There are 148 users in the forums

British discus thrower looking to play in NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/31/british-discus-thrower-hoping-to-make-it-in-the-nfl/

It will probably turn out to be nothing, but Lawrence Okoye played rugby before concentrating on discus. Good size for a 3-4 DE though at 6'-6" 294 lbs - -21 years old.

I'll be interested to see how this turns out. With 90 roster spots this is the kind of thing that seems fun to experiment with. Kinda like Renaldo Nehemiah.

We had better luck with field event stars (Michael Carter), than track stars (Nehemiah), so you never know.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 31, 2013 at 5:52 PM ]
Is he related to Christian Okoye
GETT HEEEEMMM
Discus. Discuss is what we do here. Sort of.
championship?
Originally posted by English:

I thought the British were discussing some type of thrower.
Originally posted by English:

Duh. Can't believe I didn't notice that
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
He looks sexy. I want.

I wonder what his workout numbers were.

Would long arms or short arms be better for discus? I have no idea what qualities are ideal for a discus thrower.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
He looks sexy. I want.

I wonder what his workout numbers were.

Would long arms or short arms be better for discus? I have no idea what qualities are ideal for a discus thrower.

I would imagine longer arms would be better for discus. Longer lever, more force.

Regardless, dude's 6'6"; I'm sure his arms are plenty long.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Is he related to Christian Okoye

I don't believe so, no links on search about it and the news would have already been all over it. He is Nigerian, tho...

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Dude looks beastly
I'd be down to take a flyer on him. If anyone can turn him into a quality NFL player, Jim Tomsula can.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I'd be down to take a flyer on him. If anyone can turn him into a quality NFL player, Jim Tomsula can.

Interesting guy, athletic freak,played rugby, ran the 100m in under 11 seconds, for a guy 6-6 290lbs........doubt he gets drafted but yeah if Tomsula gets a hold of him

[ Edited by jimrat on Mar 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM ]
If you are an old timer.......we had a guy Jeff Stover that tried out for our team. He was 6 6 275 and he ran a 4.6. He was a really
good player for us and may have had 10 sacks one year.

We have a great coaching staff look what they did with Bruce Miiller. Why not take a late rounder on him.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
If you are an old timer.......we had a guy Jeff Stover that tried out for our team. He was 6 6 275 and he ran a 4.6. He was a really
good player for us and may have had 10 sacks one year.

We have a great coaching staff look what they did with Bruce Miiller. Why not take a late rounder on him.

I believe he'd be a free agent.
Share 49ersWebzone