43:

Lol

Two very different defenses as well.

Yes but Smith has a tendency to suck vs nearly half the teams he plays or play very well vs the other half. It is the typical Alex, good one week, below average the next.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yes but Smith has a tendency to suck vs nearly half the teams he plays or play very well vs the other half. It is the typical Alex, good one week, below average the next.

b******t. We have already travelled down this path. Either go back and look it up or do your own research before you spout false facts.

Every QB has fluctuations in thier QB ratings...Not only was Alex quite high in those ratings, he was more consistently high in those ratings when compared to most QBs in the NFL.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:

b******t. We have already travelled down this path. Either go back and look it up or do your own research before you spout false facts.

Every QB has fluctuations in thier QB ratings...Not only was Alex quite high in those ratings, he was more consistently high in those ratings when compared to most QBs in the NFL.

Apparently, guys like Tom Brady and Manning have a right to have 3 or 4 bad games a year, but Alex having 3 or 4 bad or so-so games = half the time he sucks.

I agree, Jake.. simply not true. Let's be real, here.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Apparently, guys like Tom Brady and Manning have a right to have 3 or 4 bad games a year, but Alex having 3 or 4 bad or so-so games = half the time he sucks.

What do these guys have in common ?

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Alex Smith

Give up ?

First time ballot HOF'ers

Let's be real here and stop being fooled by an average. Alex is anything but consistent compared to these QB's. Here's how many times each QB went below an 80 rating last year.

Notice, Smith was not very good in nearly half of his games. Notice the QB's who are more notable for being inconsistent or rookies. Also, these guys take more risks than Alex. Not only is Alex inconsistent, he actually tries to play safe. Imagine of some of those other QB's played safe. Alex is not very good.
Now Colin played on the same team and number of games yet only had 1 game under 80.

Aaron Rodgers: 0
Peyton Manning: 1
Colin Kaepernick: 1 ()
Ben Roethlisberger: 2
RG3: 3
Matt Ryan: 3
Drew Brees: 5
Tom Brady: 5

Alex Smith:4 (note, only 8.5 games).

Eli Manning: 6 (down year)
Tony Romo: 6
Matt Schaub: 7
Joe Flacco: 7
Matt Stafford: 8
Andrew Luck: 9
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Alex Smith

Give up ?

as an alex supporter i do have to be realistic...he wont make it in until the 2nd ballot
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Alex Smith

Give up ?

as an alex supporter i do have to be realistic...he wont make it in until the 2nd ballot

Let's be real here and stop being fooled by an average. Alex is anything but consistent compared to these QB's. Here's how many times each QB went below an 80 rating last year.

Notice, Smith was not very good in nearly half of his games. Notice the QB's who are more notable for being inconsistent or rookies. Also, these guys take more risks than Alex. Not only is Alex inconsistent, he actually tries to play safe. Imagine of some of those other QB's played safe. Alex is not very good.
Now Colin played on the same team and number of games yet only had 1 game under 80.

Aaron Rodgers: 0
Peyton Manning: 1
Colin Kaepernick: 1 ()
Ben Roethlisberger: 2
RG3: 3
Matt Ryan: 3
Drew Brees: 5
Tom Brady: 5

Alex Smith:4 (note, only 8.5 games).

Eli Manning: 6 (down year)
Tony Romo: 6
Matt Schaub: 7
Joe Flacco: 7
Matt Stafford: 8
Andrew Luck: 9

Interesting stats....especially since Alex only had 3 games under 80...and 2 of those were with an injured hand.

NYJ he had a 78.1 Of course he wasn't really needed as we ran all day on them.
NYG 43.1 First game after injuring hand vs Buffalo
SEA 74.5 2nd game after injuring hand.

Please note that the last two, not only was he injured but we're talking about 2 top tier defenses.

I don't know where you're getting the 4th.

What's more, if those are the only players you can name, then I'm pretty safe with my "better than most" comment. Based on 8.5 games he still showed more consistancy than all but 8 qbs you listed...and..that is assuming that he injures his hand again so that he'd have such horrible results.
Share 49ersWebzone