There are 273 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Baalke has dropped the ball in free agency as far as the secondary is concerned. We couldn't afford Rogers-Cromartie or Talib on a 1 year 5 million dollar deal? The weak link on the team is only weaker with no help in sight. Other then Anquan Boldin the 49ers have done nothing in free agnecy. We could've used the money he spent on Skuta and Dahl and brought in one of those CB's. I could've drafted Tyrann Mathieu and made him a better special teams player then Dahl. Baalke's failure to address the secondary is just dissapointing, We'll be one of the teams in the next 5+ years that's good but never gets over the hump. We fail to address our biggest weakness every offseason. Waited 2 years to address a second WR,never added defensive line depth, and next offseason we'll still be talking about how weak the secondary is. When you have a weakness you address it and move on. You don't go cheap and move on. The Seahawks needed another playmaker and they traded for Harvin. We have a BIG need at FS and we sign Craig Dahl. We have a need for a big CB so we lowball Asomugha and let him take other visits. Monday we'll find out that he signed with NO for 1 year and 3 million dollars. Like it or not the Seahawks are the better team at this time. If we lose the division the Super Bowl dream is over. The 49ers aren't going into Seattle and win a playoff game.

I agree completely with all of this. Against many wishes on here I think at this point I would have to really step up efforts to move on Revis, I think more so now because of the all around gains Seattle has made on both sides of the ball. They can't afford to play games with musical secondary or trial and error.

Go hand Seattle their offseason championship trophy then.
then after we do that we go hide under the bed till the season is over . we are not going anywhere. you do know that you have to actually see seattle play a game with all thier new shiny pieces before you cast the niners out to the junkyard. you can grab all the shiny toys you want and throw them together but it does not mean s**t when it comes to playing the game. what did you want us to do>? offer these free agents , all who have either injury, age or performance issues, a blank check? good idea, you draft a rookie and hope he plays good special teams. i am god damn glad we got these two guys we did for special teams. if you did not see that area of the team last year well then I just do not know. while we are up against a salary cap, free agency is not done, we have the draft. if you want to jump off the cliff in mid march because you think we have not chance of winning our division against the all mighty seahawks , knock yourself out. stoop with the old tired worn out excuse about us being cheap, that is so ten years ago,, it is called the f**king salary cap, we have had only one guy who has taken a pay cut or redone his deal to help us out, and again for the millionth time,, we are not going to over pay for anyone. that is the way this regime has operated and so far it has led us to two divisional titles in a row and a super bowl so what is your deal?
Originally posted by islandink:
noooooooooo!! hes white!

God I hope this isn't the answer at FS. I mean, I really trust JH & Co., but this is scary!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

God I hope this isn't the answer at FS. I mean, I really trust JH & Co., but this is scary!

His contract is that of a back-up's contract, so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

he can play both, free and strong he is a good special teams person with the right type of work ethic the coaches like,, in other words he seems to be that right type of person the coaches are looking for. not the sexy guy, not the name guy, not the guy with all the glitter and bows but the right guy. what is scary is the shock and awe from some people how the niners have approached free agency this season.
Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said he anticipates free agent Ed Reed's status to be finalized this week.

Whether Reed will be back in Baltimore, with the Texans, or some other mystery team remains to be seen. Reed completed his two-day visit with the Texans on Friday, but he left town without a deal. It's expected that he's taking whatever offer he received back to Baltimore and giving Newsome the opportunity to match it.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Baalke has dropped the ball in free agency as far as the secondary is concerned. We couldn't afford Rogers-Cromartie or Talib on a 1 year 5 million dollar deal? The weak link on the team is only weaker with no help in sight. Other then Anquan Boldin the 49ers have done nothing in free agnecy. We could've used the money he spent on Skuta and Dahl and brought in one of those CB's. I could've drafted Tyrann Mathieu and made him a better special teams player then Dahl. Baalke's failure to address the secondary is just dissapointing, We'll be one of the teams in the next 5+ years that's good but never gets over the hump. We fail to address our biggest weakness every offseason. Waited 2 years to address a second WR,never added defensive line depth, and next offseason we'll still be talking about how weak the secondary is. When you have a weakness you address it and move on. You don't go cheap and move on. The Seahawks needed another playmaker and they traded for Harvin. We have a BIG need at FS and we sign Craig Dahl. We have a need for a big CB so we lowball Asomugha and let him take other visits. Monday we'll find out that he signed with NO for 1 year and 3 million dollars. Like it or not the Seahawks are the better team at this time. If we lose the division the Super Bowl dream is over. The 49ers aren't going into Seattle and win a playoff game.

I agree completely with all of this. Against many wishes on here I think at this point I would have to really step up efforts to move on Revis, I think more so now because of the all around gains Seattle has made on both sides of the ball. They can't afford to play games with musical secondary or trial and error.

Go hand Seattle their offseason championship trophy then.

Every year that Baalke taken over as GM, the 9ers have improved. And every year people whine and complain because he doesn't do it THEIR way.

yea i agree, i don't think dahl will every be as good as goldson, with that said we could have just drafted special teams players, this one is a head scracher.

he will not be the starter, calm down
So many chicken littles in this thread, I'm now dumber for having come in here. Thanks.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Every year that Baalke taken over as GM, the 9ers have improved. And every year people whine and complain because he doesn't do it THEIR way.

you are wise beyond your number of posts and your number of filled little red boxes. this is the way we have done it, we have won two divisional titles and now people think we ought to change the rules and offer an obscene amount of money to some high risk and in some cases very old players,, jesus f**king christ
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
So many chicken littles in this thread, I'm now dumber for having come in here. Thanks.

there are alot of good posters trying to make sense and talk some sense into some people but it just gets lost in the noise of everyone screeching that the season is lost and we are now a bottom dwellar because we did not over pay for charles woodson
Are we getting 2002 Charles Woodson? Because I'm not sure why there is such a need to sign him.

When Baalke took over there was no other way to go but up. The organization was in the basement for the last decade. A lot of talent was already on the roster and you can thank Harbaugh and the coaching staff for the major improvement. Baalke just signed a safety that even the Rams didn't want back on the roster. This guy sucks and in no way,shape or form is he a starting safety in the NFL. We need secondary help bad and let me explain this to you. Talib and Rogers Cromartie just signed 1 year and 5 million dollar deals. Sean Smith the big CB type Baalke said we needed just signed for 6 million a year. Ed Reed is still on the market and we signed this clown. Dahl wasn't getting this deal from any other team in the legue. There were good deals to be made on this slow market and Baalke sat on his hands and did nothing. Instead we signed special team players that we could've drafted in rounds 5 thru 7. Now we're placed into a position of having to play rookies in the secondary from day 1 or starting a scrub like Dahl. Just perfect Baalke you've placed our super bowl dreams in the hands of the unknown.

When Baalke took over there was no other way to go but up. The organization was in the basement for the last decade. A lot of talent was already on the roster and you can thank Harbaugh and the coaching staff for the major improvement. Baalke just signed a safety that even the Rams didn't want back on the roster. This guy sucks and in no way,shape or form is he a starting safety in the NFL. We need secondary help bad and let me explain this to you. Talib and Rogers Cromartie just signed 1 year and 5 million dollar deals. Sean Smith the big CB type Baalke said we needed just signed for 6 million a year. Ed Reed is still on the market and we signed this clown. Dahl wasn't getting this deal from any other team in the legue. There were good deals to be made on this slow market and Baalke sat on his hands and did nothing. Instead we signed special team players that we could've drafted in rounds 5 thru 7. Now we're placed into a position of having to play rookies in the secondary from day 1 or starting a scrub like Dahl. Just perfect Baalke you've placed our super bowl dreams in the hands of the unknown.

Wow, Zone logic at its best. Makes me wonder why none of the guys on here work in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone