There are 184 users in the forums

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Report: #49ers hosting Free Agent S Mike Mitchell http://t.co/UQkCej8llq

Real. s**t just got it.
  • pfizz
whitner popping champagne on his instagram. good luck in cleveland.
mike mitchell would be a nice replacement...
Originally posted by pfizz:

link
Cleveland sucks.

"You like it? You think Cleveland's cool? I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good about Cleveland?"

-Joakim Noah
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Is Mitchell any good?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

link

http://instagram.com/p/laP54qRFHa/
  • thl408
Originally posted by kray28:
Is Mitchell any good?

I also would like to know. Anyone have a good scouting report on this guy?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Is Mitchell any good?

Yup. Below is what a Panther fan had to say about him on another site. Seems like he brings some toughness to that secondary:

I agree that hard-balling most of our FAs would be a good idea. I definitely don't want to see us over-pay for Captain or Lafell. I would be a little more inclined to give Mitchell a little more if that's what it took to keep him. Sure our front 7 may have made him look a little better than he would have looked on some other team. However, the attitude and toughness that he brought to the defense (which was lacking previously) has nothing to do with the front 7 in my opinion. That's just who he is and how he plays. We would miss that if we were to not bring him back. Now that we have Hardy back on board Mitchell should be next on the agenda.
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Yeah, He is underratted here but he also isnt worth what the Brown's are probably going to pay him. At some point you just get priced out of the market on guys. There are people you break the bank for...pass rushers, QB's..but a strong safety, even a good one isnt going to be one of those spots. There are guys out there cheaper who are only a little worse and you could draft a kid early and have him possibly be better. I know people are saying we dont go with a rookie, but with out Safety positions being considered more interchangeable than most I think that is a real possiblity.

He's way overrated. He made the pro bowl because he plays for the 49ers and is surrounded by great players. He will be a major liabilty on Cleveland like he was in Buffalo. The Bills did not even try to keep him and only the 49ers and Bengals went after him when he became a FA.
UHH.. he was pretty decent Buffalo to there guy....I dont think you really have a great grasp of what a typical SS does. Very few are all world coverage guys...that is what the Free safety is for. He actually got a little exposed in our defense because we ask the SS to cover more and still performed well enough to be in the middle to upper tier of his position. I am not saying he is a super star...but he isnt over rated....especially on these boards where people act like his is captain caveman.

Originally posted by thl408:
Is Mitchell any good?

4 Ints 10 PDs starting 15 games last year along with 52 tackles
how are mitchell's coverage skills
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Is Mitchell any good?

4 Ints 10 PDs starting 15 games last year along with 52 tackles

and he caused sam bradfords torn acl, perfect fit.
Is Mitchell any good?

The 26-year-old, started 14 games for Carolina in 2013, recording 66 tackles, four interceptions, 3.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. Ranked 19th in coverage among all safeties according to Pro Football Focus.
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

link

http://instagram.com/p/laP54qRFHa/

People posting hate are little trolls. Sucks but not concerned. Leadership may take a hit(ner) but I think younger legs are in order.
Share 49ersWebzone