There are 237 users in the forums

Elvis Dumervil released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yeah I dont think we can sign every player that gets released
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Remember, Dumervil was asked to take a pay cut, so maybe Dumervil's agent did this on "purpose," faxing the paperwork back a little late so the Broncos were forced to release his client...making him a free agent and opening him up to better offers from other teams. Worse case, Denver can always re-sign him to the original pay-cut terms if no other teams jump in with better deals. It's a win-win for Dumervil.
Broncos took a $4.5m hit in releasing him. They likely won't have the cap room to bring him back.. Maybe Dumervil takes a 1yr 'prove it' deal given that it's a buyers market right now??
Love the movie poster - I have it and the movie still holds up.

Dumervil is VERY good.

Awe Shucks - Ain't got the Bucks!

Atlanta?
Originally posted by slowriot:
Remember, Dumervil was asked to take a pay cut, so maybe Dumervil's agent did this on "purpose," faxing the paperwork back a little late so the Broncos were forced to release his client...making him a free agent and opening him up to better offers from other teams. Worse case, Denver can always re-sign him to the original pay-cut terms if no other teams jump in with better deals. It's a win-win for Dumervil.
Broncos took a $4.5m hit in releasing him. They likely won't have the cap room to bring him back.. Maybe Dumervil takes a 1yr 'prove it' deal given that it's a buyers market right now??

I think he could get more than a 1 year deal since he was a very productive player last year (11 sacks) and just turned 29.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by jrg:
we do not have infinite $

Up,up, down,down,left,right,B,A start...

That should give us infinite money.

now we can beat contra
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Dumervil is VERY good.

Atlanta?

Atlanta does make sense. Big hole to fill with Abraham moving on..
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Dumervil is VERY good.

Atlanta?

Atlanta does make sense. Big hole to fill with Abraham moving on..

Or Seattle. They signed like every other DE on the market so why not?
I think he could get more than a 1 year deal since he was a very productive player last year (11 sacks) and just turned 29.

You would think the same for M.Bennett(26) who took a 1yr deal in Sea. Avril (also 26) signed for just two years.. Neither got the $$ that was expected..

You would think the same for M.Bennett(26) who took a 1yr deal in Sea. Avril (also 26) signed for just two years.. Neither got the $$ that was expected..

True, true.....though Bennett is not really a true DE, he's more of a DT/DE combo. But you're right, the market for pass rushers is definitely a lot weaker than normal.

True, true.....though Bennett is not really a true DE, he's more of a DT/DE combo. But you're right, the market for pass rushers is definitely a lot weaker than normal.

With the rookie cap, it's much more cost effective to plug holes with draft picks.

Of course, Kruger went out and got a $40m deal from CLE and Barwin got $36 from PHI, but they seem to be the exception this year.. Regardless, I doubt Dumervil is in play for the Niners given our $$ investment in Brooks and Haralson...
Originally posted by baltien:
With the rookie cap, it's much more cost effective to plug holes with draft picks.

Especially in a year when we have so many picks and a limited number of roster spaces to fill..
Originally posted by baltien:

However, there isn't a pass rusher in this draft that I would choose over Dumervil right now. The top guys will need a few years to develop before they become effective pass rushers (IMO), so for teams needing an immediate upgrade, Elvis is king.

Btw, I can see him going to the Ravens (perfect fit of need/skills) or going home to Florida and playing for the Bucs.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by jrg:
we do not have infinite $

Up,up, down,down,left,right,B,A start...

That should give us infinite money.

now we can beat contra

That is too funny.
Guys! Guys!! Here...have a seat, take a deep breath...better? OK,drink some of this, have a couple hits off this,..I said breathe...patience, my brothers and sisters. The draft is coming where the 9ers will shock the world.
Share 49ersWebzone