LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Tyson Jackson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Let's not forget Justin Smith wasn't very productive in Cincinnati, even as a 4-3 DE. Sometimes a guy needs better players around him to make him more productive.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Let's not forget Justin Smith wasn't very productive in Cincinnati, even as a 4-3 DE. Sometimes a guy needs better players around him to make him more productive.

He wasn't the best pass rusher in the league but he was pretty damn productive for them. He was franchised by them and then he was one of the top free agents the next offseason.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

He wasn't the best pass rusher in the league but he was pretty damn productive for them. He was franchised by them and then he was one of the top free agents the next offseason.

Yeah, Justin Smith has never been "productive."

Based off this analysis I'd have him compete

yes a perfect comparison....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:

Based off this analysis I'd have him compete

No thanks. 20 bench reps for a 3-4 dline player who's job is to be two gaping and fighting 2 guys every play no thanks, doesn't fit our system, we need guys who can take two out of the play so Aldon and Brooks don't. Justin and Raymac both can both are strong and can hold and can even get pressure. I just don't see the power to hold a double team and keep the lb's clean.
Originally posted by sarppen:
Intrigued by his guy...still young and with the right team and coaching could turn around his career

Agreed. I wonder if his production is a product of that defense. Fangio gets the most out of his players so I think he could have a positive impact on Jackson.

Not to mention Justin Smith is a great guy to learn from.

He was pretty decent. I don't remember him being one of the premier defensive ends, but he was pretty good from day one. Tyson Jackson does not fit this mold. There are some defensive line free agents available that have had decent careers that we could sign for one of our Trent Baalke veteran special type of deals.
Tyson Jackson = Poor Man's Ray McDonald

If we could get him and Dorsey, then draft 2 guys (Jessie Williams and Datone Jones), we can not only let Soap and RJF walk, we'd solve our depth problem, and have a solid rotation !!
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He sucks. Dorsey is better off in a 4-3 scheme.
Originally posted by FL9er:
He sucks. Dorsey is better off in a 4-3 scheme.

IDK, still remember them thrashing us/Gore 2 yrs ago. We got stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey by these two.. However, there may be better optons out there albeit, more expensive..
Share 49ersWebzone