LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Eagles name Tom Gamble Vice President of Player Personnel

Shop 49ers game tickets
A little surprising we let him leave this close to the combine. But I'm sure Baalke was prepared for his departure weeks ago when he was linked to the Jets.
if anyone in our draft this year plays like AJ Jenkins, people are going to say its b/c Gamble left.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Thinking the guy would have become a GM before something like this.. watch out for the Eagles, they are doing some good things.
Surprised he made essentially a lateral move. Hopefully Baalke has a solid replacement in mind.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
f**king bird teams.
Who are we gunna promote or hire to take his spot???
mother f**king trader. You going down when we play you next you son of B!tch. Oh yeah don't forget to call you brother MacClown in Seattle. He is trying to take all the credit for signing Russell. LOL!!!!!
Tom Gamble is from South Jersey and started in Philadelphia. His Dad was the Eagles' GM from 1985-96.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Tom Gamble is from South Jersey and started in Philadelphia. His Dad was the Eagles' GM from 1985-96.

This, it's like a dream job of taking over your dad's old stomping grounds, hopefully unlike Nolan he doesn't #$% up.

He was just fired on New Year's eve, bring him back with Kelly. Best news of the new year.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
He was just fired on New Year's eve, bring him back with Kelly. Best news of the new year.

Lot. This would be kind of funny. I doubt it goes down that way, but I've been talking about Mark Helfrich a little. It's a nice dream, but won't happen. I can only imagine Kap and the rest of these guys in that offense though.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Just bringing Gamble back alone would be fine. He and Kelly are super tight and that was intimidating their GM. I never heard about any issues between Baalke and Gamble.
Share 49ersWebzone