LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
f**k Whitner, If we had a real Safety playing that night, we would have easily won the Super Bowl.

exactly it!! I need find the safety is real for talent than dumb plays like whitner!! I don't want to see whitner plays for us!!
Originally posted by ayetee:
We ought to go easy on this post starter, he obviously had no idea what SS's main functions are and had no clue what dead money means. Cut him some slack, ok? We were all green horns once.

who da f*** says green horn
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I don't want to see Donte Whitner plays for us because he is still sux and idiot to plays!! ... I am so disappoined that Goldson sign to Bucs... Damn you at Goldson!!

I'm glad BuZzB is on my side!
Whitner won't be around next year. If we can find someone better I'm sure coach will make the switch. Baalke and Coach work from the inside out, if the DL is fortified and healthy Whitner won't be that much of a liability. His hit in the playoffs against the Saints defined what this team is all about.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
I don't want to see Donte Whitner plays for us because he is still sux and idiot to plays!! ... I am so disappoined that Goldson sign to Bucs... Damn you at Goldson!!

I'm glad BuZzB is on my side!
yeah, I am so glad that u support me cuz i wanted the win games that always.. u know... I am glad that u trust me that i dislike whitner cuz he is idiot and aweful plays!!! I need to find the SS or FS for real talent and hope draft the college SS or FS for either! I need to find the hit hard and smart to plays how win games that i am looking for..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Mar 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM ]
Put yourself in any qb's shoes, and then place your options in front of you. SS is always a major weakness in the secondary when it comes to the pass.

We kill the run and they know that so they pick on him since we "were" good against the pass last year. (Yes we took it on the chin by some greats and soon to be greats) but our secondary was top tier. Pair last year against anyone's and they could stand beside them even when our rush was dwindling.
Can we get a list of Strong Safeties that are Cover guys. I would like to see about six?
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
f**k Whitner, If we had a real Safety playing that night, we would have easily won the Super Bowl.

exactly it!! I need find the safety is real for talent than dumb plays like whitner!! I don't want to see whitner plays for us!!

This is Whitner's last year we all are going to have to deal with it
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
Put yourself in any qb's shoes, and then place your options in front of you. SS is always a major weakness in the secondary when it comes to the pass.

We kill the run and they know that so they pick on him since we "were" good against the pass last year. (Yes we took it on the chin by some greats and soon to be greats) but our secondary was top tier. Pair last year against anyone's and they could stand beside them even when our rush was dwindling.

This is a fair point. Whitner was 3rd on the team in tackles with 83 (62 solo) which is about 40-70 tackles less than both Willis/Bowman, respectively. So we would need to find an equal replacement for his run defense.

Ideally, we'd also like a taller/physical SS in the 6'2"+ range who, schematically, VF feels comfortable playing physical up tight at the LOS esp. in the RZ/EZ where Whitner was abused last year giving taller/bigger TE's and WR's free releases every single time (and in previous years as well).

That said, I don't think even a rookie would give up 14 TD's to be honest. This is an a HUGE liability and a year older, Whitner isn't going to suddenly get better.

Now, VF is an idiot himself for schematically matching Whitner up in this scenario every time and NEVER wavering from it despite forcing extra underneath coverage by Willis/Bowman/Brooks to help out. And we STILL got torched.

This is a VERY bad sign going forward and it needs to be fixed quickly. We all love Whitner's attitude and intangibles but this is a passing league (esp. against us - why bother running?) so no doubt, I believe HarBaalke will be looking to significantly upgrade the coverage not only at FS, SS but also RCB (Rogers).
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]

Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
Can we get a list of Strong Safeties that are Cover guys. I would like to see about six?

I'm not saying they need to be strictly a cover guy.. I'm saying they atleast need to be competent in pass coverage.. Not worst in the league giving up like 14 td's or something ridiculous like that.. Plus, this draft has a ton of guys that I already mentioned who are legitimate strong safeties and have better coverage skills than Whitner
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Wouldn't be mad if we drafted this kid.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is a fair point. Whitner was 3rd on the team in tackles with 83 (62 solo) which is about 40-70 tackles less than both Willis/Bowman, respectively. So we would need to find an equal replacement for his run defense.

Ideally, we'd also like a taller/physical SS in the 6'2"+ range who, schematically, VF feels comfortable playing physical up tight at the LOS esp. in the RZ/EZ where Whitner was abused last year giving taller/bigger TE's and WR's free releases every single time (and in previous years as well).

That said, I don't think even a rookie would give up 14 TD's to be honest. This is an a HUGE liability and a year older, Whitner isn't going to suddenly get better.

Now, VF is an idiot himself for schematically matching Whitner up in this scenario every time and NEVER wavering from it despite forcing extra underneath coverage by Willis/Bowman/Brooks to help out. And we STILL got torched.

This is a VERY bad sign going forward and it needs to be fixed quickly. We all love Whitner's attitude and intangibles but this is a passing league (esp. against us - why bother running?) so no doubt, I believe HarBaalke will be looking to significantly upgrade the coverage not only at FS, SS but also RCB (Rogers).

Why can't Brooks cover the TE? Manny Lawson could!

Lulz.

When I saw Lawson had signed with the Bills, my first thought was, "I should tell NC that we should have signed him... to play SS!"
49ers should not draft plug & play rookies in the secondary and on the defensive line for the 2013 season. Opposing offenses will game plan target and torch these rookies. Our SB window is now. We need to bolster the secondary and the pass rush with experienced players. Do whatever it takes to replace Whitner.

Then in the draft get CK7 the weapons finish off the offense trade up for Patterson or if disaster strikes and we can't get him trade up for the big 6'5 RZ TE Eifert.

49ers would still hold a ton of picks to draft for the defense.
So let's try and get either Lance Shulters back or even Tony Parrish.
Share 49ersWebzone