LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Catch the ball with two feet down and its a touchdown. Play was technically over. Then the receiver was hit. In the field of play you can hit after e catch. Not in the endzone.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Whitner made that hit. Not Hitner. Hitner is the guy we brought in to replace Whitner, because Whitner was getting too many penalties/fines.

Thanks for the heads up. Good point.
The deference shown Matthews is sickening to me...the guy committed a penalty off the field and gets a slap on the wrist...thanks to an uncle in the H of F.
Nice. Yup, upon further review it was not a td and whitner did not aim deliberately for the head. NFL owes him money.

It was never ruled a TD anyway. It was ruled incomplete no matter what. Also, Whitner...err Hitner was not flagged for a hit to the head. He was flagged for hit on a defenseless receiver. AS THE RULE IS WRITTEN, it was the correct call. The rule itself - and the way it's judged - is total trash, however.
[ Edited by trellblaze on Oct 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM ]
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Nice. Yup, upon further review it was not a td and whitner did not aim deliberately for the head. NFL owes him money.

It was never ruled a TD anyway. It was ruled incomplete no matter what. Also, Whitner...err Hitner was not flagged for a hit to the head. He was flagged for hit on a defenseless receiver. AS THE RULE IS WRITTEN, it was the correct call. The rule itself - and the way it's judged - is total trash, however.

Man, you are spot on today! Keep it going!
I should learn not to work and post in threads at the same time before actually looking at play calls seriously. One second glances at a vid and 25 things goings on don't mix. Clearly after a real look at it though, that guy with the Browns would have caught the ball if Whitner didn't hit him.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The deference shown Matthews is sickening to me...the guy committed a penalty off the field and gets a slap on the wrist...thanks to an uncle in the H of F.

Exactly. My issue is I don't understand how Whitner can be fined $21,000 for that hit, even if it were technically illegal, while Matthews was only fined $15,000 for a blatant launching at a QB out of bounds.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Whitner is playing the way I would like our D to play. Not his fault the refs sucks!
Who the hell is Whitner? -I know we got a Hitner... oh boy, is he related to Carlos Rodgers?

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Who the hell is Whitner? -I know we got a Hitner... oh boy, is he related to Carlos Rodgers?

Soooo true. Can you imagine being a Packers fan coming over here for the past three matchups and constantly reading about Carlos RoDgers? LMAO. "Their fans are so delusional they actually think Aaron plays for them!" Such a pet peeve of mine...at least know the names of the players as a fan!

He got a big pee pee
Just kidding.

Whitner, Reid Play as Formidable Tandem
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Whitner-Reid-Play-as-Formidable-Tandem/c8faf408-9a76-4d22-8192-829456f725e7

I love having him on this team and am not at all on board with the one's around here who think they are smarter than Harbaugh and think he should go.

Crazy talk.
He is having a good year so far. Last season was less than solid.

Im glad he is playing well, but this is his last year as a 49er IMO.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He is having a good year so far. Last season was less than solid.

Im glad he is playing well, but this is his last year as a 49er IMO.

I agree. Even if he continues to ball out, we can't afford him. So unless he is looking to take a severe paycut to remain with the time, which would be nice, but not wise on his part, he's gone. It's unfortunate because he's one of my favorite 49ers to hear from.
Maybe he will take the pay cut to stay here. We need to draft dbs next year anyway though. He is playing inspired this season.
Share 49ersWebzone