There are 173 users in the forums

Other Teams' Message Boards

Shop 49ers game tickets
OTOH-
Originally Posted by BroncoWave
I'm finding myself pulling for SF for some reason. GB is a scary team to me with Rodgers going. GB or New Orleans would scare me most in a potential SB matchup. They are the only two teams in the NFC with the offense to keep up with us IMO.

King87 said
You want no part of SF. Your linebackers will get disrespected by Kap. I honestly think he would run on you guys for 200 yards.
LMAO those Broncos fans are so out of touch with reality. They've been reading too much of Mike Florio's garbage.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
And then there's Denver----

Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks
He's a douche, just like their coach. That is quite the thuggy, loudmouth team. Works well when you are winning, but that attitude went south for the Jets after a couple seasons...I'll be rooting for the Hawks and don't care for Carroll in the least.

Joel said-
Well, it IS a novelty; off the field, he usually seems to impersonate the local meth dealer offering the hook up so he can pay for some more ink (if he can find a patch of bare flesh.) I don't have much of an issue with Harbaugh; for a guy who was second best to Jim McMahon, he's done pretty well for himself. The team and their fanbase though are another matter; very thuggy, and SF fans have had huge egos ever since they emerged from 40 years of futility to buy 5 SBs in the era that prompted the Eddie DeBartolo Jr. Memorial Salary Cap.
I'm forced to root for Seattles equally arrogant thugs, then hope they lose the SB so rampant 'roid addiction doesn't leave us with Carroll vacating a pro championship just like his amateur "championship."Really though, I can't stand ANY of the other remaining teams. I find it ironic that—of the four teams left—the one that just broke over half a dozen season scoring records is LEAST full of itself.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/574643-Kaepernick-mimics-Cam-s-TD-pose

Apparently not being full of yourself doesn't extend to the Broncos spoiled stuck up rich fan base.
A few people were having a GOAT debate over at JetsInsider.com. The name of the thread is "Joe Montana >>>>> Everyone else"

jetstssjumets says
"Montana is certainly better than P. Manning or Tammy for sure. Best ever, I was not around for Unitas so i cannot comment. By the way, speaking as a NYK fans, Michael Jordan was pretty damn good too. Don't dare put Manning and Jordan in the same discussion. Not even close."

SlickBri481 says
"1986 Giants 49 49ers 3,
Yes, I watch football. Montana played mediocre Ds in the SB. The Broncos were barely even a top 10 NFL team that one year.
Montana does not have any special ability to beat a great D he's looked very very mortal when he's face them. Even the 1990 NFC CG what did he score 13 points?"

Untouchable says-
"Montana played during an era when defenders like LT, Reggie White, Randy White, Keith Millard, Joe Klecko, Jack Lambert, Carl Banks, Dave Butz, Mike Singletary, etc were allowed to smack the dogsh*t out of QB's.
The guy was absolutely phenomenal with the game on the line and pulled off the kind of sh*t late in games that you would think was only possible in some kind of over-exaggerated movie on the silver screen.
To even attempt to downplay this guys accomplishments is extremely misguided to say the least."

Originally Posted by SlickBri481
"You did not name a single defender Montana played in any of his SBs. Telling. When he played those top guys, he sucked. Couldn't score, got sacked, got injured, etc. Montana is a very good player, a legend, but he would have had no chance in this game. There's nothing he can do on a football field that would have even concerned the Seahawks. Rice may have concerned them but Sherman could probably slow him enough.
Young would have a far better chance to beat the Seahawks than Montana."

JoeyStylez says
"I'm not taking anything away from the Seahawks and what they did tonight. Complete domination by their D. But if you put this Seahwaks team against the '89 49ers, it's whole different outcome."
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/263297-Joe-Montana-gt-gt-gt-gt-gt-Everyone-else/page2
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM ]

Untouchable says-
"Montana played during an era when defenders like LT, Reggie White, Randy White, Keith Millard, Joe Klecko, Jack Lambert, Carl Banks, Dave Butz, Mike Singletary, etc were allowed to smack the dogsh*t out of QB's.
The guy was absolutely phenomenal with the game on the line and pulled off the kind of sh*t late in games that you would think was only possible in some kind of over-exaggerated movie on the silver screen.
To even attempt to downplay this guys accomplishments is extremely misguided to say the least."

This guy nailed it.
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=89603

lmfao this is total cherry picking but okay
[ Edited by lucky_49 on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:55 PM ]
A few people were having a GOAT debate over at JetsInsider.com. The name of the thread is "Joe Montana >>>>> Everyone else"

jetstssjumets says
"Montana is certainly better than P. Manning or Tammy for sure. Best ever, I was not around for Unitas so i cannot comment. By the way, speaking as a NYK fans, Michael Jordan was pretty damn good too. Don't dare put Manning and Jordan in the same discussion. Not even close."

SlickBri481 says
"1986 Giants 49 49ers 3,
Yes, I watch football. Montana played mediocre Ds in the SB. The Broncos were barely even a top 10 NFL team that one year.
Montana does not have any special ability to beat a great D he's looked very very mortal when he's face them. Even the 1990 NFC CG what did he score 13 points?"

Untouchable says-

"You did not name a single defender Montana played in any of his SBs. Telling. When he played those top guys, he sucked. Couldn't score, got sacked, got injured, etc. Montana is a very good player, a legend, but he would have had no chance in this game. There's nothing he can do on a football field that would have even concerned the Seahawks. Rice may have concerned them but Sherman could probably slow him enough.

JoeyStylez says
"I'm not taking anything away from the Seahawks and what they did tonight. Complete domination by their D. But if you put this Seahwaks team against the '89 49ers, it's whole different outcome."
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/263297-Joe-Montana-gt-gt-gt-gt-gt-Everyone-else/page2

sherman slow down Rice??? get the f**k out of here lol. Montana is the most clutch QB of all time, he would s**t all over the seahawks
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

jetstssjumets says

SlickBri481 says
"1986 Giants 49 49ers 3,

Untouchable says-

JoeyStylez says

sherman slow down Rice??? get the f**k out of here lol. Montana is the most clutch QB of all time, he would s**t all over the seahawks

Sherman couldn't get close enough to put his hands on rice. Someone asked this in an interview, if rice thought sherman could lock him down, and he says something like

i loved playing guys like that. everyone thought they could slow me down

lol

GOAT

Originally posted by xtm059:

jetstssjumets says

SlickBri481 says
"1986 Giants 49 49ers 3,

Untouchable says-

JoeyStylez says

Sherman couldn't get close enough to put his hands on rice. Someone asked this in an interview, if rice thought sherman could lock him down, and he says something like

lol

GOAT

ya i saw that interview. he said the key to beating guys like that was to take the fight to them and put hands on them first. nobody f**ks with Jerry Rice. GOAT vs goat s**t
Originally posted by xtm059:

jetstssjumets says

SlickBri481 says
"1986 Giants 49 49ers 3,

Untouchable says-

JoeyStylez says

lol

GOAT

ya i saw that interview. he said the key to beating guys like that was to take the fight to them and put hands on them first. nobody f**ks with Jerry Rice. GOAT vs goat s**t

Yeah playing one on one with Jerry was suicide. He opened the field big time for others to make plays and get open.
LMFAO! Patriots fans, their logic is undeniable! Aye Carumba!

(Thread title) With all the legacy talk: What would it take for Brady to overtake Montana?
Christian said:
Brady just needs one more ring. That's it. One more ring and he's the greatest.

Winning 4 and losing 2 is better than winning 4. Why? IT's HARD TO GET TO THE SUPERBOWL. Not to mention, he was 2 plays away from winning 2 more.

Throw in the career stats, all time playoff wins, playoff record, etc etc....and Brady has him beat.

Palm Beach Pats Fan said:
Montana is 4-0.

the following analysis was one I posted in the Manning legacy thread.

one more ring and Tom passes Joe.

Joe Montana's career would have been even greater if he had been 4-3 in Super Bowls rather than 4-0.

If he had been 4-3, it would have meant that 3 extra times he would have won rather than lost in conference championship games. It is better to advance further in the playoffs, is it not?

To argue otherwise is the same as arguing that Brady was better / more successful than Manning in the postseason this year, since he lost the AFCCG rather than winning it, giving him no opportunity to even play in the Super Bowl.

consider a Super Bowl win a gold medal
consider a Super Bowl appearance with a loss as a silver medal (it should NOT be regarded as the worst of all possible season outcomes!)
consider an conference championship appearance with a loss as a bronze medal
consider anything else to be just a participation ribbon!

For his 14 healthy seasons, Montana amassed:
4 golds, no silvers, 3 bronzes

For his 12 healthy seasons, Brady has amassed:
3 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes

Yes, IMO Montana's 4 golds, no silvers, & 3 bronzes beats Brady's 3 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes

Imagine a Brady win in either of the next two seasons though. You'd have both QBs playing 14 complete and healthy years, and then:

Brady's 4 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes clearly beats
Montana's 4 golds, no silvers, & 3 bronzes

Same deal if you imagined that the helmet catch never happened. Tom would have already surpassed Joe. But, alas, the helmet catch did happen.

Tom is closer to Joe IMO than Tom is close to Manning, who is several rungs below him

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1097530-all-legacy-talk-what-would-take-brady-overtake-montana.html
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM ]

(Thread title) With all the legacy talk: What would it take for Brady to overtake Montana?
Christian said:

Winning 4 and losing 2 is better than winning 4. Why? IT's HARD TO GET TO THE SUPERBOWL. Not to mention, he was 2 plays away from winning 2 more.

Throw in the career stats, all time playoff wins, playoff record, etc etc....and Brady has him beat.

Montana is 4-0.

Joe Montana's career would have been even greater if he had been 4-3 in Super Bowls rather than 4-0.

If he had been 4-3, it would have meant that 3 extra times he would have won rather than lost in conference championship games. It is better to advance further in the playoffs, is it not?

To argue otherwise is the same as arguing that Brady was better / more successful than Manning in the postseason this year, since he lost the AFCCG rather than winning it, giving him no opportunity to even play in the Super Bowl.

consider a Super Bowl appearance with a loss as a silver medal (it should NOT be regarded as the worst of all possible season outcomes!)

Yes, IMO Montana's 4 golds, no silvers, & 3 bronzes beats Brady's 3 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes

Imagine a Brady win in either of the next two seasons though. You'd have both QBs playing 14 complete and healthy years, and then:

Same deal if you imagined that the helmet catch never happened. Tom would have already surpassed Joe. But, alas, the helmet catch did happen.

Tom is closer to Joe IMO than Tom is close to Manning, who is several rungs below him

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1097530-all-legacy-talk-what-would-take-brady-overtake-montana.html

LOL who gives a crap about "silver and bronze" medals?? If you dont win the SB, you failed.

And yes, NOT winning the Super Bowl when you have the opportunity in front of you is considered a bad thing. Since when is being 4-2 better than being 4-0 in anything?

Montana had 4 shots at a title, and not only did he win all 4, he was the MVP in 3 of them. The only time he didnt win MVP was ironically his most legendary game.

Brady just doesnt match up. He had the chance, but fell on his face twice. He also needed Adam Vinatieri to win all of his rings.

There will never be another Joe Montana, no matter how hard the east coast darling franchises want to spin things.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Christian said:

Montana is 4-0.

LOL who gives a crap about "silver and bronze" medals?? If you dont win the SB, you failed.

And yes, NOT winning the Super Bowl when you have the opportunity in front of you is considered a bad thing. Since when is being 4-2 better than being 4-0 in anything?

Montana had 4 shots at a title, and not only did he win all 4, he was the MVP in 3 of them. The only time he didnt win MVP was ironically his most legendary game.

Brady just doesnt match up. He had the chance, but fell on his face twice. He also needed Adam Vinatieri to win all of his rings.

There will never be another Joe Montana, no matter how hard the east coast darling franchises want to spin things.

Yep... Vinatieri won their SBs. They haven't won one since they lost Vinatieri... and getting busted for filming the other teams' walkthroughs.
Hmmm...

Yeah, with all that hanging over Brady, he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as Montana.
Share 49ersWebzone