There are 171 users in the forums

Eagles name Tom Gamble Vice President of Player Personnel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Great I wonder how much info on the draft will be taken to Philly
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't see how you blow this off as no big deal. Clearly we grade guys in the draft differently, what if this would have happened last year, would we have Kaep?
[ Edited by TX9R on Feb 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by TX9R:
I don't see how you blow this off as no big deal. Clearly we grade guys in the draft differently, what if this would have happened last year, would we have Kaep?

It's widely known that Harbaugh wanted Kap.
We're fine.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

With Gamble off to Philly, keep an eye on 49ers director of college scouting Joel Patten. Might get some added responsibility in SF.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers GM Trent Baalke on Tom Gamble: "I would like to thank Tom for his hard work, dedication and loyalty over the past eight seasons...

"...He has played an instrumental role within our personnel department, and is a true professional in every sense of the word. ..."

"...As a friend, I will always appreciate the relationship we have, and wish him and his family all the best." -- 49ers GM Baalke on Gamble.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

With Gamble off to Philly, keep an eye on 49ers director of college scouting Joel Patten. Might get some added responsibility in SF.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Feb 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM ]
Is Gamble the genius behind Jenkins?
Not worried.
I thought i read somewhere that Gamble was more responsible for the FA that we targeted and Baalke was more of a college evaluator

Originally posted by Squidp:
I thought i read somewhere that Gamble was more responsible for the FA that we targeted and Baalke was more of a college evaluator

Hopefully that's true, because free agents should be the lowest priority this team has on its list for the next 5 - 10 years.
Seems Gamble doesnt want to win a title any time soon going to Philadelphia.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I think the jury is still out on the 2012 draft. James is an explosive offensive player who could turn into another Darren Sproles and we really don't know what we have with A.J. Jenkins for the long term. We don't know about Cam Johnson, but he sure looks like he could be good. Same with Trent Robinson - great speed for a safety. Darius Fleming is still an unknown, but could be another good LB. I've seen nothing but good news about Joe Looney - he looks like a keeper at guard. The main reason people think 2012 was a bust is Jenkins, but I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions. They obviously wanted more physical play out of him - his blocking probably left something to be desired - but he's reportedly going to spend the entire off season getting stronger and working with Kaepernick.
This - he's actually been practicing at both guards positions AND center. Just a W.A.G. on my part, but I think they may be grooming him for when Goodwin leaves/is cut.

I think Kilgore would be the replacement for Goodwin.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by TX9R:

It's widely known that Harbaugh wanted Kap.

Yeah common knowledge that most our scouts/personnel guys liked others QBs but Harbaugh was on Kap from the get go.
I like him and he served us well. I'd prefer he stayed, but not really concerned about it.

Eagles fans are stoked. I've seen nothing but extremely positive reactions and some would rather have him as GM than Roseman and/or think Gamble is there to take over GM in the future.
Share 49ersWebzone