LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Whitner gone....now it's time for Tarrell Brown, he's gotta come back now.

Keeping Brown isn't a must. CB is the deepest position in this FA market.
I'll always remember him for knocking out Pierre Thomas. That was a major turning point in that game even in the 1st quarter. 2011 was a great year. Too bad Kyle Williams f***ed it all up. DW's time was well spent here but he'll be happy to end his career in his own backyard. He'll still never win s**t.
Goodbye Lumber Co
Wow, at 8-8.5 per for the Browns sake I hope it's 2-3 years and not 4-5. Hopefully he can help change the Browns culture; I'd like to see them start winning. Either way at 8-8.5 that's way over paying eve if it's for a year or 2 and I'm glad we didn't pay that. If he was 25-26 maybe but not at 29. Time to bargain hunt or use the draft.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'll always remember him for knocking out Pierre Thomas. That was a major turning point in that game even in the 1st quarter. 2011 was a great year. Too bad Kyle Williams f***ed it all up. DW's time was well spent here but he'll be happy to end his career in his own backyard. He'll still never win s**t.

That hit and Gary Plummer vs. the Bills are the two best hits I can remember seeing from a 49ers player. Complete game changers and tone setting crushes.
Will miss Whitner's intensity, but if we can land Mike Mitchell, or say a Calvin Pryor in the draft, I would be perfectly fine. The most ideal scenario would be to get both.

Mitchell would be an ideal replacement. He bring most of the things Whitner does. Might not be quite as good, but with our coaching, he could elevate to another level. He's younger too, and would come on a much more cap-friendly deal.
Hopefully we can get an upgrade over him.
Silver lining: he is helping to drive up Earl Thomas' price.
Definitely not worth that kind of money, but I wish him well all the same. Good luck Donte, and thanks for all you did as a 9er.

I think we're going to use the money to extend/sign others: Kaepernick, Crabtree, Aldon, Phil Dawson, etc.

Will miss Whitner's intensity, but if we can land Mike Mitchell, or say a Calvin Pryor in the draft, I would be perfectly fine. The most ideal scenario would be to get both.

Mitchell would be an ideal replacement. He bring most of the things Whitner does. Might not be quite as good, but with our coaching, he could elevate to another level. He's younger too, and would come on a much more cap-friendly deal.
The browns? Rumor mill has it that he's now changing his name to Donte Sh*tner.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
The browns are looking into revis too.Revis,Whitner and Joe Haden a mini l.o.b.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
The browns are looking into revis too.Revis,Whitner and Joe Haden a mini l.o.b.

Yes, except they'll have to pay more than the chump change that Seattle's paying for their LOB...which will be separated in the next few years when Sherman wants Revis money.

Not a chance, not with the insane salaries teams are throwing around, going potato beyond belief.
Share 49ersWebzone