LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Cary Williams Quote....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bah. Let him talk. I prefer my players to win with class, which he apparently lacks.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I heard about the referee shove, but I didn't catch it live. I must have over looked it. Looking at it in that gif, Justin Smith got thrown out for far less. Didn't he just pass by a ref and shoulder tapped him? Then the ref threw him out of the game. Williams is a punk b*tch
ROFL.

His biggest hit if the game was on the official.

What a douchenozzle. This putz is gonna get STOMPED the next time the Ravens and Niners meet up.
I really disagree with Cciowa or however it's spelled approach to being a fan. Root for your team, pick them up when they are down. You can point out deficiencies and things you dislike but to back a guy like this up and put the niners down in the same sentence is just a horrible way to act as a "fan."
WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?! NOBODY!! #49ers #QuestForSix
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Williams is an idiot and was lucky he got to finish the game, hell he was beyond lucky. Most refs throw someone out for less contact then that.

When the fix is in, stuff like that doesnt matter.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Williams is an idiot and was lucky he got to finish the game, hell he was beyond lucky. Most refs throw someone out for less contact then that.

When the fix is in, stuff like that doesnt matter.

I'd be more upset about a fix if the 9ers showed up to play a full 4 qtrs. With the performance they gave they deserved to lose.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I heard about the referee shove, but I didn't catch it live. I must have over looked it. Looking at it in that gif, Justin Smith got thrown out for far less. Didn't he just pass by a ref and shoulder tapped him? Then the ref threw him out of the game. Williams is a punk b*tch

I think it's obvious he didn't know he was shoving a ref. And luckily for him the refs knew that too.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I think it's obvious he didn't know he was shoving a ref. And luckily for him the refs knew that too.

That doesnt matter. You are supposed to be in control..... That is what they said when Justin got kicked out...

i wonder if that columnist reminded him their "real man" defense allowed almost 600 yards of offense?
  • Tical
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ubaisore:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

That doesnt matter. You are supposed to be in control..... That is what they said when Justin got kicked out...
was this the same referee crew? Just because one crew is quick to throw a flag on things doesn't mean all of them will
Originally posted by Tical:
was this the same referee crew? Just because one crew is quick to throw a flag on things doesn't mean all of them will

I dont think it should matter.... touching a ref is a very well known rule and very well known that you never break that one or you get tossed
Not even a flag? If you hold/tackle seven guys on one play and don't get a flag, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
  • Tical
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ubaisore:
I dont think it should matter.... touching a ref is a very well known rule and very well known that you never break that one or you get tossed

It's all about the ref being able to make judgement calls imo. Players touch refs all the time, pats on the back or the butt. The ref knows there's no harm intended or disrespect there. Cary Williams shoving the ref there wasn't a "that was a terrible call you idiot" shove. It was a giant scrap going on with everybody on top of each other pushing and shoving from all directions, players are trying to get people off them and dont want to be touched. I say good job of ref by not overreacting and realizing what the situation was. People pay good money to see the players play

[ Edited by Tical on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone