LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Eagles name Tom Gamble Vice President of Player Personnel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
a minor hit to our F.O ....I'd be s**ttng bricks if we lost Baalke though, our most brilliant mind in the front office since Carmen Policy

Right. Baalke is the main guy. And don't sleep on Harbaugh himself. He certainly seems to have a knack for spotting ballers.
Who cares?...We had a s**tty 2012 draft anyway.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Who cares?...We had a s**tty 2012 draft anyway.

I think the jury is still out on the 2012 draft. James is an explosive offensive player who could turn into another Darren Sproles and we really don't know what we have with A.J. Jenkins for the long term. We don't know about Cam Johnson, but he sure looks like he could be good. Same with Trent Robinson - great speed for a safety. Darius Fleming is still an unknown, but could be another good LB. I've seen nothing but good news about Joe Looney - he looks like a keeper at guard. The main reason people think 2012 was a bust is Jenkins, but I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions. They obviously wanted more physical play out of him - his blocking probably left something to be desired - but he's reportedly going to spend the entire off season getting stronger and working with Kaepernick.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

RT @MykalParrish Why would Gamble make a seemingly lateral move like that? > Vice president title, and the Eagles are home for him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN

Howie said Tom Gamble will be involved in pro scouting, college scouting and free agency. Every facet of personnel.
So who can we replace him with?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Jimmy Raye
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

1.2? Not trying to diminish Gamble, but #49ers knew it was a possibility. @SeanCook02: How bad is this timing for SF? Scale of 1-10
If he was crucial in moving forward - the FO wouldn't have given permission.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Jimmy Raye

No big deal he is worthless to us anyway. As long as we hold on to Baalke and Fangio we are good to go.
Supposedly a great scouting mind but with Baalke, Harbaugh, etc. still at the helm, we're fine.
I Wonder if hes gonna Bring Delanie Walker with him to Philly
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I think the jury is still out on the 2012 draft. James is an explosive offensive player who could turn into another Darren Sproles and we really don't know what we have with A.J. Jenkins for the long term. We don't know about Cam Johnson, but he sure looks like he could be good. Same with Trent Robinson - great speed for a safety. Darius Fleming is still an unknown, but could be another good LB. I've seen nothing but good news about Joe Looney - he looks like a keeper at guard. The main reason people think 2012 was a bust is Jenkins, but I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions. They obviously wanted more physical play out of him - his blocking probably left something to be desired - but he's reportedly going to spend the entire off season getting stronger and working with Kaepernick.
This - he's actually been practicing at both guards positions AND center. Just a W.A.G. on my part, but I think they may be grooming him for when Goodwin leaves/is cut.
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
I Wonder if hes gonna Bring Delanie Walker with him to Philly

I highly doubt Delanie will be let go. He's too valuable an asset (and yes, I know he gets the dropsies).
Share 49ersWebzone