There are 234 users in the forums

Aldon will get paid, Clay Matthews extended

Shop 49ers game tickets
We will find a way to keep him. You can not let these types of rushers walk. We will make it happen, as long as he is happy being a 49er. We may just have to wave g'bye to some other good players to do it. Maybe we don't pay huge contracts to our LG? Maybe we don't give Tarell Brown what he will want next offseason? Maybe we let Crabtree go on to Dallas. Tough moves... but we have to put Aldon and hopefully Kaepernick at the top of the list of key targets to keep happy. We will open up cap room by saying g'bye to Goodwin, Whitner, and a few others.
^ add the release of Rogers too.
Its too bad they dont have a system in place that cuts a players $$ against the cap by a certain percentage if they are with the team that drafted them. This would keep teams together and encourage teams to really go out and do their homework for the draft.
It would be great to see your favorite players have a chance to retire with your team
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
If you look at it Anthony Davis played LT all the way through college and his first year in the NFL was the first time he was to play RT in his career. He can easily take Joe Staley's spot if he had to. It may seem funny now to people but do not think for one minute that they can not be traded. There is NO WAY we can have 9 - 10 players with the contracts they are getting paid 5-10 mill a year and continue to give out extended contracts. Kaepernick alone is going to make a ton of money unless Baalke agrees to give him a hand job every night before he goes to bed. I believe Rogers gets cut but someone or some players has to take a huge cut to avoid getting traded. The Clay Matthews and Tony Romo contracts killed the market. Prices will continue to go up more than likely which is the worst part.

It still doesn't make any sense to trade Joe Staley for cap space when his deal is a cap friendly deal.

Oh I see, you replied to my post but never actually read it.
[ Edited by dhp318 on Apr 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
sucks
matthews is not worth that kind of money. maybe like 8-9 million

now aldon smith is gonna break the bank.
but he probably was anyways lol
Rodgers is pissed and will holdout
Ware got close to 80 mil. Peppers got 84. Mario Williams got 96.

Sack artists and qb are the most expensive positions in football. I highly doubt 5 and 65 will cut it with Aldon.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
We will find a way to keep him. You can not let these types of rushers walk. We will make it happen, as long as he is happy being a 49er. We may just have to wave g'bye to some other good players to do it. Maybe we don't pay huge contracts to our LG? Maybe we don't give Tarell Brown what he will want next offseason? Maybe we let Crabtree go on to Dallas. Tough moves... but we have to put Aldon and hopefully Kaepernick at the top of the list of key targets to keep happy. We will open up cap room by saying g'bye to Goodwin, Whitner, and a few others.

Totally agree. We won't be able to sign everyone but Aldon will be one that we do. Arguably the 2 most important positions in the NFL are QB and pass rusher. When you find an elite pass rusher you just don't let em walk.
I can't see paying that kind of money, it screws up the cap for years. The Patriots never pay that kind of money to anybody but their QB, (maybe that's why they haven't been to the SB in years). In today's NFL the CFO is as important as the coaching staff.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Honestly I rather let him walk just for that much. I hate to say it but something has got to give on defense and us paying all the money on the offensive line. Kaepernick will have a contract coming up so I see a fan upsetting trade coming up shortly. No way we extend Crabtree if we choose to extend Aldon. Honestly I can see Vernon Davis getting traded soon possibly or Joe Staley. Kaepernick is going to make bank and with contracts to Him, Ray McDonald, Vernon Davis, Patrick/NaVarro, Ahmad Brooks, Carlos Rogers, Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, and soon to be Iupati it is looking like someone gets traded.

Why would we trade Joe Staley? Dude makes cap friendly money for being a quality left tackle. More likely, we will be simply cutting Rogers and restructuring some other deals in order to make room for Aldon and Kaep. But there's no chance in hell that we let Aldon walk. He's the 2nd most valuable player on this team (arguably even No. 1)

If you look at it Anthony Davis played LT all the way through college and his first year in the NFL was the first time he was to play RT in his career. He can easily take Joe Staley's spot if he had to. It may seem funny now to people but do not think for one minute that they can not be traded. There is NO WAY we can have 9 - 10 players with the contracts they are getting paid 5-10 mill a year and continue to give out extended contracts. Kaepernick alone is going to make a ton of money unless Baalke agrees to give him a hand job every night before he goes to bed. I believe Rogers gets cut but someone or some players has to take a huge cut to avoid getting traded. The Clay Matthews and Tony Romo contracts killed the market. Prices will continue to go up more than likely which is the worst part.

The sky is fallin - he sky is falling!

Again w/this nonsense.

As I recall from the Zone, There's no way we can keep Willis and Boman - who are we going to let go? And the nonsense debate started.

Ringgg, Ringggg - this is the FO calling and we signed both of them!

Once again, There is no way we can keep both Davis and Iupati - who are we going to keep? And the nonsense debate started.

Ringgg, Ringgg - FO calling - AGAIN. We just resigned Davis and we're in negotiations w/Iupati.

Now the nonsense starts again w/ Staley, Aldon - yada, yada, yada.

Wake up call - our FO will do a great job in signing the right guys at the right price at the right time.

Get over it already.
lol at people complaining last off season that $7 mill a year for Brooks is too much

I'd take Brooks for 7 mill a year over Matthews for 13 mill a year any day
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Apr 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Garcia:

lulz aint nobody got a chance against Iupati.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Wow Matthews is the most overrated player in the league. I cant believe they paid him that much. Hes worthless against the run, it looks like 11 on 10 when opposing teams run against the Pack. The niners exposed him twice last year. I guess big biceps equal big money. Maybe its the hair.
To the point, the niners will eventually have to let stars walk. The wont be able to pay everyone. It really sucks but unfortunately its part of todays game.

Agreed. At the beginning of this last years playoff game he was shouting, "Oh No here comes the big bad 49ers" Then we go out and make him and the Packers look like children. He is such a tool who thinks to highly of himself.

Glad pack tied up all that money on him. He is overrated, and just looked so lost and confused against the Niners. His look reminded me of Jason Sehorne's expression in the huge comeback against the giants when he had no answer to what TO was doing to him. Even the announcers were pointing it out.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The sky is fallin - he sky is falling!

Again w/this nonsense.

As I recall from the Zone, There's no way we can keep Willis and Boman - who are we going to let go? And the nonsense debate started.

Ringgg, Ringggg - this is the FO calling and we signed both of them!

Once again, There is no way we can keep both Davis and Iupati - who are we going to keep? And the nonsense debate started.

Ringgg, Ringgg - FO calling - AGAIN. We just resigned Davis and we're in negotiations w/Iupati.

Now the nonsense starts again w/ Staley, Aldon - yada, yada, yada.

Wake up call - our FO will do a great job in signing the right guys at the right price at the right time.

Get over it already.

Share 49ersWebzone