LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Alternative name for the Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Taking Christmas trees down in an airport is not the same thing as changing racist team names. The whole Pandora's box argument is a straw man used from everything from equality in marriage to now changing racist names. I can see the future already, we'll be a society of people married to toasters and decorations will be illegal. Give me a friggin' break.

Thank you and right on the money. If Native Americans think the term Redskins is a racist term (and of course it's probably the most racist name in all of professional sports), then they're the first ones we should listen to on this. This entire "slippery slope" or "politically correct" argument is just a lame diversion that allows people to live with this kind of nonsense. "Redskins" has it's origin firmly placed in the long-running historical American project some of us know as genocide. There are a couple offensive names for Jews they used in Europe as they were trying to commit genocide on them and I'm guessing that if we had a professional team with those names peoples' heads would explode. And I don't give two s**ts about somebody who isn't offended or who doesn't think people should care about this kind of thing. So what? Some things are just offensive and if some people can't see that, it's their problem.

Actually, it is your problem. You can try and create an offense-free world, or you can learn to suck it up and accept that people do things that are offensive, and they are free to do so. Don't patronize the Redskins if you find the name offensive, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
Washington Eagle's b***hes.
Washington Albino Midget Eskimos
Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by boast:

/thread

f**k... you win

I agree.
Good, im glad the patent office made that decision.When other official stances are taken against that offensive term ill be glad then also.

Dan Snyder is a insensitive,defiant douchebag.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Good, im glad the patent office made that decision.When other official stances are taken against that offensive term ill be glad then also.

If you aren't native american you can't comment on this. Just like I can't comment on a black issue or a Mexican issue, or an Asian issue. Or else be labled an insensitive racist. Thank you liberals. Wussifying the nation, I issue at a time.
Washington
Slongnoses
Originally posted by fryet:
Actually, it is your problem. You can try and create an offense-free world, or you can learn to suck it up and accept that people do things that are offensive, and they are free to do so. Don't patronize the Redskins if you find the name offensive, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

It's not my problem. It's my opinion. We're all free to have our own opinions. Some of us aren't as sensitive to or concerned with things that are hurtful to other people. Some of us are less concerned about a better society. And of course, we don't all agree on what a better society even means.

Funny how the majority of people "Offended" by the name "Redskins" aren't Native Americans, they are white liberals. They are being "offended for" Native Americans. They think they are "doing good" by trying to get the name changed.

You really want to Do good with Native Americans? How about you donate money to them so they can restore land or help them build schools or something. Do something that actually benefits them instead of changing a name a majority of Native Americans don't care about.
Washington Door Mats

Washington Spurriers

"Changing logo to a potato and keeping name Redskins"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Matt94520:
I got it people. The Washington Wombats!

I like it, it's catchy!
The Washington D.C. Untz
the not redskins
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:

Funny how the majority of people "Offended" by the name "Redskins" aren't Native Americans, they are white liberals. They are being "offended for" Native Americans. They think they are "doing good" by trying to get the name changed.

You really want to Do good with Native Americans? How about you donate money to them so they can restore land or help them build schools or something. Do something that actually benefits them instead of changing a name a majority of Native Americans don't care about.

Native Americans are offended. Maybe not all, but some.
Share 49ersWebzone