LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

HC Marvin Lewis on the idea that Bengals need a veteran WR...

Shop 49ers game tickets
"What did Randy Moss do for (the 49ers) last year? He did nothing. He got in the way of a younger player performing."
What younger players? Crabtree had a great year and I believe he wouldn't have been as good if not for Moss
Originally posted by CityKing415:
What younger players? Crabtree had a great year and I believe he wouldn't have been as good if not for Moss

I suppose he's referring to AJ Jenkins.
[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]
Yea but It was pretty obvious AJ wasn't ready anyway
Originally posted by PTulini:
"What did Randy Moss do for (the 49ers) last year? He did nothing. He got in the way of a younger player performing."

He said that? What a douche. That is why he will never been a top notch coach.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
After a few days pass and if he realizes how unnecessary (and kinda lame) that comment was, he'll prolly wish he could take it back, lol.
I'm not offended by his comment. There's some truth to it, but i also see the benefits of having a vet. One coaches philosophy.
lol where did this come from Marvin? WHY HE HATE MOSS
Sounds like a warning to the Texans! Chad Johnson ain't worth the trouble! He used Moss as an example!
bengals gonna bungle.

Perhaps Marv thinks that AJ Jenkins was as ready as AJ Green was but he's sadly mistaken. Moss didn't block anything except the embarrassment that may have come Jenkins way by him getting on the field and looking lost. Moss was a great addition till he couldn't help himself with the GOAT talk Super Bowl week but aside from that he was and is the reason why Crabtree had such a big year along with the other WRs benefitting as well.

Usually coaches are smart enough to know that nothing good comes from you unnecessarily voicing your opinion about other players production on other teams especially when it has a negative slant to it. 
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Mar 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM ]
he did a lot of behind the scenes help. No way he got in the way of crabtree because he had a breakout year and Jenkins was either not ready or a plain out bust.

Marvin Lewis should gain more credibility before he disrespects a future hall of famer.
Lewis is a dummy. He acts like he never has or will sign a veteran player. You can't win playing a bunch of noobs all the time
Moss wasn't half as bad as his numbers might suggest. Especially in the beginning of the season. After rewatching the whole season there were several plays that he got open deep and wasn't thrown to, was underthrown to, or wasn't even seen. Later in the season you could tell he wasn't putting as much effort into getting open down field. I also think his presence lit a fire under crabtrees ass during training camp.
We got more from moss than he got from Taylor Mays
Share 49ersWebzone