LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

I miss him too. He's always been one of my favorite players on the team and one of the few former Niners I keep tabs on still.
He's a starter, doubt he wants to come back and be a back up.
Nope
No thanks.
I seen him drop a wide open pass last Sunday.true story.
Salary cap.
Why would he come back? What about the salary cap? Just makes no sense.
Lol
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on May 16, 2016 at 5:45 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I will take Delanie over Vance McDonald any day !!
VMac's just getting started...Delanie's a wily vet...apples & oranges. Beyond that, I think Carrier has a chance to really make his mark this season, so he'd fill the basic role Walker left behind.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
VMac's just getting started...Delanie's a wily vet...apples & oranges. Beyond that, I think Carrier has a chance to really make his mark this season, so he'd fill the basic role Walker left behind.

Exactly. Delanie didn't look this good in 2007 (his second season). I honestly wish Roman/Kap would call more plays for Vance McDonald to break him out of whatever his issue is. It has to be mental. Coming out of college, blocking was considered his weakness and he was considered a good pass catcher. For things to flip like that, it has to be a mental issue. Throwing at him once doesn't help things and doesn't allow him to establish any rhythm. They need to throw at him four to five times a game a few times to see if he can get it going. If he gets it together, great. If he doesn't then we still know the #2 TE position is up for grabs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rascal:
I will take Delanie over Vance McDonald any day !!

this
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I saw him have more yards in one game than all three of our TEs combined for the year last Sunday. That said, he's not coming back and we can't afford him unless Davis goes.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I saw him have more yards in one game than all three of our TEs combined for the year last Sunday. That said, he's not coming back and we can't afford him unless Davis goes.
Carrier got blasted and still held on. Delanie dropped clutch passes when he was here.
Of course. More versatility on offense not to mention his ST ability and the fact that he toughed it out through the rough years. He will always be a niner to me.
Share 49ersWebzone