LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
I'm not going to sugar coat anything...CK is arguably a better QB than Smith but Smith did well for the past two and a half years...just as sporadic as Manning and Brady.

CK IS the better QB. No argument. But this thread I not about him. It's about the Chiefs and AS.

I added CK's numbers in to demonstrate a full year of SF QBing so I wouldn't be accused of cherry pick...oops, some folks are so full of hate that their reading comprehension is affected.

Are you referring to me with this comment?
"Look at the numbers...unless they don't show what I want...then look at the game...unless it doesn't show what I want...I hate the guy...you have to hate him as well...or I'm going to keep hounding you until the end of time...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha."

lol That's pretty much the attitude. Kinda sad and like funny at the same time.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang I just re-watched the 49ers/Cheifs game...poor Alex, he only trusts the RBs, and Fasano. And he had a few plays where he pulls the ball back down and panics when the pocket gets disrupted. Let alone against our backups.

If this is a sign of things to come, the Chiefs are going to have another long season.

let me suggest that you pop in tape of the 2011 saints playoff game or the eagles game same year, or smith's 18-19 gem vs cardinals, or the opener vs the packers and the buffalo game of last year, and you will get a better gauge of him as a qb than this practice game you watched, for a team with a new coach implementing a new system, with stiffs like jonathan baldwin..but that might not fit with where you want to go with all this

If Alex played consistently like the Saints or Eagles game then he would be a bonafide star in the league. Can't do it just once or twice.

This has been addressed a million times. Alex was more consistent than most of the QBs in the nfl through 2011 and 2012. And that includes the two games where his throwing hand was injured (giants and hawks).

Moreover, it is off topic unless you're going to say how it relates to the chiefs. This whole thread is becoming a "Alex Sucks/No he doesn't/ Kaep is better" thread and that was never the intention.

throwing hand was injured LOL
I'm not going to sugar coat anything...CK is arguably a better QB than Smith but Smith did well for the past two and a half years...just as sporadic as Manning and Brady.

CK IS the better QB. No argument. But this thread I not about him. It's about the Chiefs and AS.

I added CK's numbers in to demonstrate a full year of SF QBing so I wouldn't be accused of cherry pick...oops, some folks are so full of hate that their reading comprehension is affected.

Are you referring to me with this comment?

No, not at all. Referring to previous posts.
throwing hand was injured LOL

???
Your comment: "If Alex is so consistent, then why was his rating sporadic from game to game?" I answered your question showing the two best QBs in the NFL and their "sporadic ratings." Now compare to Smith and CK over last year.

So, who is WR 1 and WR 2 and so on? Looks like those elite QBs stats raise once they reach thier other receivers. Their WR 3 could be the RB whereas Alex's WR 1 could be the RB.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Dang I just re-watched the 49ers/Cheifs game...poor Alex, he only trusts the RBs, and Fasano. And he had a few plays where he pulls the ball back down and panics when the pocket gets disrupted. Let alone against our backups.

If this is a sign of things to come, the Chiefs are going to have another long season.

let me suggest that you pop in tape of the 2011 saints playoff game or the eagles game same year, or smith's 18-19 gem vs cardinals, or the opener vs the packers and the buffalo game of last year, and you will get a better gauge of him as a qb than this practice game you watched, for a team with a new coach implementing a new system, with stiffs like jonathan baldwin..but that might not fit with where you want to go with all this

If Alex played consistently like the Saints or Eagles game then he would be a bonafide star in the league. Can't do it just once or twice.
19-5-1
Originally posted by Joecool:
So, who is WR 1 and WR 2 and so on? Looks like those elite QBs stats raise once they reach thier other receivers. Their WR 3 could be the RB whereas Alex's WR 1 could be the RB.

Who's on first? You made a silly statement, I showed how silly it was and now you want to add context? LOL! Now numbers don't support your statement...waffle on oh great columbia!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Your comment: "If Alex is so consistent, then why was his rating sporadic from game to game?" I answered your question showing the two best QBs in the NFL and their "sporadic ratings." Now compare to Smith and CK over last year.

take tom brady off the list--those short passes to wes welker were too easy
So, we had enough of this and ready to it down for good? No more Alex talk on the WZ. New Rule!

Or is this just fun now?

I just want to follow the Chiefs and that includes Smith, and who ever is on the team -- like Jenkins . And occasionally do a reasonable discussion. But I know how it is, so I just have to put up with the rest of the BS. Let it roll! Let it roll!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I just want to follow the Chiefs and that includes Smith, and who ever is on the team -- like Jenkins . And occasionally do a reasonable discussion. But I know how it is, so I just have to put up with the rest of the BS. Let it roll! Let it roll!

Well said! A sense of humor is a must!
I don't want this thread locked. I think it's ok to discuss and analyze Smith game to game, and hope that people would stop coming to his defense by bringing up stuff in the past that he's done (which we are all well aware of already), lets just analyze him game to game, because in reality that's all that matters right? Which is why they say "you're only as good as your last game".
I don't want this thread locked. I think it's ok to discuss and analyze Smith game to game, and hope that people would stop coming to his defense by bringing up stuff in the past that he's done (which we are all well aware of already), lets just analyze him game to game, because in reality that's all that matters right? Which is why they say "you're only as good as your last game".

If you are saying no one should bring up the past--in support or to detract--then maybe, but that seems unlikely. We all judge the present with knowledge of the past. The numbers I presented are not cherry picked but some will see it that way because they want to do so...they want to judge. The numbers are pure statistical comparisons of two great QBs and then Smith/CK during the same year.

Numbers are neither positive or negative...they are just numbers for people to think about, and a refutation of a negative comment that made no sense. As far as getting the thread locked? It will be from those who make it personal with one-line put downs and no added value...just as it has forever in the zone. Trolling...a long revered past time for some.

Sadly, some of these posters are actually funny and valued in most contexts...just not when it comes to a player they dislike.

where was your game to game analysis after the sainst game where he was 7-8 and led his team to a td on his only drive? I suspect you only want to add analysis to the games where he isnt as good
[ Edited by hofer36 on Aug 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone